Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Antonio Pierce retires

Redskinzfan30

:ols: forced into early retirement...good luck *******

Just curious because I may be in the dark, but what's with the negative responses about Pierce? All I remember is he had a 'minimal' contract with the Skins, blew up on D filling in for an injured starter, and decided to cash in when he could, and Giants had money to spend we didn't. What am I missing???

Just curious because I may be in the dark, but what's with the negative responses about Pierce? All I remember is he had a 'minimal' contract with the Skins, blew up on D filling in for an injured starter, and decided to cash in when he could, and Giants had money to spend we didn't. What am I missing???

He badmouthed the team ever since he left, he pretty much gave away our playbook to the Giants, and was an all-around *******

He badmouthed the team ever since he left, he pretty much gave away our playbook to the Giants, and was an all-around *******

Actually I'm pretty sure it was Lavar who supposedly had a Redskins playbook with him when he went to the Giants not Antonio.

Actually I'm pretty sure it was Lavar who supposedly had a Redskins playbook with him when he went to the Giants not Antonio.

when we played the Giants the first year, he would get up to the line of scrimmage and listen to what Brunell would call and then he would bark out the orders to the defense...he knew what plays we were calling and what the protection schemes were.

he also informed the offense about the weaknesses of our D - Tiki Barber had career days.

I think you are right about Lavar, I'm pretty sure he had the actual playbook with him -

But in between his attempts to stay above the fray, Arrington got in his digs -- at Lindsey, at Springs, at Gibbs, at the Redskins in general. He said he even gave a copy of the Redskins' playbook to Giants Coach Tom Coughlin.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/05/AR2006100501218.html

when we played the Giants the first year, he would get up to the line of scrimmage and listen to what Brunell would call and then he would bark out the orders to the defense...he knew what plays we were calling and what the protection schemes were.

he also informed the offense about the weaknesses of our D - Tiki Barber had career days.

I think you are right about Lavar, I'm pretty sure he had the actual playbook with him -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/05/AR2006100501218.html

So if Donovan offered info on the Eagles to the Redskins coaching staff you think they should say no, that wouldn't be right?

Sorry but to me that's a shame on the Redskins for not changing they're calls/audibles/whatever.

I don't blame Pierce for giving the Giants inside info on our calls and protection schemes. That's his job as their MIKE and the Redskins were dumb to not adjust for that. I have a slightly bigger issue with LaVar supposedly handing over a physical copy of the Redskins' playbook but LaVar is a whole different story on his own.

I never liked Pierce because he always had this need to have a chip on his shoulder for something, even if it meant creating it out of nothing. I'm too lazy to look up specific examples right now, but Pierce has been brutal towards the Redskins once he left. Should he maybe have felt a little slighted about not being re-signed? Possibly. But the Skins and Greg Williams also gave him his shot and showed the league what he was capable of to be able to get that payday. It's a bit of a two way street but Pierce decided to hold it all against the Skins and talk trash about them any chance he got.

So if Donovan offered info on the Eagles to the Redskins coaching staff you think they should say no, that wouldn't be right?

Sorry but to me that's a shame on the Redskins for not changing they're calls/audibles/whatever.

I know in certain games we played we used this to our advantage at key times in the game. Using certain calls, alignments to signal a particular play and then totally running something different. At the end of the game we had their heads spinning in confusion as we laughed our way to victory.

And YEah, adding another hater to the media is going to is going to be painful.

I don't blame Pierce for giving the Giants inside info on our calls and protection schemes. That's his job as their MIKE and the Redskins were dumb to not adjust for that. I have a slightly bigger issue with LaVar supposedly handing over a physical copy of the Redskins' playbook but LaVar is a whole different story on his own.

I never liked Pierce because he always had this need to have a chip on his shoulder for something, even if it meant creating it out of nothing. I'm too lazy to look up specific examples right now, but Pierce has been brutal towards the Redskins once he left. Should he maybe have felt a little slighted about not being re-signed? Possibly. But the Skins and Greg Williams also gave him his shot and showed the league what he was capable of to be able to get that payday. It's a bit of a two way street but Pierce decided to hold it all against the Skins and talk trash about them any chance he got.

Good Post. I was going to say something similar to this. The Redskins gave him a shot as an undrafted free agent and we gave him a very fair offer. I don't blame him for taking more money that the Giants offered, but I felt he should have been more mature in regards to the Redskins. Maybe he could have just said to the media, "I took the better deal. I want to thank the Redskins for giving me my first opportunity, but I have to go to the Giants." And left it at that. Instead, he popped off like a punk and acted like an ass.

Also, I agree that the Redskins were stupid in not changing their protection schemes or plays knowing he and Lavar knew the offense.

Archived