Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OTA Tweets - 06/10/2010

tml6157

Wow I didn't even hear...

He obviously feels betrayed by the Redskins, is unhappy with his role in the new defense and demands a trade!!!! :maniac:

He doesn't want to play NT and OLB in the 3-4. Also angered that Shanahan won't give him a try out at RB.

Are Devin Thomas, and Malcom Kelley still on the team?

Yes they are.

Being MIA on someone's tweets means little.

Keep in mind there is like a dozen WRs at the park (that doesn't even include the TEs).

By CBA rules, they can only work out a very limited time (the Ravens just lost a whole week of OTA workouts, in penalty, for going over their time), so there is only so many reps to go around.

Most likely, the coaches are concetrating on the new, young guys, as well as the newly brought in, older veterans, to see which ones they want to take into camp with them to compete with our established WRs.

I doubt they take all those WRs they have now into training camp.

Me neither. I was shocked by that. ES is going to blow up once people read this, I think its been assumed that he was there all this time.

I have very few gripes with this current administration, but this does leave me a little confused about how we can continue to hear "99% participation" comments.

Aren't there fewer than 100 total people on the roster right now? I know it's nitpicky, but it comes off as a lie. It's just as easy to say "97%" or "we're only missing 3 guys" or something like that.

I have very few gripes with this current administration, but this does leave me a little confused about how we can continue to hear "99% participation" comments.

Aren't there fewer than 100 total people on the roster right now? I know it's nitpicky, but it comes off as a lie. It's just as easy to say "97%" or "we're only missing 3 guys" or something like that.

I agree with you here. Although, Shanahan has had no problems letting it be known he was disappointed in AH not being here...so I'm wondering if the whole "99% participation" really is talking about everyone except those who are excused for some reason?

Idk, I find it hard to believe that Landry could have been excused for the last 3 weeks. Bogus. Maybe it was a typo that is being misinterpreted from that article?

I sure hope so. I liked the newly dedicated Laron that was talking about being a leader a month or two ago.

I agree with you here. Although, Shanahan has had no problems letting it be known he was disappointed in AH not being here...so I'm wondering if the whole "99% participation" really is talking about everyone except those who are excused for some reason?

Idk, I find it hard to believe that Landry could have been excused for the last 3 weeks. Bogus. Maybe it was a typo that is being misinterpreted from that article?

I sure hope so. I liked the newly dedicated Laron that was talking about being a leader a month or two ago.

Yeah, I know I'm being picky...it just comes off as disingenuous to me. Like you said, maybe there is an explanation.

Overall though, the point remains that we've had fantastic participation for these voluntary workouts. So I don't want to rain on that parade!

Me neither. I was shocked by that. ES is going to blow up once people read this, I think its been assumed that he was there all this time.

I wonder if that "3 weeks" is a misprint?

Considering how fast news travels here, it seems like we would've heard about Landry's absence by now.

According to this blog:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/shanahan-redskins-wrap-up-otas.html#more

Shanahan said Portis' absence was excused. He knew about it in advance.

I went back and looked and the only thing I found was a tweet from 5/26 that said Landry had an excused absence that day.

Hmmm...that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as tons of players don't get mentioned in tweets...but most of the DB's seem to have been mentioned other than him over that span....

Hmmm...that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as tons of players don't get mentioned in tweets...but most of the DB's seem to have been mentioned other than him over that span....

True. I'm just wondering if he asked to be excused that day, then just never came back. :ols:

True. I'm just wondering if he asked to be excused that day, then just never came back. :ols:

:ols:

But really, has the media been so focused on AH (a non-issue in my eyes at this point) that they've totally ignored something of equal, if not more, importance? I find that hard to believe.

:ols:

But really, has the media been so focused on AH (a non-issue in my eyes at this point) that they've totally ignored something of equal, if not more, importance? I find that hard to believe.

I know

Since Landry asked for (and got) an excused absence for a day (5/26) just 2 weeks ago, this whole "he's been missing for 3 weeks" just doesn't seem right.

Does he have any trade value?

I'm sure he does.

However, you may have misunderstood my post.

I wasn't saying that it was wrong for him to miss the last 3 weeks.

I was saying the IDEA that he has been missing for the last 3 weeks doesn't seem right, since he was around 2 weeks ago as we know.

Yes they are.

Being MIA on someone's tweets means little.

Keep in mind there is like a dozen WRs at the park (that doesn't even include the TEs).

By CBA rules, they can only work out a very limited time (the Ravens just lost a whole week of OTA workouts, in penalty, for going over their time), so there is only so many reps to go around.

Most likely, the coaches are concetrating on the new, young guys, as well as the newly brought in, older veterans, to see which ones they want to take into camp with them to compete with our established WRs.

I doubt they take all those WRs they have now into training camp.

Now for the real explanation.....

Thomas is injured with a hamstring and will not be participating until fully healthy. Basically why no one has heard anything recently or at all.

Kelly on the other hand has no excuse. So assume he's not doing well and thats why the team keeps bringing in other WR's. ;)

Just trying to keep it real. Maybe now people will see that there is more to the Redskins Insider story then some writer making crap up.

Yeah Fat Albert doesn't show up and he's a problem child. Other players refusing to show up for their camps and want better contracts and they are just players seeking whats due them. How on earth the media let Landry not being at camp for 3 weeks slip by them is beyond me.

I had noticed it but kinda ignored it thinking the coaching staff must have let him have time off or he was injured and we didn't know it.

Yeah Fat Albert doesn't show up and he's a problem child. Other players refusing to show up for their camps and want better contracts and they are just players seeking whats due them. How on earth the media let Landry not being at camp for 3 weeks slip by them is beyond me.

I had noticed it but kinda ignored it thinking the coaching staff must have let him have time off or he was injured and we didn't know it.

Because he hasn't missed three weeks is why I ignored it.

Archived