Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS Release: REDSKINS SIGN REED DOUGHTY

Mark The Homer

He's a smart, hardnosed player...I must admit, when Horton took his job a couple of years back, i thought he was done. But last year he redeemed himself from his injury and ended up being one of a few bright spots on the team. Looking forward to good things from him this year.

Pretty much sums it up for me...Reed has earned my appreciation and respect not that he needed it. I used to think the guy was very average and i didn't get the hype for him but he's a good guy and a solid player. Glad he's a Skin.

I don't know about Reed Doughty. Didn't like him ever since TO lit him up for 4 TDs.

its a good thing that our coaching staff arent looking at our players first starts of their pro careers when making judgments about them. (all 4 werent on him btw. just looked at it on youtube)

Laron Landry stats are horrible, but he is playing the wrong position. Doughty don't have an excuse. We need someone better back there.

it was posted just today, i believe, that doughty was the 7th best tackler among DB's, which is a huge part of what he's supposed to do as a SS. PFF has him ranked the 7th best safety in the league, judging every play this past season he made.

not sure what youre not happy about with him.

Do Rogers and McIntosh have to play for 110% of last year's salary to be truly free next year?

He's our best safety. Why do I get the feeling we won't put much effort into resigning him when he's an unrestricted free agent next year?.

it was posted just today, i believe, that doughty was the 7th best tackler among DB's, which is a huge part of what he's supposed to do as a SS. PFF has him ranked the 7th best safety in the league, judging every play this past season he made.

7th best at wrapping up, says nothing about his ability in coverage (or lack thereof) his ability to read the offense, make plays, etc

Yeah, he's good at wrapping up, an important part of any defensive players responsibilities, but he definitely isn't the 7th best safety in the league.

He's good for what he is -- a spot starter.

7th best at wrapping up, says nothing about his ability in coverage (or lack thereof) his ability to read the offense, make plays, etc

He's good at reading offenses and getting into position to make plays. He was upper half in the league for DBs for tackles for loss, if not higher. His coverage skills might be less than stellar, but that's why there is such a thing called package substitution. You bring Reed in for the rushing downs and put him on a TE or RB for coverage duties, but have him get in the backfield and make plays there.

Yeah, he's good at wrapping up, an important part of any defensive players responsibilities, but he definitely isn't the 7th best safety in the league.

He's good for what he is -- a spot starter.

hes the 7th best tackler among DB's. PFF has him as the 7th best safety. and you have him as a spot starter.

honestly, maybe his problem is that he's not sean taylor. i just dont know what you want out of your SS. 'making plays' and highlight reels is something that i would imagine a FS would do more than a SS. reed does exactly what a SS is supposed to do. the problem is we dont have a FS.

Archived