Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com | D.C. native Westbrook says he would 'love to be a part' of Redskins

kevinklein

If only three teams are interested in Westbrook, that means 29 others never bothered to inquire about his services. The guy can still play. Washington would be the best place for Westbrook. He's played with McNabb, his brother plays for the Redskins, and Mike Shanahan wants him. For whatever reason, his signing is taking longer than it should.

Bruce come off the pocket book and get him here.

If only three teams are interested in Westbrook, that means 29 others never bothered to inquire about his services. The guy can still play. Washington would be the best place for Westbrook. He's played with McNabb, his brother plays for the Redskins, and Mike Shanahan wants him. For whatever reason, his signing is taking longer than it should.

Parker has speed though.

QUOTE=jimster;7557563]I wouldn't be surprised if Parker is released and Westbrook is signed, pending a passed physical.

Westbrook is a great 3rd down back, but he needs to stay healthy.

Westbrook brings significant risk if we were to sign him. I'm sure the Eagles would have loved to have kept him but the bottom line was that he couldn't be counted on to stay healthy. How much do you offer to a veteran RB who may play one game or may play 10?

Asking for 16 or more would be extremely unlikely.

I'm guessing that the Skins offered an incentive laden contract that Westbrook may not be crazy about. That, and he may want to know exactly how he'll be used which may not be clear yet in DC. If he holds out, another team may suffer an injury at RB and he becomes more valuable with an expanded role.

One thing is certain, he has a history of knee injuries and concussions in addition to having a lot of talent and experience. There should be a sign on his back that says "sign at your own risk."

yah, half a century ago when he was a rookie...

none of our old bust ass backs have any speed. they are mac trucks that have broken down and been patched up very poorly

Very poorly? Patched up? LJ and CP are both fully healthy and healed. Sometimes, I think you just like to hear yourself talk in an authoritative tone. LJ, in particular, has way less carries then CP. Parker, I'm not so sure about, but that 3rd spot is probably where the real RB competition is anyways, between him, Torrain, Kieland Williams, and possibly WB in the future.

I heard something that his agent was on vacation last week which "delayed" a signing or decision. I did a search and this came up, which was posted today. (Nothing about agent)

Brian Westbrook Decision Coming Soon — Rams, Redskins or Broncos

Former Philadelphia Eagles running back Brian Westbrook is still without a home in the NFL and training camps will be opening their doors soon.

Last week it was reported that Westbrook was going to make a decision. That didn’t happen. Now, there are more rumblings that a decision is imminent.

The 30-year-old back is expected to make his decision soon according to Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network.

There are three teams believed to be in the running — the St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos.

While he could be a good fit in St. Louis playing behind Steven Jackson, don’t discount the Broncos who already have a pair of former Eagles in their backfield in Correll Buckhalter and Brian Dawkins.

We maintain that the Redskins are likely the third choice in the scenario due to their already crowed veteran backfield.

Remember the Broncos playing RB by committee and doing quite well.

yah, half a century ago when he was a rookie...

none of our old bust ass backs have any speed. they are mac trucks that have broken down and been patched up very poorly

I would like to see papers from Denver and St. Louis to see if he said the same thing. Also, for the payday I would tell any company I really want to be there. Wouldn't you ?

He's from the Washington area and his brother plays here so I believe it

Archived