Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1983 championship game Skins vrs 49ers

WHALEN

This was a great game! The 49ers rode the backs of our receivers all day long and only got called for 1 interference call, and they cried for years about it. 4 missed field goals by Mosely, a TD called back on ST, this game should have been a blow out. The 83 Redskins were one of the best teams to ever play the game.

Apparently the second half of that game was a harbinger of things to come in the following game, which still ranks up there as probably the biggest sports-fan-related disappointments of my life.

Big time +1 on that!

3+ hours of my chin and side of face in my hand.

We were animals against the run that year, but couldn't stop teams who had decent passing games, one of the biggest memories I have from that season was every pass play Anthony Washington was chasing his receiver because he was just horrible in coverage, he should have been nicknamed the original toast, D. Green was in his rookie year and still learning how to play CB in the NFL, and our safeties were not good cover guys, luckily our front 4 could stop just about any running attack which helped to aid in extra help in the secondary, but it was more like a band aid on a shark bite. I had the worst feeling about the SB against the Raiders, Branch was so fast I didn't see anyway we would be able to cover him, and we didn't. LOL

As for the 49ers whining, Randy Cross still hasn't stopped crying, as you saw in that video how on 3rd and 20 JT throws a beauty to Monk 50 yds downfield only to have Monk tackled by Collier before the ball got near him, yet even after the game no one was really bringing that up, if you had the opportunity to actually watch the game live that was such a huge no call in that game, we were about to seize momentum back from the 9ers and the ref absolutly blew it, but all you heard was the INT against Monk on the final drive, a ball they insist was uncatchable even though it landed just over Monks head and a yard out of bounds as Monk was hitting the deck. The 49ers have no gripe they received as many favorable calls as we did, they just didn't capitalize on them like we did!

Does anyone have a link or access to the the playoff loss to the 49ers from 1992 I believe, it was the season after the Skins won the superbowl.

I remember the Redskins looked ok against the 49ers, but I also remember someone let an easy INT go right their hands in the endzone which resulted in a 49ers TD.

Does anyone have a link or access to the the playoff loss to the 49ers from 1992 I believe, it was the season after the Skins won the superbowl.

I remember the Redskins looked ok against the 49ers, but I also remember someone let an easy INT go right their hands in the endzone which resulted in a 49ers TD.

We looked pretty good. We battled back and were only down by 4 and driving in 49ers territory late in the game when a Rypien/Mitchell hand-off was muffed. The 49ers recovered and kicked a FG to put them up 7.

I don't specifically remember a play where we dropped an INT that resulted in a TD, but it wouldn't surprise me. That game was a great last effort for a dying champion (both for the 1992 season and for the preceding decade).

I have that game on vhs..... I think we lost 28-10 or 20-10. I don't remember.

It won't play outside the US damn it!

I want my all singing, all dancing technicolor memory! *Has LaVar/ CP style hissy fit :censored::blahblah::cry:

Hail.

Here you go bro,This is better the whole game in 19 parts....

1b8IbaOFxl8

fjvQBAhRWM4

dbnInN-w6RM

0XAyvTeeh5k

Anytime Mate. Cheers. :cheers:

Great stuff but be careful about exposing the fact that this game is on YouTube.

I had several games and other highlights on YouTube and as soon as links started popping up on this site, they got shutdown. Remember this is the official site of the Redskins. You never know who will see this and we all know how punchy this organization is when it comes to copyright stuff.

It's a good rule of thumb to not expose the fact that these things are still on YouTube. Otherwise you'll likely lose them in short order.

All that said, great stuff and it's always better to see the actual game rather than the NFL Films carefully crafted mythmaking stuff.

We should paint the end zones at FedEx with gold like they used to at RFK. It looks cool.

Actually, that is the only game I recall the end zone being painted gold at RFK.

Take a look at all the other games you've seen at RFK and there was either nothing in the end zone or just "Redskins" in the end zone, along with the helmet.

I believe the first year "Redskins" were painted in the end zone was during the '82 season. Was it in the end zone for the entire season or once the playoffs started?

Nevertheless, I'd like to see the end zones painted gold like it was on the day we played the 'Niners (in the NFC Championship game) back during the '83-'84 season.

Apparently the second half of that game was a harbinger of things to come in the following game, which still ranks up there as probably the biggest sports-fan-related disappointments of my life.

The Clint Longley Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas beats that by a mile, believe me!

Archived