Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - O'Halloran: Redskins' 53-Man Roster, Version 1.0

jkypoo

I think Furrey could make the final 53-man roster as he can also play as a DB. Wasn't he a CB when he first entered the NFL, and didn't play a couple of games last year with Cleveland as a CB?

One player who can switch between O and D, and be effective, surely is a luxury.

I'm not so sure what Horton has done to earn a spot in the rotation. He was pretty bad early last season, benched for Doughty, and then IRed.

He regressed, badly, starting at the midway point his rookie year.

On the other hand, Kareem Moore has showed steadily that he has superior coverage skills to our other three safeties. It is no stretch to me that Horton is on the outside looking in at a three man race. I hope he can recapture his early rookie magic, but until I see otherwise, I almost have to believe that Horton was in the right place at the right time for a couple turnovers, and the rest has been an image of a player created on message boards.

Horton had injury problems last year. As for regression, actually the beginning of his rookie year was what was abnormal. He was a hitter in college, didn't get many turnovers.

When I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked that a guy who's only caught 28 balls in two years gets cut. Malcolm Kelly is not the new administration's draft pick, so why would I assume they have some tie or particular affinity for him whatsoever. And with so much competition in camp at WR, I'd be shocked even less.

Archived