Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Season True or False: The Entire Washington Redskins Organization has a chip on its shoulder

SMOSS89

I don't see any way possible that the answer to this is anything but true. I can't think of a time in recent NFL history where a team's owner, GM, coach, & QB each had a huge chip on their shoulders and felt the need to "prove" themselves like Danny, Bruce, Shanny & DMac. I think all of this will translate into wins and successful runs here for Bruce, Shanny, & DMac. Don't get me wrong, I think each would be motivated regardless of their backgrounds, but I'm sure having those chips of their shoulders has given them an extra jolt when they wake up every morning.

From everything I've seen and read, every player on this team seems to have a chip on their shoulders - well except for one and we know who that is. :paranoid:

Definitely true - but at what cost?

I don't like a 4-12 team having a "win now" outlook. I'd like to see a "acquire talent now" outlook. We'll know what direction they are taking by the end of training camp. Maybe a lot of those old bodies are just for practice. But the thought of relying on McNabb, Portis, Johnson, Westbrook, Moss, and Galloway leaves me unexcited about the season and the near term prospects.

You, but not Shanahan and the coaching staff. And that's what's the most important thing.
As I said, a bunch of those players may be gone by the end of camp. So we really don't know what Shanahan thinks about the team makeup yet. I've been assuming that adding Wade and Galloway means that he's not sold on Kelly and Thomas. Maybe he just wants to push them in camp.

I don't see any way possible that the answer to this is anything but true. I can't think of a time in recent NFL history where a team's owner, GM, coach, & QB each had a huge chip on their shoulders and felt the need to "prove" themselves like Danny, Bruce, Shanny & DMac. I think all of this will translate into wins and successful runs here for Bruce, Shanny, & DMac. Don't get me wrong, I think each would be motivated regardless of their backgrounds, but I'm sure having those chips of their shoulders has given them an extra jolt when they wake up every morning.

From everything I've seen and read, every player on this team seems to have a chip on their shoulders - well except for one and we know who that is. :paranoid:

He ate his chip.

I do think they are motivated to win, not as much a chip on their shoulder as a deep desire to prove that they were better than the 4-12 debacle from last season.

The Redskins have good personnel that has under achieved. This is especially true on the offensive side of the ball, where JC + poor scheme (Zorn + Bingo) = poor offense.

With Kyle Shan + McNabb the offense will be much better. Defensively they were plain vanilla every week, should be more explosive group this year.

Looking forward to it...

Definitely true - but at what cost?

I don't like a 4-12 team having a "win now" outlook. I'd like to see a "acquire talent now" outlook. We'll know what direction they are taking by the end of training camp. Maybe a lot of those old bodies are just for practice. But the thought of relying on McNabb, Portis, Johnson, Westbrook, Moss, and Galloway leaves me unexcited about the season and the near term prospects.

The problem with the acquire now mentality is that they only had 4 picks in the draft. It is kinda hard to acquire talent with only 4 picks and this strange free agency season. The guys in the FO did an outstanding job just getting the players they did!

I need to think of it this way, get the vets to build a foundation and then bring in the noobs and build on a that solid foundation. Shanallan is doing the right thing the only way they could have, it was the the only option available and they succeeded!

Archived