Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fans of opposing teams, are you worried about the Washington Redskins?

CrypticVillain

You must be because every time I put on some Redskin gear you all start talking. In the off-season it is usually just us NFC East rivals going at it. All of a sudden everybody is taking shots at us. I know I am not the only fan noticing this. I can't be. I was in a clothing store today, and the worker, who was a Vikings fan, asked me was I a Redskin fan.I guess he couldn't tell from my hat. After confirming his thought he said that we are only going to win two more games than last year.

Two wins, TWO WINS!!! Are you kidding me? That kind of pissed me off at first. But when I thought about it, I realized that maybe his blindness of our improvements might be a sever form of fear.

So I will ask again, fans of opposing teams, are you scared of the Washington Redskins?

If not, you should be........

Edit:Change the thread title due to some constant, but agreeable heat from my fellow posters.... :saber:

You must be because every time I put on some Redskin gear you all start talking. In the off-season it is usually just us NFC East rivals going at it. All of a sudden everybody is taking shots at us. I know I am not the only fan noticing this. I can't be. I was in a clothing store today, and the worker, who was a Vikings fan, asked me was I a Redskin fan.I guess he couldn't tell from my hat. After confirming his thought he said that we are only going to when two more games than last year.

Two wins, TWO WINS!!! Are you kidding me? That kind of pissed me off at first. But when I thought about it, I realized that maybe his blindness of our improvements might be a sever form of fear.

So I will ask again, fans of opposing teams, are you scared of the Washington Redskins?

If not, you should be........

Still getting caught up in the off season championships?

Yes, because this team has really given people a reason the past decade or so to be scared of. :rolleyes:
Still getting caught up in the off season championships?

I see where both of you all are coming from. The Dan Snyder era has been pure suckage, I get that. And I am not the one to celebrate"off-season championships", I am and see kind of person.

But I am getting destroyed when I put on anything that has something to do with the Redskins. I am not bragging, people are coming to me. I just want to know why....

I see where both of you all are coming from. The Dan Snyder era has been pure suckage, I get that. And I am not the one to celebrate"off-season championships", I am and see kind of person.

But I am getting destroyed when I put on anything that has something to do with the Redskins. I am not bragging, people are coming to me. I just want to know why....

Because we were one of the worst teams in the league last year? How can you expect fans of other teams to respect the changes we've made this offseason when that's all we ever do during the offseason, to no avail?

The same reason why Raiders and Lions fans get destroyed. Their teams are horrible.

The same reason why Raiders and Lions fans get destroyed. Their teams are horrible.

First of all, I don't see people wearing those types of jerseys around here.

But more importantly, it's hard to deny that this off-season feels a little different than others in the past. I am not saying we are going to win a Super Bowl. We could easily miss the playoffs, the NFC is deep this year. I am just saying I can see why other fans are scared. The Washington Redskins are finally operating like a real NFL franchise.

Because we were one of the worst teams in the league last year? How can you expect fans of other teams to respect the changes we've made this offseason when that's all we ever do during the offseason, to no avail?

But more importantly, it's hard to deny that this off-season feels a little different than others in the past. I am not saying we are going to win a Super Bowl. We could easily miss the playoffs, the NFC is deep this year. I am just saying I can see why other fans are scared. The Washington Redskins are finally operating like a real NFL franchise.

MLS,

I'm not disagreeing with how it feels to US. I'm explaining why its foolish to think that other team's fans are afraid of us. Laughable, even.

I understand, but this is not laughable at all. We improved ourselves in the two most important areas of a football scheme. The coach and the QB. Zorn is my man and all, but you can't deny that he was an awful coach. Is it a coincidence that when Sherm came in and started calling plays that our offense started performing better? Not only did we get rid of him, but we brought in an offensive coordinator who had the number four offense with no running game.

I agree with Mahons though, you have to earn respect. But can somebody give me a reason why the Redskins hasn't earned any respect by the moves they made so far?

I agree with Mahons though, you have to earn respect. But can somebody give me a reason why the Redskins hasn't earned any respect by the moves they made so far?
Because for yet another off-season we made the biggest splash signing McNabb. (30+ yr old vet).

And our next most visible move, we brought in two 30+ year old former stars as running backs.

Hopefully ShanahAllan is making a lot smarter moves than Cerrato and Snyder did. But we have to wait for the regular season to prove that.

I can see why other teams fans would see us as the same-old-same-old. Even with a good-looking draft, I'm not sure myself.

I understand, but this is not laughable at all. We improved ourselves in the two most important areas of a football scheme. The coach and the QB. Zorn is my man and all, but you can't deny that he was an awful coach. Is it a coincidence that when Sherm came in and started calling plays that our offense started performing better? Not only did we get rid of him, but we brought in an offensive coordinator who had the number four offense with no running game.

You obviously don't. I, MYSELF, know why its not laughable to think that we've improved by leaps and bounds. We should be thinking that. It IS, however, laughable to expect fans of other teams to feel the same way.

I can see why other teams fans would see us as the same-old-same-old. Even with a good-looking draft, I'm not sure myself.

You obviously don't. I, MYSELF, know why its not laughable to think that we've improved by leaps and bounds. We should be thinking that. It IS, however, laughable to expect fans of other teams to feel the same way.

The team last year, talent wise, wasn't that bad. It wasn't that good either, but I am going to chalk that up to bad coaching. We improved that.

Quarterback play wasn't that bad. Jason Campbell had his best season last year. But we improved that by bringing in a proven QB who we all know can get it done. So we improved right there.

Then people said our o-line is some trash. So we picked up a mix of vets and rookies to strengthen that. On top of that, when was the last time you saw a bad o-line on a Mike Shanahan coached team.

Is it so far-fetched to believe that teams are worried about the Redskins. I am that crazy to think that a team who has gotten stronger in the areas it were weak in couldn't strike fear in fans of other teams.

The greatest of the Grandmasters do not fear the 2nd, nor the 3rd nor even the tenth rated player in the world. No They fear the unranked player out of nowhere :D Get it? :D

Yeah. The teams people don't care about are the teams that are most slept on........ So I am going to just shut up. :D

As a Giants fan I am always nervous when facing Donovan McNabb. I so wish he was traded out of the division :(

As for the skins in general, I think they addressed 2 of their biggest roster weaknesses this offseason, QB & OL. That said, I think the RBs have question marks (They have 3 with talent, but all 3 of them may be hitting a wall and slowing down), along with question marks on the WR core.

I think the skins will be better than last year, but no I'm not "scared" of them at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Skins play well this year though. I think the skins schedule gives them the potential to put together a good season.

I'm a skins fan and I'm scared of them. I mean how else could I feel after getting my hopes up offseason championship after freaking offseason championship? We've become that team and those fans that just need to STFU about respect and pull the brim of your hat down and take it like a man. Detroit, Cleveland, even the once-ridiculously ****y Raiders fans have eaten a big slice of humble pie. You should too.

Our fans have earned it almost as much as our team. Stop buying into the BS every year and wait for some actual favorable results? Stop screaming for trades and FA pickups like your madden team, and for Christ's sake, stop acting like the rest of the league owes us anything at all.

How many 2fast2furious fans were out shining up their rims when they heard Bruce or Shanny was hired? I was relieved, but not excited? Slightly less embarrassed but not ****y? We took a tackle!? Awesome step in the right direction, not a championship. We traded for McNugget, good move considering the change of offense and coaches tendencies, not an instant playoff berth.

Its not about you.

Suck it up.

long term...most definitly...they now have a GMand a coach......no other way to put it, they have both of those imnportant positions that will make them better........Sucks, but it is totally true.....

short term, yes (but not as much) They cannot address that OLINE and the oline issues with "just" the addition of Trent Williams...he is a stud and a pro bowler to be....but think about it, this Oline even WITH Chris Samuels in his prime was still a bad oline (as a unit) So just the addition of williams its still bad, and factor in a "learning" curve and "growing pains"...this unit should be pretty bad even still....

All that being said, they have A GM in place to address the oline issues, and to go out and get the "eventual" franchise QB.....AND they have a coach, that knows what the heck he is doing....something the skins havent really had in over 10 years minus the couple of years with Gibbs 2.0.....So yers....all this long winded crap i just wrote was my fancy way of saing "YEP"

I would have to say no. I have no doubt the team will be improved. How can it not be with the joke of a coach and QB gone? The skins will suffer this year from the same thing as every team in the division, a very tough schedule. McNabb was the only reason I was confident Dallas would beat Philly last year. That same confidence will now simply transfer to the skins for the same reason. The defense has been very good but if they are truely switching to a 3-4, there will be a learning curve and the D will regress some this year. We saw that in Dallas when Parcells came in. Again, I think they will be improved but no more than 7, maybe 8 wins due to the tough schedule. As long as McNabb is there, I will never be scared of the skins.

Archived