Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Source: Michael Vick Not Allowed to Travel

JustAfan47

Michael Vick has to stay put and is not allowed to travel out of the state for now, according to NBC 10’s John Clark.

Clark said the Eagles backup QB is being denied traveling privileges and has already missed two scheduled appearances, according to his crisis manager Judy Smith.

Vick was scheduled to appear at a football camp in Baltimore Friday but he was a no show. He was also slated to appear at a golf tournament in Atlanta over the weekend but never made the trip.

A Virginia Beach prosecutor said that Vick was involved in a nightclub confrontation before a shooting after his 30th birthday party in late June, but he was not in the area at the time of the shooting.

As part of Vick's probation, his travel plans must always be approved.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/Source-Michael-Vick-Not-Allowed-to-Travel-98179639.html

Michael Vick has to stay put and is not allowed to travel out of the state for now, according to NBC 10’s John Clark.

Clark said the Eagles backup QB is being denied traveling privileges and has already missed two scheduled appearances, according to his crisis manager Judy Smith.

Vick was scheduled to appear at a football camp in Baltimore Friday but he was a no show. He was also slated to appear at a golf tournament in Atlanta over the weekend but never made the trip........As part of Vick's probation, his travel plans must always be approved.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/Source-Michael-Vick-Not-Allowed-to-Travel-98179639.html

Those events [are] Edit: weren't Eagles events i.e. work events.

I seriously doubt they would restrict him from away games, because you know playing football is like his job and stuff.

Those events are Eagles events i.e. work events.

I seriously doubt they would restrict him from away games, because you know playing football is like his job and stuff.

Yeah at some point I would believe that Va would allow him to go to Pa. At what point do the Iggles say to them selfs enough is enough and just cut the guy. I really don't have a stand on Vick he could be gone and I probably wouldn't even know or he could still be in the league and I still wouldn't probably know either. :ols:

Yeah at some point I would believe that Va would allow him to go to Pa. At what point do the Iggles say to them selfs enough is enough and just cut the guy. I really don't have a stand on Vick he could be gone and I probably wouldn't even know or he could still be in the league and I still wouldn't probably know either. :ols:

At the end of the day the NFL is a talent driven enterprise and if Vick has talent left over he's a commodity.

If they didn't think Vick could still play they would have cut him already.

I like Vick he was one of my favorite players before he went to the clink.

I've always thought that if he went to the right type of coach when he was a young player (Holmgen, Shanahan, Reid, McCarthy, Norv) he would have been an NFL great.

Now because of his stupidity he's a cautionary tale of wasted talent.

Not only has Mike Vick lost millions upon millions, the guy spent 2 years in Jail. And now the guy cant travel? Thats ****ed up. Yeah what he did was wrong but damn, I think hes paid his debt to society.

Maybe so. But he didn't pay the debt to humanity for being a dumbazz.

Spend two years in jail then tell me if hes paid his debt to humanity.

He's on parole, otherwise known as supervised release. Not only does his prison time not mean that he's now free to do what he wants, it actually means he needs to use his brain and make sound decisions to a standard greater than the rest of society. He knew all of this when he was released from prison, and he said it in many public statements. His league-apointed advisor Tony Dungy, the league's commissioner, his head coach, and the guy that signs his pay check all said similar things the day he was signed.

The fact that he's being held to a higher standard certainly shouldn't be a surprise to him.

Your sympathy would be better spent just about anywhere than in the direction of Mike Vick.

How many parties have you attended with known felons this week? Would you attend more or fewer such parties if you were on supervised release and were working on your last chance to earn millions of dollars a year?

At what point do we stop giving the guy second chances and just conclude that he'll never get it? Is ten chances enough second chances?

He's on parole, otherwise known as supervised release. Not only does his prison time not mean that he's now free to do what he wants, it actually means he needs to use his brain and make sound decisions to a standard greater than the rest of society. He knew all of this when he was released from prison, and he said it in many public statements. His league-apointed advisor Tony Dungy, the league's commissioner, his head coach, and the guy that signs his pay check all said similar things the day he was signed.

The fact that he's being held to a higher standard certainly shouldn't be a surprise to him.

Your sympathy would be better spent just about anywhere than in the direction of Mike Vick.

How many parties have you attended with known felons this week? Would you attend more or fewer such parties if you were on supervised release and were working on your last chance to earn millions of dollars a year?

At what point do we stop giving the guy second chances and just conclude that he'll never get it? Is ten chances enough second chances?

Nice... That is one hell of a closing argument to soon to be out of the league Vick. Wow Nice post Iggle lover!.. :pfft: Thread closed!

I see where your coming from, and I guess my beef is with the justice system in general. He has already been to jail and lost millions of dollars and I personally think thats enough. I spent ten days in jail last year and I couldnt imagine spending two years. Its hell in there. Im not condoning what he did at all, he is an *******. I didnt realize hes out on parole and that usually means you cant travel. Whatever, Im not losing sleep about it. Hes an Eagle and at the end of the day I dont care what happens to him.

Good.

Look's like he does have a new BFF in Kevin Cobb

"I think people misunderstand Michael a little bit"Kevin Kolb says "that whole drowning thing? He was really just teaching them how to swim"

Good god. I didn't read that story when I saw it on philly.com, assuming it was just an empty puff piece of the sort that's all too common in July, but that can't be a real quote, can it? It's like the punchline to a really bad joke that my uncle would tell.

Good god. I didn't read that story when I saw it on philly.com, assuming it was just an empty puff piece of the sort that's all too common in July, but that can't be a real quote, can it? It's like the punchline to a really bad joke that my uncle would tell.

no, lol

not a real quote. The first part is, though, with him saying Vick is misunderstood.

Yeah. I misunderstand that he is a self absorbed POS that liked pitting animals against each other to the death. Then killing some of them because they just got no heart. Screw Vick and any one who apologizes for him. Yes, he did his time and deserves to be able to go out and party, but that doesn't mean he's a worthwhile human being. He's still trash.

Not only has Mike Vick lost millions upon millions, the guy spent 2 years in Jail. And now the guy cant travel? Thats ****ed up. Yeah what he did was wrong but damn, I think hes paid his debt to society.

I still think what he did doesn't even compare to what Donte Stalworth did. I know dog fighting is illegal and all but other scrubs have done a lot worse and got off a lot easier.

I still think what he did doesn't even compare to what Donte Stalworth did. I know dog fighting is illegal and all but other scrubs have done a lot worse and got off a lot easier.

Putting aside the question of whether what Vick did was "worse" than what Stallworth did, why even compare the two?

What does one have to do with the other? Different states, different crimes, different jurisdictions... millions of crimes take place each year in this country, why have you cherry picked these two and decided to decide one man's culpability to society based on the punishment received by the other?

There's no connection. They have nothing to do with each other. One guilty man being found innocent doesn't mean we should no longer find others guilty; one man getting a light sentence doesn't mean we should stop imposing harsh sentences on others.

Why must Vick's atrocities constantly be viewed in comparison to Stallworth's?

Archived