Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ap/Don't pay dead people

twa

A effort that should get bi-partisan support

Obama to agencies: Don't pay dead people

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100618/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_do_not_pay_1

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration is setting up a "do not pay" list in hopes of stopping government checks sent to those who shouldn't get them, such as contractors who are in jail — and even dead people.

Vice President Joe Biden was to announce the list Friday as part of an effort to cut down on waste and fraud.

The "do not pay" list is meant to keep benefit checks, grants and contract money from going to people who don't qualify. For example, it targets companies that have been barred from government projects.

Other efforts include a new online fraud-detection tool to keep tabs on the administration's stimulus plan. In a new pilot program, it'll be used by the agency that runs Medicare and Medicaid.

Until you hear about some horror story by somebody that the government has declared dead accidently that can't get some sort of necessary service or something or the other because the government thinks they are dead.

Then everybody will be running around yelling about how come they can't just do X, while the person collects the necessary paper work (which will require a few weeks for some other government to send them because they will likley won't have their birth certificate or something else) to get the government to realize they are actually alive because obviously the person is actually live.

Time to start the countdown to the "I was unfairly placed on the Do Not Pay list due to a clerical error, and now my life is ruined" sob story on CNN.

Beat to me the same idea by one post.

You know it will happen, and then people will run around talking about how inconsiderate/inflexibile the government is.

Time to start the countdown to the "I was unfairly placed on the Do Not Pay list due to a clerical error, and now my life is ruined" sob story on CNN.

Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too.

Hope it's not being run by the people who do the "Do Not Fly" list.

Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too.

Hope it's not being run by the people who do the "Do Not Fly" list.

It didn't take me toooo long to convince them my kid's weren't terrorists.

Surely being alive would be easier:ols:

Archived