Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxsports.com: Patrick Ramsey returning home, set to sign with Saints to backup Drew Brees

GhostofSparta

Patrick Ramsey returning home, set to sign with Saints to backup Drew Brees

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/06/09/10/Patrick-Ramsey-returning-home-set-to-sig/landing.html?blockID=250237&feedID=3742

The Superdome will be hosting another native son this season. Former Tulane quarterback Patrick Ramsey appears set to sign with the New Orleans Saints as indicated in reports. Saints beat writer Brian Allee-Walsh of NewOrleans.com reports the Saints, recently without a veteran backup for Drew Brees, have been searching for a seasoned second-stringer since losing Mark Brunell this offseason.

In New Orleans, the climb will be a bit steeper. Ramsey’s slated to suit up in time for training camp as the fourth quarterback on the depth chart behind 2010 seventh-round pick Sean Canfield, sophomore Chase Daniel, and of course Brees. And for now, it’s worth mentioning that former Duke basketball guard and Syracuse passer Greg Paulus hasn’t yet been cut.

:ols: Man, the Saints sure do love collecting former Redskins' QBs, don't they?

When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised to see #2 on the depth chart. He has way more experience then the others combined.

I totally agree. How many teams have a guy at #2 who has never started a game before? This is reason enough to keep Chase at #3.

Three ex-Skins QBs signed by the Saints over the last few years lol :ols:...wow. I guess Colt knows he has a home if we ever cut him.

We'll take him, too!

Redskins have been making some moves this off-season, people are starting to get jazzed up for the 2010 season. Good luck to ya'll.

Archived