Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Panthers do a good job in the draft

Bubble Screen

As much as I can't stand them, the Panthers do a good job when it comes to the draft. I'm too lazy to go look it up now. But if you go and look at their recent history (especially first round), they have really hit on some guys. This year appears to be no different. Looking back at this draft in a few years, I'd guess that they will likely have gotten the steal of this draft. Perhaps the best QB in this draft, and he fell all the way to 48th. And getting LaFell will probably end up being a good pick as well.

I strongly disagree with them giving up next year's 2nd round pick for a player that's going to switch positions. I think they should've went in another direction with that. Don't like it at all, but I do like the Clausen and LaFell picks.

Yeah, I didn't really get that either. However, they wanted Edwards REALLY bad from everything I heard/read.

Any way, here is their recent draft history (first round picks):

2005 Thomas Davis

2006 DeAngelo Williams

2007 Jon Beason

2008 Jonathan Stewart, Jeff Otah

2009 No first round pick

2010 No first round pick, but had Clausen fall to them in second round (48th). Then added LaFell and Edwards.

I think trading next year's 2nd for Armanti Edwards was a bit of a reach. Kid has a lot of versatility and could be a weapon in the return game and in the slot, but for a 2nd? That's steep.

I think Clausen ended up being very fortunate going to Carolina. Decent o-line, strong running game, Steve Smith as the go to WR, and a downfield Coryell offense. The only thing left to get him is a TE somehow. If I'm Carolina I take a long look at Aaron Hernandez in the 4th round tomorrow morning.

I like what the

Browns Joe Haden, T.J. Ward, Montario Hardesty, Colt McCoy, Shawn Lauvao

Seahawks Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate

Bengals: Jermaine Gresham, Carlos Dunlap, Jordan Shipley, Brandon Ghee

have done. I think those teams all have at least 3 impact players apiece. I'm jealous of the Seahawks especially.

The Panthers traded next year's second round pick to select Edwards in Round 3 of the NFL draft with the 89th overall pick.

That seriously was the dumbest move of the entire night. The Pats abused them.

QFT. Edwards is no where near worth a second round pick.

This is just a "I love Clausen" thread. The Panthers had an awful draft. John Fox will be fired after this season, which makes the Clausen pick that much worse.

QFT. Edwards is no where near worth a second round pick.

This is just a "I love Clausen" thread. The Panthers had an awful draft. John Fox will be fired after this season, which makes the Clausen pick that much worse.

Alot of you guys need to learn to read. The title is a little misleading. But I clearly stated I was talking mainly about "first round" picks. And I even posted the guys they've gotten in one of the first few posts. I also stated that I thought the Edwards thing was a bit much. But you can't argue with their success with first round picks. And that was the point of the thread. And, believe me, it was not easy giving the Panthers credit for anything. Outside of Dallas, there might not be a team I detest more.

Archived