Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Club Level access

Bobby S

Was wondering is there any way to access these areas of the Stadium without having Premium/Club Level Seats? I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination and scraped to hold on to my season tickets but I would like to see these areas as they boast food courts, Hooters and other sport clubs and restaurants. I know you pay for drinks and food like any other area of the stadium so why not let regular fans in? We would spend. Maybe a reasonably priced wristband could be purchased to keep numbers down. I am sure it could somehow work. It kinda gets tiring having Johnny Rockets and generic stadium food all the time. :cool:

Don't know if this will help you or not but Tailgate Club wristbands get you into the club level AFTER the game. UNFORTUNATELY, (since I sell mine most of the time), you can usually get them fairly reasonably in the aftermarket.

IMHO - The club is already WAY to crowded during the game. Not sure it would be a good idea to let even more people up there. Also, it would not be fair to the club level ticket holders considering how much those fans pay for those seats. They pay a premium for those seats and deserve the best possible experience.

FUll disclosure - I have club level seats to the Nationals, the seats are not that expensive ($55 per ticket) but one of the many reasons I love it is that you can normally find a comfy place to sit and eat or find a place to sit at one of the bars inside the club. If it were as crowded as the SKins games get, I know I would not be happy about it.

I think part of the reason the Club level is called the CLUB level is exclusivity. Otherwise, what's the point?

There is something called Club Level passes, but they can only be purchased by premium seat holders. However, if you can get your hands on one, you can get into the club with any generic game ticket.

IMO, the easiest way to get access to the Club is to buy club tickets on the aftermarket the week before the game.

Was wondering is there any way to access these areas of the Stadium without having Premium/Club Level Seats? I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination and scraped to hold on to my season tickets but I would like to see these areas as they boast food courts, Hooters and other sport clubs and restaurants. I know you pay for drinks and food like any other area of the stadium so why not let regular fans in? We would spend. Maybe a reasonably priced wristband could be purchased to keep numbers down. I am sure it could somehow work. It kinda gets tiring having Johnny Rockets and generic stadium food all the time. :cool:

Are you kidding?!

The club section - the WORST club section I've been to in the NFL - is far too crowded already. Letting in every single schmoe would make it unbearable.

You really aren't missing that much anyway, the food isn't any better and you'll never find a leather chair when you want one due to the 30,000 people or so that are always there. The only thing that's really nice about it is in the winter, you can go in and warm up.

I do know a foolproof way to sneak into the club but I gotta keep it a secret.

Are you kidding?!

The club section - the WORST club section I've been to in the NFL - is far too crowded already. Letting in every single schmoe would make it unbearable.

You really aren't missing that much anyway, the food isn't any better and you'll never find a leather chair when you want one due to the 30,000 people or so that are always there. The only thing that's really nice about it is in the winter, you can go in and warm up.

I do know a foolproof way to sneak into the club but I gotta keep it a secret.

30,000? exaggerate much? LOL before the removal of the endzone club seats, the club level sat like 7500-8k people, so maybe 10k or so were in the club at any given time max with the club level access passes.

As far as the food goes, its a lot better than the UL or LL concession stands.

And since you seem to hate the club level so much..why do you "sneak" into the club? hmmmmm

30,000? exaggerate much? LOL before the removal of the endzone club seats, the club level sat like 7500-8k people, so maybe 10k or so were in the club at any given time max with the club level access passes.

As far as the food goes, its a lot better than the UL or LL concession stands.

And since you seem to hate the club level so much..why do you "sneak" into the club? hmmmmm

Yes, I exaggerate much. Maybe 30,000 is pushing it. I am NOT exaggerating about it being oppressively crowded for something sold as an "exclusive" club section.

I sneak into it because I can. And because I like the warmth of it during the winter, as previously stated.

Defensive much? Fed Ex is one of the worst stadiums in the league, we all know it. Criticism of this overpriced dump should not be taken personally by Redskins fans or season ticket holders. It is what it is.

If you checked out some other club sections in the NFL, you'd see what I'm talking about. They offer much more "exclusivity" and value for you money. The other club sections I've been to really do feel like an "oasis." The food is MUCH better (when Hooters is the big draw, you know your club section sucks) and they are much quieter, with far more room to stretch out and an actual possibility of snagging a nice leather chair.

Here's the New Orleans Saints club section. Last year. During a SUPER BOWL RUN and a playoff game. Looks a bit comfier than the "Christmas at the Shopping Mall" feeling you get at Fed Ex, no?

This guy is cooking me a made-to-order pasta creole with shrimp (with actual local louisiana shrimp). A little better than garbage from Hooters or the slop BBQ they pitch at Fed Ex.

s1.sized.jpg

Here's the nice, roomy, clean and friendly Club concourse at the Superdome. Notice how it's not a sea of people (most fans of the visiting team) like at Fed Ex?

s3.sized.jpg

Here's one of the large "Clubs", one in each corner of the stadium. Notice how it is an actual CLUB and not just a gigantic hallway with some crappy old leather furniture? Notice how it has actual WALLS and isn't just part of the crowded, loud concourse? Notice how it isn't ridiculously crowded, oppressive, and low rent? Notice how there isn't a cheesy Johnny Rocket's stand inside? Notice how you can actually RELAX inside this club, without thousands of people roaming through, screaming and looking for seats? Notice how there aren't advertisements, food stands, souveneir stand and other crap designed to take as much $$$ as possible out of your pockets every single place you look?

s2.sized.jpg

Defending Fed Ex is pointless. I love the Skins but I sure have come to hate Fed Ex. I can't believe any Redskins fan could come to almost any another NFL Stadium and not wish theirs was more like it.

Levi i never said FedEx was one of the better stadiums in the league, but you obviously hate it, at least we can agree on that. I've been to the superdome, although not the club level, its nice for a older stadium. All i stated was the food in fedex's club was better than the UL or LL, i'm not comparing other stadiums since I havent been to them all.

Levi i never said FedEx was one of the better stadiums in the league, but you obviously hate it, at least we can agree on that. I've been to the superdome, although not the club level, its nice for a older stadium. All i stated was the food in fedex's club was better than the UL or LL, i'm not comparing other stadiums since I havent been to them all.

Fair enough. And Hey I guess you are right. The Chicken wings at Hooters ARE indeed better than the lukewarm burger I got at Johnny Rockets in the Lower Level.

Considering how NEW Fed Ex is, it just feels like such a lost opportunity. And of course it seems even worse in comparison to what we had, a place with real charm RFK.

Snyder's got another 40 years or so to go as the SKins' owner...if he can realize his dream of building a new stadium on the RFK site....and get it right...he'll go a long way (for me) in rehabilitating his image.

FedEx isnt "new", its going on 15 years old :pfft:

And Snyder didnt build it, Jack Kent Cook did. Hell the club level wasnt even enclosed when it was first built and was exposed to the elements, Snyder is the one who did that, he bought the dump when he purchsed the team, all things wrong with fedEx arent his fault LOL . I am in no way defending him, just stating facts.

Fair enough. And Hey I guess you are right. The Chicken wings at Hooters ARE indeed better than the lukewarm burger I got at Johnny Rockets in the Lower Level.

Considering how NEW Fed Ex is, it just feels like such a lost opportunity. And of course it seems even worse in comparison to what we had, a place with real charm RFK.

Snyder's got another 40 years or so to go as the SKins' owner...if he can realize his dream of building a new stadium on the RFK site....and get it right...he'll go a long way (for me) in rehabilitating his image.

if he can realize his dream of building a new stadium on the RFK site....and get it right...<snip>

I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon. Because he'd likely follow the trend and implement PSLs and PSLs mean I'm likely not a STH anymore.

I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon. Because he'd likely follow the trend and implement PSLs and PSLs mean I'm likely not a STH anymore.

You are probably right, but who knows.

The Jets are in a bit of a pickle right now...only 3 months before the first preseason games they have well over 10,000 unsold PSLs and seats on their new stadium. The Giants are sold out.

The Jets are in danger of a blackout next season.

And of course it seems even worse in comparison to what we had, a place with real charm RFK.

There are way to many romanticized memories of RFK. There are only 2 things I miss. The overhang and the team that played there. Nothing like having leaking port-a-potties in the endzone concourse. And believe me in the late 60's it was really no place special.

There are way to many romanticized memories of RFK. There are only 2 things I miss. The overhang and the team that played there. Nothing like having leaking port-a-potties in the endzone concourse. And believe me in the late 60's it was really no place special.

Beating the hell out of the metal partitions between the sections was loud and awesome to hear....

Beating the hell out of the metal partitions between the sections was loud and awesome to hear....

We have metal pull outs at both ends of FedEx Field. The teams just not good enough to get anyone really crazy. And the rare times they do something good, it just floats out of the open stadium. FedEx can be VERY loud though, ask those that went about the Virginia Tech game.

We have metal pull outs at both ends of FedEx Field. The teams just not good enough to get anyone really crazy. And the rare times they do something good, it just floats out of the open stadium. FedEx can be VERY loud though, ask those that went about the Virginia Tech game.

No its just the one endzone i sit in, the opposite side doesnt have retractable seats

And damn I just realized with all the moaning about the stadium in this thread, we hijacked it, so I wont respond to it anymore heh

After the Tampa Bay game last year, I was walking down from the UL and there was a security guard with club level access passes... I gave him 5 bucks for 2 and my buddy and I went in... There was some band that the people on the metro were talking about on the way there.. We met up with them and had a blast...

The club level in Tampa's stadium is absolutely fantastic. The food is similiar to the pics on page 1. Think about the best Sunday brunch restaurant you can find--that is what they serve.

Crab legs, prime cuts......I can't believe people would pay for club level seats at Fed Ex, where Hooter's is supposed to be good food.

Don't fear.....Bruce Allen will fix a lot of that nonsense. This will be a real organization again before too long on many different levels.

Charitable contributions from the players, will be next.

FedEx isnt "new", its going on 15 years old :pfft:

And Snyder didnt build it, Jack Kent Cook did. Hell the club level wasnt even enclosed when it was first built and was exposed to the elements, Snyder is the one who did that, he bought the dump when he purchsed the team, all things wrong with fedEx arent his fault LOL . I am in no way defending him, just stating facts.

Sorry, but some of this is incorrect. Snyder did not enclose the Club level. The Club level was enclosed during the '97-'98 off-season. So we could credit John, but I personally think it was in the long term plans outlined by his father.

Archived