Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com | D.C. native Westbrook says he would 'love to be a part' of Redskins

kevinklein

Sense we need lbs and A Pierce is available why not ?I mean i am not sure how much has lost but he's very smart and as an inside or outside backer he could be very helpful.As well as special teams help.Anyone have more info on Pierce?Now maybe he's too bitter to come back here i don't know.The Skins tried to low ball him at first but the did offer him a contract that was either the same amount or more than the Giants and more front end loaded but he left.but as far as Westbrook bring him in and lets take alook.A third down back and a change of pace back maybe he could work out.Problem for him is his head and how much he needs.You know what ever it is that Allen will set it up to get him all he wants but through incentives.No freebie here,he must stay healthy on the field and earn it.so bring him in.we also need some oline help.Because if Williams struggles the offense will struggle,the need at least 1 more experinced tackle.I say talk to the Saints about J Brown and see what they want and if it can be done.Bercause if williams battles Brown and wins then Brown goes to the Right side.Otherwise its reveres,Williams goes to the right side and Brown goes left.But i am very concerned about the tackle position right now.imho.

Pierce has a neck injury that needs surgery to play. He says he really doesn't want to get the surgery so there is a good chance he retires.

I don't really have any interest in Jamaal Brown. He would probably be the best OT on our team but we would be foolish to be paying top 5 draft money to Williams and then Pro Bowl LT money to Brown at the same time. Only one can play that spot and both are going to want LT money.

I haven't watched a lot of Jamaal Brown personally but I'm not overly impressed with him. Since he didn't play much in 2009 I'll use his 08 stats for comparison.

In just under 800 snaps Chris Samuels gave up 5 sacks, 4 hits, and 19 pressures. In just over 900 snaps Brown only gave up 4 sacks, but 15 hits and 27 pressures. Career wise that isn't a great season from Chris Samuels, but that was Brown's Pro Bowl year.

For other comparison Joe Thomas went 6/8/10 in 990 snaps, D'Brick went 5/3/15 in 1055.

I just don't see Brown as a truly elite LT. He's putting up pretty good numbers blocking for a QB with one of the quickest releases in the league. He's a good player and would make our team better but I don't think the compensation financially or otherwise would be worth it.

Westy is a much better fit than Parker, has chemistry with mcnabb, and since he won't be the feature back he won't have the injuries. I def would like that pickup those two were the eagles entire offense during all those championship game runs and we have better tightends than they did and hopefully better WRs.

4 Backs means that one of them is wasting a roster spot. None of them play special teams, and you can't really expect that all four will get significant playing time, barring injury. I'd rather keep three and grab another LB or OL.

Carrying four falls in line with Shanahan's MO. He usually goes relatively light on the oline to make room on the roster, too.

Carrying four falls in line with Shanahan's MO. He usually goes relatively light on the oline to make room on the roster, too.

Considering the Redskins' particular case, one might find it sensible to forego that tendency this year.

Considering the Redskins' particular case, one might find it sensible to forego that tendency this year.

That depends on a few things. Namely, whether or not Shanahan can go light on the line because he has guys who can play multiple positions with a good degree of success. We seem to have a lot of those kinds of players already (A. Hicks, T. Williams, M. Williams, E. Williams, K. Lichtensteiger, E. Cook, C. Rinehart, etc.), it's just a matter of how good our depth looks. If we can get one or two standout backups as G/Cs or G/Ts then we probably could afford to go with only 8 or 9 linemen, particularly if we can stash a player or two on the practice squad.

Whatever the case, I'm sure Shanahan will make the right decision.

Hmmm...so Shanahan is still after Westbrook, openly, and is campaigning to bring him here, to his brother. And Westbrook would love to be here. So....where's the problem? Either he wants too much money still, or Shanahan's going waaay out of his way to help Westy find another home.

The fact that no one hasn't signed him at this point is saying something about his health or there's a concern that he's a system back.

A system back going to a new team with his old quarterback...

I think the biggest drawback of his is that he's known as a pass catcher, and not necessarily the best rusher. He's only had two years where he topped 1000 yards. He's 8 years in and has less than 6000 rushing yards. More than a third of his yards are receiving, and he had one year where he had one less receiving yard than rushing (2005: 617 rushing, 616 receiving).

He's dangerous as hell catching out of the backfield, but not a really big threat to run it. He would fit nicely, however, as a third down back.

Sense we need lbs and A Pierce is available why not ?I mean i am not sure how much has lost but he's very smart and as an inside or outside backer he could be very helpful.As well as special teams help.Anyone have more info on Pierce?Now maybe he's too bitter to come back here i don't know.The Skins tried to low ball him at first but the did offer him a contract that was either the same amount or more than the Giants and more front end loaded but he left.but as far as Westbrook bring him in and lets take alook.A third down back and a change of pace back maybe he could work out.Problem for him is his head and how much he needs.You know what ever it is that Allen will set it up to get him all he wants but through incentives.No freebie here,he must stay healthy on the field and earn it.so bring him in.we also need some oline help.Because if Williams struggles the offense will struggle,the need at least 1 more experinced tackle.I say talk to the Saints about J Brown and see what they want and if it can be done.Bercause if williams battles Brown and wins then Brown goes to the Right side.Otherwise its reveres,Williams goes to the right side and Brown goes left.But i am very concerned about the tackle position right now.imho.

i say no thanks to pierce. far as i am concerned he burned his bridges when he left .

no way would i bring him back at this point. he is pretty much wash up.

The fact that no one hasn't signed him at this point is saying something about his health or there's a concern that he's a system back.

The reason he hasn't signed yet is his own choice. He has 3 offers on the table. He has decided to take his time with his decision.

Sign Westbrook and let CP go...tired of his drama and ghetto talk....not PC but its the truth...

Definitely not PC.

If this is really how you feel, we should probably just cut half the team then. Or half the league. Not everybody has diction like Horton or Larry Fitzgerald.

Definitely not PC.

At the same time, if this is really how you feel, we should probably just cut half the team then. Or half the league. Not everybody has diction like Horton or Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't give a **** if my players are smart.

I want them to stay out of trouble and play well, but not everyone can be Myron Rolle.

Archived