Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huge turnover = Playoffs?

KevinthePRF

Id say so just as long as the o-line holds up (man Im tired of that being a main focal point every year). With time Mcnabb demands that you respect the middle to deep passing game which opens up the run. Portis has had success in this running game already and you gotta think Parker or LJ can spell him. I'd keep all three and maybe even through in westbrook. I'd be shocked if this team is held to under 20 points more than a couple times. I just hope with the offense rolling our defense can perform the way they have been but with the extra rest can make that stop and the end of the game they seem to allow way too much recently. Obviously I have high hopes once again and just pray im not crushed by the end of December wondering how it all went wrong.

I was gona' write a piece on the sweeping changes right through the organization that have made us a league wide, respectable, professional outfit again before a ball's even been kicked off, as opposed to the laugh a minute comedy show we've just come out of. But you know it all already, and I'm in a rush this am.

So let's just say it's freaking fantastic to feel serious optimism about my team going forward again I've not felt since the great man came back for his second go around. *Whispers it quietly to save face with all those misguided fools who labelled him a "hater" through the ES QB wars; "I'ma seriously thinking we'll be battling it out with the 'Girls for post season play a-top the East."

It's GREAT to have our Redskins back. :D.

Hail.

I hope we take it all, but realistically, I'm thinking 7-9 would be nice. 8-8 would be phenomenal.

Lowered_Expectations.jpg

I think 8-8 would be good, and in my opinion is about the best we can expect this year, but it wouldn't be phenomenal. Phenomenal would be 10-6 (sorry Om, had to do it :) ).

Has anyone looked at the schedule? For a 4 win team a year ago this is pretty brutal. Let us be happy with 8 & 8 (double of last season) and all wet over anything more. Most of these teams were either in the playoffs or they beat the 'Skins last year. They barely won over exactly one team from last year (TB 16-13) that they face this year. It is all new guys and stuff but...

...Colts, Packers, Titans, Vikes...Oh my...plus the division? A team that won exactly zero divisional games last season? Hey, I am pulling for a 16 & 0 every week but a little dose of reality will help this from becoming another flame board this year.

I'm happy with 8-8, but believe it could even be better.

Honestly, several of the close games could have fallen our way last year out of sheer luck, or some minor adjustments, or just pure determination. The team just didn't have a soul. I don't think they believed in themselves, and they didn't have a spark.

If the competition in the NFC East weren't quite so tough, our odds would be much better this year, but I believe it's possible to get our MOJO back under McNabb. It's either going to gel, and we'll know it, or we're going to continue to struggle with mediocrity.

Honestly, even if we don't get the win, I'd like to see some fire every once in a while. Like the team is putting it out there.

subversively this year ain't the same as all the years past, since the underlying groundwork of the Redskins has changed dramatically. Despite that fact it's still a "wait and see before getting super excited" kind of deal with me. I'd be happy with a 9-7 record.

Also, you didn't spell it right, it's "Paloffs" darnit!

Archived