Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wait List Pick A Seat Day Was Today

Club Seat Player

I got there at 845am for the program that ran from 10 am to 12 noon. Based on what I heard about selecting seats in the cave, I thought Id be in the top 100 in line. I was number 4!!!

For those of you who werent aware, they had a open house to allow those of us on the waitlist - (like there is one) - to come and see our seats first before buying.

By 10 am - there was honestly no more than two dozen people in line. Seat selection was only in the Upper Deck and was mostly less than 50 - 60 seats that had tags on them. Corners mostly and some very high rows.

Nothing under row 12 and most was in the 20s. A few seats at good yard lines - including 50 yard line on the visitors side. But they were the last 7-10 rows. Very high up - had last row 50 yd line if you want to stand and watch the game at times..

Tells me - they really dont have much inventory. At least that which they are willing to admit. And - an apathetic fan base. Supply is a bit more than demand...but I thought theyd have thousands of seats tagged in the upper deck and they didnt.

Was a well run process - opened promptly at 10 am - gave a free Chris Cooley medallion.

A pathetic fan base? really? yeeeeaaa okay... that's why we havent had blackouts for a very long time

Anyway did you buy any tickets? And did you take any pictures of the new HD screens and club level party platforms by chance?

I said apathetic - not pathetic at all. But a fan based that is tired of losing. Imagine there being only two dozen people in line for seats at FEDEX 10 years ago. Thats an apathetic fan base - indifferent to getting out of bed on a Sat to go look at seats for an open house when they can stay home and be very passionate about their Skins while watching HD TVs at home. Just an observation - not an indictment.

Sorry no pictures of the HD boards. They were on (for marketing purposes) and looked good - but smaller in comparison to the Ravens stadium and not as high quality. But what an improvement!!! Obviously seats were taken out where the HD boards are and several rows above them as well. Field was newly grown grass - no yardlines or markings. Looked ready to go!

I did not purchase additional seats. I have in 401 R 8 but was hoping theyd release some good inventory at this event. Wasnt really worth it and it was mostly nosebleed in good yardlines (just a few) and a smattering of lower rows in the dreaded corners.

:wtf:That just can't be....I've been told on very good authority by several people on this board that there are lots of tickets...probably in the thousands of tickets available anytime someone wants season tickets. :drooley:

On a more serious note....

It may be that the combination of the economy and the lack of victories has really taken a toll on the number of fans willing to buy season tickets. I am surprised, however, that only a few dozen showed up.

Anyway did you buy any tickets? And did you take any pictures of the new HD screens and club level party platforms by chance?

Yeah, I did. :) I mean I got some pics. I didn't buy tickets.

I got there about 9:40. There were about twelve people in line (counting couples as one) when I got in line.

I was waiting for somebody else to start this thread because I didn't feel like doing it.

I'll post some pics in a few mins...

Edit: Here's the HD tron in bright sunshine. It looks better in real life. The colors are bright and clear. They were showing training camp vids with no sound. Funny - the vid they were showing was made for a square screen, so the heads were cut off from all the players. :ols:

Just behind the screen you can see the new club standing room area.

dcp6566s.jpg

Here's a pic of the new club standing room area. I'm leaning over the upper deck when I shot this pic. You can see there are now railings and places to put your beer as you're standing there watching the game.

dcp6565s.jpg

Here's a pic of the HD Tron in the shade. What's kind of interesting is the video screen extends up and into the what would be the ribbon screen area.

dcp6570s.jpg

Here's an example of some seats. These seats in the photo below are two seats from the 50 yard line aisle. They were five together. There were quite a few to choose from in sections 427-429, way up high. Sorry for the poor picture quality. It says:

Section 427

Row 28

Seat 25

$704

Full Season Price

The $704 includes PG County Amusement Tax.

seatd.jpg

Here is a block of sixteen seats available in Section 428 real close to the 50 yard line aisle:

dcp6573s.jpg

...and here's a set of 5 and a set of 10 in Section 427 - again, very close to the 50.

dcp6575s.jpg

If anybody reading this wants some seats and is on the waiting list, a call to the ticket office Monday morning may produce results, as most of these went unsold today. 301 276-6050.

Sorry no pictures of the HD boards. They were on (for marketing purposes) and looked good - but smaller in comparison to the Ravens stadium and not as high quality. But what an improvement!!! Obviously seats were taken out where the HD boards are and several rows above them as well. ......

Curious since the Skins have stated publicly their boards are 30' x 100' and the Ravens are publicly reporting their boards are just 24' x 100'. The Skins boards are LED and I assume so are the Ravens boards. Both made by Daktronics. So the quality should be the same and the Skins board is reported to be taller.

:wtf:That just can't be....I've been told on very good authority by several people on this board that there are lots of tickets...probably in the thousands of tickets available anytime someone wants season tickets. :drooley:

On a more serious note....

It may be that the combination of the economy and the lack of victories has really taken a toll on the number of fans willing to buy season tickets. I am surprised, however, that only a few dozen showed up.

My guess is they just showed a smattering so that people like me wouldnt report a huge inventory. Of note, they only opened up about 25% of the Upper Deck sections to look at - so Im sure this was a controlled event.

On the HD Board size and quality - maybe because FEDEX is so much bigger - they appeared smaller to me and Im reporting what my eyes interpreted as lower quality. But its opinion not fact.

My guess is they just showed a smattering so that people like me wouldnt report a huge inventory. Of note, they only opened up about 25% of the Upper Deck sections to look at - so Im sure this was a controlled event.

On the HD Board size and quality - maybe because FEDEX is so much bigger - they appeared smaller to me and Im reporting what my eyes interpreted as lower quality. But its opinion not fact.

My first note was "dripping with sarcasm" for others on this board. There are two opposing viewpoints about whether the Skins GA tickets are truly sold out or not each season.

I doubt they would only show a "smattering" of available seats. ANY business is going to show its entire inventory if it has unsold seats. That is the whole point of having a select a seat day. IF you really believe it is a conspiracy by the Skins to give the impression that few seats are available then you need to meet Chipwich; and why even have such an event anyway? .....IF the Skins wanted to create a false impression that all seats were sold then just announce they are all sold out and sell any extras to ticket brokers.

The quality of the video could be related to the video quality. MTH said they were showing video that may not have been HDTV. If they used standard video film to show on the screens then it would not look as good as the Ravens new screens which have been operational for a couple months now. The Ravens have purchased HDTV quality cameras to film the action on the field. I HOPE the Skins have done the same.

Those two commercial boards on either side of the video screen just looks tacky...I understand why they are their but it just looks bad IMHO.

I doubt they would only show a "smattering" of available seats. ANY business is going to show its entire inventory if it has unsold seats. That is the whole point of having a select a seat day. IF you really believe it is a conspiracy by the Skins to give the impression that few seats are available then you need to meet Chipwich; and why even have such an event anyway? .....IF the Skins wanted to create a false impression that all seats were sold then just announce they are all sold out and sell any extras to ticket brokers.

The quality of the video could be related to the video quality. MTH said they were showing video that may not have been HDTV. If they used standard video film to show on the screens then it would not look as good as the Ravens new screens which have been operational for a couple months now. The Ravens have purchased HDTV quality cameras to film the action on the field. I HOPE the Skins have done the same.

Today was pick a seat day, and we were only shown about a quarter of the stadium. Maybe a third. Roughly from Sections 427 through Sections 442 or so. I personally don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do find it odd that only those sections were available when the team has made it clear that upper level season ticket holders may not move sideways. Something is odd about that.

Maybe the team is filling the seats in the other sections the old-fashioned way. And is doing this only in these sections to help speed up the process.

And yeah, I don't think the vid was HD. The colors were bright though. :)

I also posted a bunch of pics in the FedExField thread - they are pics of the view from the obstructed view seats in the upper level that are not marked OV. I posted like 10-12 pics in there...

dcp6578s.jpg

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=147933

Thanks for reporting about this event. I was curious to how it would be run. The team has apparently stepped up their offers to have wait list members join the loud crowd as well. Several of my friends have reported getting these offers.

Wait is the "loud crowd" the standing-room seats? How much are these supposed to be (for one game)?

Today was pick a seat day, and we were only shown about a quarter of the stadium. Maybe a third. Roughly from Sections 427 through Sections 442 or so. I personally don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do find it odd that only those sections were available when the team has made it clear that upper level season ticket holders may not move sideways. Something is odd about that.

Maybe the team is filling the seats in the other sections the old-fashioned way. And is doing this only in these sections to help speed up the process.

And yeah, I don't think the vid was HD. The colors were bright though. :)

Or they determined the turnout was going to be low so they did not tag every available seat.

I just checked out the Daktronics web site. I still think those two large ads on either side of the video screen are tacky but they are far easier on the eye than what are found at other NFL stadiums. Some teams have the screen completely surrounded by advertisements...as many as 6 different ads. Yuck! Danny's screen actually looks far more attractive and has far LESS marketing....believe it or not!

I also posted a bunch of pics in the FedExField thread - they are pics of the view from the obstructed view seats in the upper level that are not marked OV. I posted like 10-12 pics in there...

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=147933

I know I have said this before but your FedEx field thread is just totally awesome! And I see you've been adding to your Homerpedia of information.....Great stuff. And it is greatly appreciated to have all this information in one place. I've used the FedEx thread as well as the jersey thread often...and poked around the other information threads, too, just for the fun of it.

Should be required reading for all new members :laugh:

Don't forget the ribbon screen. I'd be willing to bet we'll see ads on that baby.

Maybe...but I thought I read/heard somewhere that the plan was to put scores and fantasy football stat stuff on those screens.

Frankly, I am surprised he did not replace the other mechanical ads under the club overhang with ribbon boards for exclusive advertising purposes. But then....I am one of those that understands that advertising is what pays much of the bill and we are just stuck with it in a capitalist environment.

I personally don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do find it odd that only those sections were available when the team has made it clear that upper level season ticket holders may not move sideways. Something is odd about that.

it depends on how much you complain, how early you complain, and who you complain to. I was able to move sideways, but had to be willing to move UP to do it. Which I was willing to do because I was in a corner, and pretty high up.

I simply said that absent moving out of the section, I wouldn't renew the seats. And since I was more than willing to follow through on that, I couldn't lose.

Anyway, I moved to the 40 from corner end zone. High up, but hopefully they will move down over time.

Mark-Thanks for posting the stadium pictures. My buddy and I enjoyed seeing them and especially the new tv screen. We would both get seats if we lived back in the DC area. The franchise has to improve down the line. I remember for so many years if you did not have season tickets, you could not get them. I would take the Vienna Metro and go early and could always get a ticket from a scalper or from fans who has a ticket to sell because one of their friends could not make that particular game. I recall when I could pay $35.00 or 40.00 to see a game at RFK. I also remember standing in line to get the Skins playoff game ticket against the Lions a week before the game back in 1991.

Club Seat Player- thanks for starting the thread. I agree that the fan base remains skeptical and also hopeful for the future. I heard on NFL channel that McNabb is second best selling jersey so far this summer. I am going to stop buying jerseys for a while. My Redskins sports bar buddy bought number 92 last year and now he regrets wasting the money.

it depends on how much you complain, how early you complain, and who you complain to. I was able to move sideways, but had to be willing to move UP to do it. Which I was willing to do because I was in a corner, and pretty high up.

I simply said that absent moving out of the section, I wouldn't renew the seats. And since I was more than willing to follow through on that, I couldn't lose.

Anyway, I moved to the 40 from corner end zone. High up, but hopefully they will move down over time.

Added to the Experiences thread OP.

Mark-Thanks for posting the stadium pictures. ...

You're welcome.

CSP, my bad, i ASSumed you missed the enter key after typing a , and it was a typo LOL whoops

Cool pics Mark, thanks for sharing..thats what I had thought it was going to look like..still not sure why they went with aluminum platforms, as I said before that stuff gets SUPER slick...maybe they'll put down some sort of anti slip strips on them...they need to in the west end zone, people always slipping on the aluminum pull out seats there, mainly walking down the aisle.

Now if they would just put those kind of stand up tables in areas around the LOWER LEVEL CONCOURSE!! There is hardly anywhere to stand and eat there, and I'm sure its the same way in the UL

Thanks for the good pics Mark. Does anyone know more information about those party deck areas? Are they just for use by those with access to the club level? I'm curious as to how much they are going to be used. Seems like in the early part of the season, people want to hang out inside to avoid the heat as long as possible before the game starts (of course, this season we start out with an 8 pm game and a 4 pm game at home), and then in the late part of the season, people will hang out inside to avoid the cold. And when people do venture out, won't they just choose to go straight to their seats anyway?

Sounds like the TO played their hand correctly today. Since only walk ups could purchase, the staff simply gauged the size of the line to determine the number of flyers they'd need to hang.

No need to show 100 people a thousand vacancies when they're dealing with endzone seats.

BTW, the shelves on the party decks sure don't look like granite counter tops. Hope they're not finished yet.

I got there at 845am for the program that ran from 10 am to 12 noon. Based on what I heard about selecting seats in the cave, I thought Id be in the top 100 in line. I was number 4!!!

For those of you who werent aware, they had a open house to allow those of us on the waitlist - (like there is one) - to come and see our seats first before buying.

By 10 am - there was honestly no more than two dozen people in line. Seat selection was only in the Upper Deck and was mostly less than 50 - 60 seats that had tags on them. Corners mostly and some very high rows.

Nothing under row 12 and most was in the 20s. A few seats at good yard lines - including 50 yard line on the visitors side. But they were the last 7-10 rows. Very high up - had last row 50 yd line if you want to stand and watch the game at times..

Tells me - they really dont have much inventory. At least that which they are willing to admit. And - an apathetic fan base. Supply is a bit more than demand...but I thought theyd have thousands of seats tagged in the upper deck and they didnt.

Was a well run process - opened promptly at 10 am - gave a free Chris Cooley medallion.

Did you happen to see any of the seats near the aisle of section 427 row 22 open?

Archived