Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Journal: Non PED-Related Observations and Notes from Redskins' OTA

Conn

i know we drafted Capers late, but its hard to expect anything from a 6th round pick

A 6th round pick who was projected as a 3rd rounder who most likely will take over the starting position by week 10. Capers is more capable than people give him credit for.

I still feel like if any of our starting OL gets injured we are doomed.

-I dunno, I think with E Will and Rhino, we could get away with any injuries to the interior of our line. If a tackle gets injured that might be another story, but who knows maybe Capers gets thrown into the fire and comes out alright. I certainly would rather see him given a chance than to watch Heyer play tackle.

Heyer is looking like a lost cause. I'm interested in how Hicks is looking since he would likely be the other option at RT.
Sounds like the guy is getting owned by everyone who lines up against him. I hope he can adjust soon, or someone else steps up and does it for him.

Rich Campbell is one of the few remaining journalists whose work I enjoy reading. Thanks for posting this. :)

It's going to be real exciting times once preseason arrives with all the competition at WR/RB/S/Dline/Oline/LB and even maybe back up QB going on.

I totally agree about RC. I've been very impressed with his work. Very nice to have some substance outside of the 'scandal'.

-I dunno, I think with E Will and Rhino, we could get away with any injuries to the interior of our line. If a tackle gets injured that might be another story, but who knows maybe Capers gets thrown into the fire and comes out alright. I certainly would rather see him given a chance than to watch Heyer play tackle.

He'll do more than just come out alright. He'll be the starter definitely next year (2011), hopefully no later than week 10.

He'll do more than just come out alright. He'll be the starter definitely next year (2011), hopefully no later than week 10.

Its definitely something to hope for. Not to mention the fact that acquiring our two bookend tackles in this one draft would make it the best in recent memory, especially if Riley and any late rounders pan out in any way.

On the thread in general, I'm glad that some actual football talk is appreciated. Its great to be able to discuss some actual football action, even if it is only matchups in shorts and helmets. Its still football in a long offseason that has more drama than substance. Can't wait for the next mini-camp! Especially in regards to DT and MK.

Actually, this kind of makes me want to research and find some old articles about Brandon Marshall the offseason before he blew up, specifically Shanahan quotes, to compare...

Other than the fact that he might be the smallest player in the NFL if he makes the roster? Nope.

Seriously. In the above video, he looked like a kid that had borrowed his Dad's helmet. He did look fast, but he had better at that sized. That being said, we need a dynamic returner. I think there is a roster spot available for a dynamic punt returner who is also active on our special teams coverage units.

Seriously. In the above video, he looked like a kid that had borrowed his Dad's helmet. He did look fast, but he had better at that sized. That being said, we need a dynamic returner. I think there is a roster spot available for a dynamic punt returner who is also active on our special teams coverage units.

I had hoped Dominique Dorsey would be this guy last year, and once again I find myself hoping for a small guy with shifty speed to contribute in the ways you discuss. Come on, Banks!

Archived