Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Battery: The transformation from Snyderatto to Shanallan

Farbod21

Devil's advocate:

Any youth movement we had going on, is pretty much over.

We were 4-12 last year. To expect a "worst to first" season this year is too optimistic.

The "win now" moves don't bode well. If Shanny can make it work like Gibbs II did, a playoff shot every other year, OK. But I'm seeing too many late twenties-early thirties signings, for a team that was in the NFCE cellar last year.

I keep hearing this, everyone wants a team made up of 22 year olds... Look at the KC's youth movement in the past 3 years... THEY SUCK!!! You have to have the right mix, some young and some older/veterans and I personally like the moves and how Shanny is going about building this team.

I keep hearing this, everyone wants a team made up of 22 year olds... Look at the KC's youth movement in the past 3 years... THEY SUCK!!! You have to have the right mix, some young and some older/veterans and I personally like the moves and how Shanny is going about building this team.
That's the price you pay sometimes. They'll be able to sign people long term, build up their roster with guys that can stay awhile because they're young. Rather than be like us hoping our guys are still good in their early/mid 30's.

I wouldn't mind a mix like you say. It just would be nice if we start signing more guys that we won't have to be trying to replace in a couple years.

We're an attractive proposition to players who want to win, and we haven't played a game yet. When we do play games we're gonna out coach a lot of the teams we play. With a bit of luck here and there we could have a good season.

That being said it could be argued every move made so far is a long term one. We now have the right culture, minus Haynesworth, to bring young players in to. It's cost us a couple of picks but then again we replaced one a year later with a guy we weren't keeping. Bringing back the old players is icing on the cake. Now our young guys are gonna be hearing from SB winning former players as well as the 'paid to talk' ones. Much easier to make the transformation from talented college player to NFL starter if you're team is good and knows how to win.

Whether we achieve it or not the aim is to win every year. Every guy we bring in will have that as his benchmark. As long as we don't do this so often next off season and going forward.....

We have still got our first and second which with good scouting is two day one starters plus a larger than usual FA class so no need to worry IMO. Good now, better in the future.

EDIT:

That's the price you pay sometimes. They'll be able to sign people long term, build up their roster with guys that can stay awhile because they're young. Rather than be like us hoping our guys are still good in their early/mid 30's.

I wouldn't mind a mix like you say. It just would be nice if we start signing more guys that we won't have to be trying to replace in a couple years.

Most of the older guys we signed are cuttable the instant we find young guys good enough to replace them. They only precede the younger guys not preclude them. This is a thread about the different FOs of before and the current regime ;)

That being said it is true we get giddy every year and we're convinced etc etc :ols:

Just like Mcnabb has [struggled] with the iggles.

I'd like to know why some of you all think McNabb has STRUGGLED in the playoffs.

Last I checked, he took them to 5 (that's FIVE) NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl.

The last time the REDSKINS got to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl was 1991 season when we won the Super Bowl. Yeah, that's 19 years ago.

If a QB struggles by taking the team to 5 Conference Championships, I'll take that struggling QB over the "great" Jason Campbell, Mark Brunell, or any of the others on the long list of crappy Redskins QBs.

I love the fact that we're bringing in guys that can play at the top of their game for another 2-5 yrs. Our FO has progressed beyond the overpaying over-the-hill guys to overpaying guys still in their prime.

The draft picks we're giving up are much more reasonable too. From the Portis trade to the Duckett and Jason Taylor trades, we've been getting fleeced. Now we're picking guys up when we want them instead of panicking, the picks we're giving up are not too high, and we're getting guys that should fit our systems... much better.

I just hope it all pans out... my gut says yes, but a lot of things will have to come together.

Archived