Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shefter: McNabb a Redskin MERGED x7

Conn

Elway was a year older than McNabb went to Shanahan. A first I was luke warm about this deal. I have to say the more I think it through the happier I am.

Yes, we still have holes. But at least we will not be drafting an unproven QB at four.

I haven't been this excited since Gibbs came back! We finally have a franchise QB and McNabb easily has another 3 or 4 years left in him. So now we can go get Okung with the #4 pick and go OL the rest of the way. I still wouldn't rule out a trade to get Brandon Marshall, and if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see TO here.

I haven't been this excited since Gibbs came back! We finally have a franchise QB and McNabb easily has another 3 or 4 years left in him. So now we can go get Okung with the #4 pick and go OL the rest of the way. I still wouldn't rule out a trade to get Brandon Marshall, and if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see TO here.

You're kidding, right? Esp about the TO part.

It just now occurred to me... What am I going to do with my **** McNabb t-shirt now? It's bad enough that I have to retire my Smoot and possibly Portis jerseys (maybe even my Cooley under this FO).

I recommend putting duct tape over the first word, and writing "GO" on it with a Sharpie.

Wasn't exactly sure what was the best thread to put this in, but I looked up the last 10 #37 picks in the NFL Draft.

I see 2 decent players in this list.

Alphonso Smith

Curtis Lofton

Eric Weddle

Jimmy Williams

Shaun Cody

Teddy Lehman

Jon Stinchcomb

Andre Gurode

Idrees Bashir

Travis Claridge

But if you told me I could have one of those players out of college or McNabb now, I would take McNabb.

I wouldn't rule out Marshall either

According to ESPN we offered to trade Albert straight up for Donovan and the Eagles chose the picks instead. Bold move, I'm just curious is Albert on the trading block or were we just that desperate to have donovan that we offered one of our best defensive players. I'll have to admit I'm going to be pissed if albert is traded for anything other that a Probowl caliber LT and I dont see that happening

Some of you think a second round pick and a 3 or 4 is too much for McNabb. Some of you think he's over the hill. Some of you seem to forget that this is the QB position and 33/34 is still often well within a QB's prime years. McNabb has been the best QB in the NFC when healthy over the last 10 years and last year he had a 93 passer rating. Look what Favre did at 40. You don't think there's any chance McNabb can still be good at 34?

I think this is a terrific move for us even if it is emotionally disconcerting.

all this whining about trading our 2nd for McNabb.......wait, what if the plan all along was to draft Okung with the 1st and say Pike, Tebow or McCoy with our 2nd. I would MUCH rather have a proven top 10 QB back there for at least 3-4 years instead of an unproven rook for the next several years, right?

Why is everyone calling McNabb a "Franchise QB". I bet if you asked ES'er to rank the QB's in the NFL right before this trade, McNabb would barely make most people's top 10. So is the 10th best QB in the league a "Franchise QB"? Is that who you want to rest your hopes on?

Why is everyone calling McNabb a "Franchise QB". I bet if you asked ES'er to rank the QB's in the NFL right before this trade, McNabb would barely make most people's top 10. So is the 10th best QB in the league a "Franchise QB"? Is that who you want to rest your hopes on?

Sure as hell better then what we have had the last three years so my answer is YES!

Archived