Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Will Give McNabb a Running Game

kingdaddy

Watch for Donovan McNabb to play better in DC than he did in Philly because of the fact that Mike Shanahan will give him a running game. I've been comparing Donovan McNabb to John Elway for the past 5 years because Denver totally relied on Elway to win games before Shanahan gave him Terrell Davis and a running game. Giving McNabb a running game will make him a more complete and dangerous QB to defend against. It will also keep him healthier.

Shanahan believes in running the football. Andy Reid does not believe in running the football. And, with a solid defense, it should be all about piecing together the O-line at this point.

How about trading Big Al to Baltimore for Gaither, the offensive tackle, and possibly a 4th or 5th round pick?

I agree. I wasn't a fan of the trade but there is no doubt McNabb is an immediate upgrade over Campbell and the fact he won't be throwing the ball 50 times per game as he did in Philly should only work to his advantage. The thing I'm most excited for is bringing the deep ball back to DC! McNabb has a very accurate deep pass so the days of watching Moss streaking wide open down the sideline only to have Campbell miss are finally gone. He has to be licking his chops. McNabb will also provide our 2nd round "busts", Thomas and Kelly, the chance to show their wares as well!

Chris Cooley and Fred Davis are going to love having McNabb. Donovan has always liked the TE in the red zone (see Chad Lewis, LJ Smith, Brett Celek).

Also, with the additions of McNabb and Larry Johnson, the offense just got some attitude to push the others.

Willie Parker will be the man running the screen passes.

Watch for Donovan McNabb to play better in DC than he did in Philly because of the fact that Mike Shanahan will give him a running game.

YES!!! So true. Shanahan is all about the run. Portis is the perfect back for zone blocking and McNabb is one of the all-time best west coast qbs and now he won't have to throw 30 screens a game and can actually take a breather by handing off the ball! The ceiling for next year's team was raised considerably from 4-12.

We better give him a running game or we are screwed....

Man your sig is freakin me out :yikes:

I think Clinton rebounds to '08 form.... especially with all of this "motivation".

The Redskins are moving forward, and unless he wants to end up on Oakland to rot, he's going to run with us to the Superbowl

Although Philly had a pass-first offense, let's not pretend they didn't have a running game. A certain guy named Westbrook gave them quite a bit of help up there.

Westbrook is a great player, but was never a 20-25 times a game ball carrier. That wasn't his strength.

Philly passed 97% :ols:of the time because McNabb only completes 59% of his passes. If the Shanahan duo wants a run-heavy offense they are not going to have many pass completions during the game. 30 runs and 30 passes = only 18 completions. I don't think McNabb ever worried about throwing a bunch of dead ducks because he always knew that he was going to have many opportunities to throw again during the game. The thing about the Philly offense was that it would look like they were stinking up the joint for most of the game but then in only a couple of plays their offense would explode. Do the Skins have enough WR speed and pass protection for the long plays that were the staple of the Philly WCO?

At least we don't have to worry about whether the QB can handle having the game put on his shoulders late in the game when the Skins have to pass frequently to make up a deficit. McNabb is used to it.

Archived