Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have there been any announcements about the longsnapper position?

MKnight82

Ethan Albright is God in a redskins uniform. Do not say anything that can even be remotely construed as an insult about Ethan Albright. He is all that is man' date=' bear, pig, dog, women, child, and seal. He snapped young Falcon from his balloon into the attic in the garage.[/quote']

:ols:

Bravo...

ah.. only on ES could there be a two page thread on our longsnapper... lol, valid question though
Now 3......

I thought it was a worthy conversation topic. I looked online but couldn't find an Albright jersey. Guess they don't make them.

I was going to mention that but it is still the only Albright jersey ever sold.

...well, unless you made a custom one.

Honestly, I think I'm gonna get in touch with Karl Swanson (and maybe a couple other people) to see if we can get a link to this thread sent to Albright. He probably thinks long snapper is just about the most unappreciated position in football, but I know for a fact, having seen threads about him for years, that he was actually greatly appreciated. Not many can remember the last time he screwed up. I sure as hell can't. He's been as much of a "cone stold lead pipe lock" for a perfect snap as has existed in the NFL for the past decade. That's invaluable to an NFL team. We know that from 1999.

If this is the end of his NFL career (and I absolutely hope it isn't), then I raise a glass to Ethan Albright. He's been the best damn long snapper in the league for years, and his efforts will be sorely missed. It'll be a long time before we have someone as consistent as he was.

(And, yes, if he somehow hasn't heard about it already, he should definitely read "his" letter to John Madden. I get the feeling he would take it in stride and laugh his ass off. We all know how important he's been to the team over the years, no matter what some numbers in Madden games say.)

I was going to mention that but it is still the only Albright jersey ever sold.

Actually, when I worked for the Redskins store in Wheaton, they had a game-worn Albright jersey for like $50. I should have bought it, but I didn't. Would have been a hell of a collectors' item. The Red Snapper: worst rated Madden player of all time.

Actually, when I worked for the Redskins store in Wheaton, they had a game-worn Albright jersey for like $50. I should have bought it, but I didn't. Would have been a hell of a collectors' item. The Red Snapper: worst rated Madden player of all time.

Thank-you. :)

I was in Wheaton Plaza and found a white Albright gamer with the GSS patch. I bought it for $50. Then I went to Montgomery Mall and found a burgundy Albright gamer for $50. Bought that for a friend. Then I went to Lakeforest and found a white Albright gamer for $50.

I left it there on the rack.

I'm still kicking myself for that one.

I actually went back to Lakeforest the next day, but it was gone.

Here's the one I got at Wheaton Plaza:

This scenario of throwing out the old player and replacing him with a newer, cheaper option reminds me of the place-kicking fiasco the Ravens had last year. The team thought they shouldn't try to get one or two more years out of Matt Stover, and figured that was the year to final "go young." Five or six weeks later they regretted it but Stover had been "snapped" up by the Colts.

I could see a similar scenario happening here with Albright.

Archived