Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter twitter: Brandon Marshall signs tender

Redskinzfan30

The four seems rather high for dropping down 7 spots to take Marshall. An O-lineman would have to be included in that deal also.

:yes:

According to the draft pick value chart, an "even" trade would be at LEAST the number 4 pick for Marshall, 11th pick, and their second round pick.

What value are you giving Marshall? I'd say something like the a high 2nd rounder.

Well, if it was a 4th overall pick to Denver with no player involved, it'd be the 4th overall for their 1st, 2nd, and 6th round pick. So I guess a 6th round pick. :silly: But really, if you move down 7 spots from the 4th, I think it's imperative that you get at least a 1st and 2nd back, regardless of if a player's involved. :2cents:

Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant will reportedly visit with the Broncos on Wednesday.

Interesting timing with talks talks expected to intensify after Brandon Marshall signed his tender offer on Tuesday. With Marshall likely departing, the Broncos will be in the market for a potential No. 1 receiver. Bryant fits the bill at No. 12 overall.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

What value are you giving Marshall? I'd say something like the a high 2nd rounder.

Maybe before the Santonio Holmes trade that would be the case.

I think a 2nd round pick from someone would be an excellent deal for Denver, but I don't think most teams would offer that.

He's an absolute head case who has an extensive rap sheet off the field going back to his days in college, and he's been suspended once by the NFL, and twice by the Broncos. And it's not a secret McDaniels doesn't really want the guy around the locker room anymore. So the Broncos don't have a lot of leverage to hold out for a high pick for him other than just pointing at the stat sheet.

He's absolutely not worth a 1st round pick, even swapping 1st rounders, if it means missing out on a guy like Okung. And absolutely not worth trading Santana Moss for in the process. Moss would complement a receiver like Marshall.

4 and Moss for 11 and Marshall...do it.

Brandon Marshall is not worth a 1st round pick. Period. I don't care how good he is. WR's are a dime a dozen now a days. We could probably find our own Marshall in later rounds.

Not to mention the guy is a DIVA. The next coming of TO. How long do you think it will be before McNabb and him would be arguing? We need a TEAM player, not a ME player.

Brandon Marshall is not worth a 1st round pick. Period. I don't care how good he is. WR's are a dime a dozen now a days. We could probably find our own Marshall in later rounds.
I don't know if a receiver like Marshall is quite like a dime a dozen, but his skill set doesn't automatically make him worth a 1st rounder.

I mean he's also been one of the most targeted receivers in the NFL the past few years, averaging something like 170 passes his way a year.

I'd like to see what happens with McNabb throwing to Devin Thomas (who's probably averaged what, 40 passes his way the past 2 years?) in an offense schemed by Kyle Shanahan before I get desperate for Marshall and his issues.

If we were going to trade for any current player in the league at this point, I'd rather it be an OL.

4th pick and Moss for 11th pick and Marshall? I'd have to strongly consider it. I don't know if Denver would do that though. McDaniels seems like the hardheaded type who'd rather hold on to Marshall and let him sit on the bench and get nothing in return than trade him for a modest return. Instead of Moss maybe we can make it Landry and/or Carter and have them throw in starting OG Chris Kuper. :D

4th pick and Moss for 11th pick and Marshall? I'd have to strongly consider it. I don't know if Denver would do that though. McDaniels seems like the hardheaded type who'd rather hold on to Marshall and let him sit on the bench and get nothing in return than trade him for a modest return. Instead of Moss maybe we can make it Landry and/or Carter and have them throw in starting OG Chris Kuper. :D
That's a Madden trade.

Who would you play opposite Marshall if you trade away Moss in that deal?

And it's not like Denver really benefits from having a starting receiving corps of Moss and Royal.

The only guy I'd be interested in from Denver's offense would be Clady. A 23 year old two time All Pro ZBS left tackle? Now we'd be talking. Outside of him, no thanks.

Archived