Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Mcnabb will continue charitable efforts in Philly

OsaSkinsFan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/28/mcnabb-will-continue-charitable-efforts-in-philly/

The headline made us wonder whether an e-mail had gotten lost in cyberspace for several weeks, if not months. "McNabb to remain in Philadelphia," it said.

As it turns out, former Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb has announced that his self-named Kids Football Clinic will continue in the Philly area. It's moving to South Jersey, and it'll occur on June 12.

It's unknown whether he'll conduct a similar clinic in his new football home of Washington, D.C.

Good for him and the youth - Maybe he will invite some Washington kids to join them in Jersey?

always one in the group. Well have fun rooting for him to do poorly this season Skins fan.

I argue that true Redskins fans would hold to higher principle. I dislike McSuck QBing our team as much as I would dislike Emmitt running the ball for our team...because Im a true Redskin fan. Any other way, you might as well like whatever team is winning at the moment, because it is no different.

I argue that true Redskins fans would hold to higher principle. I dislike McSuck QBing our team as much as I would dislike Emmitt running the ball for our team...because Im a true Redskin fan. Any other way, you might as well like whatever team is winning at the moment, because it is no different.

One might argue that a "true" Redskin fan would be rooting for his team to succeed, not lambasting them because they signed a player he didn't like.

Are you kidding me? Its absolutely not the same thing and I am pretty sure you know it.

On topic, I think its great that he is continuing his work in Philly. Kudos to him and all other professional athletes who contribute to things that bring a greater good to society.

Businesses, if they want to succeed, hire professionals who have experience in their field and have shown exceptional talent and experienced success. Would it make sense for a business not to hire an applicant because they at one point worked for an opposing business?

Why do we expect owners of football teams to run their business any other way?

McNabb is a vet who has exceptional character, has had great success in the league and is talented at his position. He happened to be forced to start his career in Philadelphia because they drafted him and he was then under contract. I'm sorry for McNabb that he didn't get to finish his career in philly, I'm sure that's what he wanted.

To me, it's not about the players, but the actual team that I hold my dislike for. Sure a couple players here and there stand out, but it's the Cowboys and Eagles I hate, not the players.

I had a distaste in my mouth for a little while after we traded for him, but I will root for him to succeed because that means the Skins are succeeding.

If teams treated their players with the respect the deserve more often, (i.e. the skins letting core players go) then we probably wouldn't have this problem quite so much. Shame on players for looking out for the interest of their family by taking a contract with a team who will pay them the most, when the team they have given their blood and sweat to no longer values them.

Businesses, if they want to succeed, hire professionals who have experience in their field and have shown exceptional talent and experienced success. Would it make sense for a business not to hire an applicant because they at one point worked for an opposing business?

Why do we expect owners of football teams to run their business any other way?

McNabb is a vet who has exceptional character, has had great success in the league and is talented at his position. He happened to be forced to start his career in Philadelphia because they drafted him and he was then under contract. I'm sorry for McNabb that he didn't get to finish his career in philly, I'm sure that's what he wanted.

To me, it's not about the players, but the actual team that I hold my dislike for. Sure a couple players here and there stand out, but it's the Cowboys and Eagles I hate, not the players.

I had a distaste in my mouth for a little while after we traded for him, but I will root for him to succeed because that means the Skins are succeeding.

If teams treated their players with the respect the deserve more often, (i.e. the skins letting core players go) then we probably wouldn't have this problem quite so much. Shame on players for looking out for the interest of their family by taking a contract with a team who will pay them the most, when the team they have given their blood and sweat to no longer values them.

You do make sense. But there is rivalry and in big business, they dont hire cross companies. General Mills and Kelloggs. Pepsi and Coke. I agree the Iggles and Pukes are who you hate, and McPOS was the face of the Iggles, which is why it is disgusting.

Truthfully, I buy into the McNabb is overrated camp which sunconciously affects me. The last 2 games against the Pukes and he sucked so bad...not something we want here. Id rather have had that douche Clausen at 37 because I feel he has a decent chance to lead a team to a SB victory. I have no belief in McNabb--as many other Skins' fans do as well.

You do make sense. But there is rivalry and in big business, they dont hire cross companies. General Mills and Kelloggs. Pepsi and Coke.

Where in the world did you get the idea that companies like this wouldn't hire from their competitors? The only instance in which that is true is when there is a no-complete clause.

A true Redskins fan roots for the Redskins.

Not for or against a particular player. I hate Laron Landry, but I want him to improve and be a great SS for as long as he plays on MY team.

Sorry...being a blind homer isnt being a good fan.

You need to look up the word "homer". An example of a "homer" is a fan that believes his team will do substantially better than they actually will because they're blinded by the love of their team.

You do make sense. But there is rivalry and in big business, they dont hire cross companies. General Mills and Kelloggs. Pepsi and Coke. I agree the Iggles and Pukes are who you hate, and McPOS was the face of the Iggles, which is why it is disgusting.

Truthfully, I buy into the McNabb is overrated camp which sunconciously affects me. The last 2 games against the Pukes and he sucked so bad...not something we want here. Id rather have had that douche Clausen at 37 because I feel he has a decent chance to lead a team to a SB victory. I have no belief in McNabb--as many other Skins' fans do as well.

The first part makes no sense.

The second part is unimportant. I don't like the signing of McNabb either, but I want him to succeed because his success would mean more success for the Redskins overall.

Archived