Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW Draft Grade Skins: B Minus

SkinsNoles21

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmOL9kjhcvtvDPU0FVBXP4o5nYcB?slug=pfw-20100426_draft_helps_nfc_west_get_stronger

Washington Redskins

Under Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen, the Redskins have become much more strategic in their personnel operations and have built the team with more precision, securing Donovan McNabb from a division rival for a relatively low price and beginning to build around him. The first piece added in the draft was OT Trent Williams(notes), who fit the Redskins’ zone-blocking scheme perfectly. The Redskins’ second-rounder was shipped to Philadelphia for McNabb, along with a conditional fourth-rounder next year, and the third-rounder was sacrificed in the 2009 supplemental draft for developmental DE Jeremy Jarmon(notes), who could help outside in Jim Haslett’s “30” front. ILB Perry Riley(notes) was a solid addition in the fourth round. TE Dennis Morris(notes) could bring value as a wham blocker. WR Terrence Austin(notes) could help in the return game. Their final two picks - C Erik Cook(notes) and OT Selvish Capers(notes) - are developmental zone blockers. To find the two most important pieces of Shanahan’s offense via the draft - McNabb and Williams - gives the Redskins’ draft more credence than it has had in a long time, and Shanahan did a fine job of matching talent to his scheme.

I like all the talk of us getting 3 offensive lineman to potentially fit his system.

If we get 3 useful lineman out of this draft ... A bookend starter and two guys who bring depth with possible potential to start. Then Shanny and Allen did a hell of a job.

We also don't want to forget that this draft brought us Mcnabb Jarmon and Carriker.

I like all the talk of us getting 3 offensive lineman to potentially fit his system.

If we get 3 useful lineman out of this draft ... A bookend starter and two guys who bring depth with possible potential to start. Then Shanny and Allen did a hell of a job.

We also don't want to forget that this draft brought us Mcnabb Jarmon and Carriker.

Right on bro. One impact LT and 2 developmental guys. Plus the best QB we have had since...Theisman? I love that these guys appear as if they are going to respect the draft.

B-? What the hell dude? We got a Franchise LT and Franchise QB in the same draft, help on the Defensive Line, backups on the offensive line and TE, and potential starting new return man and that's only worth a B-? Gimmie a break

McNabb will be nice to have but realistically maybe 2 or 3 more years is our window with him. We still need a QB of the future if Brennen is not that.

The draft was a B pretty much. We didn't have enough picks in early rounds to make a huge bang but we did well with what we had.

B-? What the hell dude? We got a Franchise LT and Franchise QB in the same draft, help on the Defensive Line, backups on the offensive line and TE, and potential starting new return man and that's only worth a B-? Gimmie a break
We didn't get a franchise QB

We got someone else's franchise QB at the end of their career.

there is a significant difference.

Plus, there are quite a few people (myself included) that aren't sold on Trent Williams.

You guys need to stop age hating. McNabb's going to be in this league for longer then 2-3 years. Do you think Payton Mannings too old and will be out of the league in 2-3 years? All you know is that the guys 33 years old and you want to kick him to the curb and make him retire. Any of you check the age of Grandpa Farve lately? Is he too old to play? We got ourselves a Franchise QB for the next 5 years and the only question about it to me is the fact he's not signed past this year yet.

The same people saying McNabb isn't franchise QB probably are out there rooting and hollering for the Raiders who got Campbell. The negativity around the teams QB's here will never end.

You guys need to stop age hating. McNabb's going to be in this league for longer then 2-3 years. Do you think Payton Mannings too old and will be out of the league in 2-3 years? All you know is that the guys 33 years old and you want to kick him to the curb and make him retire. Any of you check the age of Grandpa Farve lately? Is he too old to play? We got ourselves a Franchise QB for the next 5 years and the only question about it to me is the fact he's not signed past this year yet.

The same people saying McNabb isn't franchise QB probably are out there rooting and hollering for the Raiders who got Campbell. The negativity around the teams QB's here will never end.

Peyton Manning hasn't had any real injury issues, and Brett Favre (no matter what you think of him) is an insanely tough player.

While McNabb is a good QB especially for the WCO but quite a few people were hoping to get a Bradford/Clausen in the draft as our QB of the future. Personally I'm not really sold on either, I'd prefer Bradford but getting McNabb isn't a building for the future type move necessarily. If he gets hurt, which is certainly a possibility, we're stuck with Rex Grossman :doh:

Peyton Manning hasn't had any real injury issues, and Brett Favre (no matter what you think of him) is an insanely tough player.

And McNabb isn't? How many games has he missed all career? 25 games over an 11 year span. Not all of those games were injuries and that number is going off of 16 games a year. Anyway what's the point anyway about those other two guys? They have been injured as well, and if your saying that Farve who is 8 years older then McNabb is there because he's tough your wrong. Farve was playing great last year, is 8 years older then Manning and McNabb. Manning was in the superbowl last year. Old dudes can still player, your just wrong in thinking that 33 as a QB today is the same as 33 years old RB. Age discrimination sucks bro.

While McNabb is a good QB especially for the WCO but quite a few people were hoping to get a Bradford/Clausen in the draft as our QB of the future.

So what? There's 1000 pages for our crappy 3rd string QB who won't be crap ever in this league too. Doesn't make those people right. Bradford Claussen couldn't hold McNabb's jersey man, all hype no substance. Let's compare there stats 4 years from now, I guarentee McNabb's are better.

Personally I'm not really sold on either, I'd prefer Bradford but getting McNabb isn't a building for the future type move necessarily. If he gets hurt, which is certainly a possibility, we're stuck with Rex Grossman :doh:

Rex Grossman knows Shanny Jr's system and will do fine. And McNabb over the next 5 years is plenty good for the future. Better then Claussin or any of the rookies that were picked after Bradford, if you suggest that we should have traded up for Bradford the conversation stops right there. That would have been an asinine move of Jim Zorn porportions :doh:

Did you see Seattle's or Detroit's drafts? How about the Rams?

They immediately put us at Bs.

Then we simply got a minus. Sounds fair.

And McNabb isn't? How many games has he missed all career? 25 games over an 11 year span. Not all of those games were injuries and that number is going off of 16 games a year. Anyway what's the point anyway about those other two guys? They have been injured as well, and if your saying that Farve who is 8 years older then McNabb is there because he's tough your wrong. Farve was playing great last year, is 8 years older then Manning and McNabb. Manning was in the superbowl last year. Old dudes can still player, your just wrong in thinking that 33 as a QB today is the same as 33 years old RB. Age discrimination sucks bro.

Ok. Calm down.

Age discrimination doesn't really apply in sports. This isn't an office place where one guy can do the same as another no matter what age. At a certain point your body starts to break down and you don't play as well as you used to. Has Peyton Manning ever missed a game for an injury? If he has, there haven't been many. Favre's ability to play through pain is almost unheard of. McNabb is not the same QB he used to be, and while I think he'll make our offense exponentially better he only has so much time left.

So what? There's 1000 pages for our crappy 3rd string QB who won't be crap ever in this league too. Doesn't make those people right. Bradford Claussen couldn't hold McNabb's jersey man, all hype no substance. Let's compare there stats 4 years from now, I guarentee McNabb's are better.

The Cult of Colt is stupid. Colt sucks and will never compete for a starting job. Bradford and Clausen could end up being incredible QBs at some point, and we're going to need to draft a good QB very soon to learn under McNabb or we're ****ed in the future.

Rex Grossman knows Shanny Jr's system and will do fine. And McNabb over the next 5 years is plenty good for the future. Better then Claussin or any of the rookies that were picked after Bradford, if you suggest that we should have traded up for Bradford the conversation stops right there. That would have been an asinine move of Jim Zorn porportions :doh:

I'm not suggesting anything about trading up for anyone, but the idea that Rex Grossman would do "fine" is foolish. Good Rex only shows up for a few games and then he looks like he's gone colorblind and starts throwing at the defense. Rex Grossman sucks.

All I'm saying is that its a legitimate point that McNabb isnt' the QB he used to be, he's not as good as Peyton Manning and he won't have a year like Favre did last year because we don't have the roster around him that Favre does.

I'm hoping we get a few good years out of him, draft a good QB like Jake Locker next year and let him learn under McNabb so that we have something going for us in the future.

Ok. Calm down.

Age discrimination doesn't really apply in sports. This isn't an office place where one guy can do the same as another no matter what age. At a certain point your body starts to break down and you don't play as well as you used to. Has Peyton Manning ever missed a game for an injury? If he has, there haven't been many. Favre's ability to play through pain is almost unheard of. McNabb is not the same QB he used to be, and while I think he'll make our offense exponentially better he only has so much time left.

How do you know how much time a guy has left? How do you know he's breaking down? Ever compared his stats last year vs previous seasons? You should, your missing out. Last year was his 4th best season in his 11 year career, sorry but your belief of his demise is wrong.

The Cult of Colt is stupid. Colt sucks and will never compete for a starting job. Bradford and Clausen could end up being incredible QBs at some point, and we're going to need to draft a good QB very soon to learn under McNabb or we're ****ed in the future.

Maybe or Maybe not? For all of the stud 1st round QB's taken in the past there are tons of failures as well. I'm sure guys like Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf when they were drafted people said that they could be incredible QB's too. Saying it is cheap, doing it is completely different. Actions speak loudly

I'm not suggesting anything about trading up for anyone, but the idea that Rex Grossman would do "fine" is foolish. Good Rex only shows up for a few games and then he looks like he's gone colorblind and starts throwing at the defense. Rex Grossman sucks.

Show me how you know Rex Grossman will be crap in this offense? Do you know Grossman? I trust the coaches and they brought him in here after working with him for a year. If he were sucky why did they bring him in here? Show some faith in the guys running this

Archived