Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There's Nothing Like Australia.

SkinnedAussie

I think it's unfair how the smallest continent has so many deadly animal species. You have a million different kinds of venomous snakes, crocodiles, the world's most deadly spider, great whites, killer ants, and your sting rays are mean enough to take out the Crocodile Hunter! Even the friggin platypus is poisonous! How did you guys end up with so many killer beasts?

It's extremely rare that you'll hear a 'Yee ha' from an Australian, but you will see, if you look hard enough, vehicles on blocks outside of mobile homes, with a bunch of feral kids running around outside, waiting for their Uncle Dad to come home from the local bar!

Except we don't brag about being better than everyone else.

Dude I've been to Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland) and you guys are some of the most arrogant people I've ever met. I'm not saying YOU, but most of the people I met there were pretty self centered and arrogant. The women LOVE yanks apparently.. I asked a women there I met about it because I was getting tons of attention and she told me that most aussie women hate the way aussie men treat them. I know I'm generalizing, but then again so are you.. Have you ever been to Texas?

Australia looks like fun. :)

Curious, how do most Australians look at the US?

Usually, from a distance.

But seriously, of all the illegal immigrants here (yes, we get 'em as well), the highest figure is Americans. There is an estimated 4930 Americans in this country illegally, so they must think it's a better place to be than the US. One of them may very well be an ESer who I haven't seen logged in for a while now. The last I heard was that he was thinking of heading down my way, but I've had no contact with him since.

Dude I've been to Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland) and you guys are some of the most arrogant people I've ever met. I'm not saying YOU, but most of the people I met there were pretty self centered and arrogant. The women LOVE yanks apparently.. I asked a women there I met about it because I was getting tons of attention and she told me that most aussie women hate the way aussie men treat them. I know I'm generalizing, but then again so are you.. Have you ever been to Texas?

I'm betting most of that arrogance was when you were in Queensland, followed by Sydney. I'm curious now, but were you on a pre-booked tour, or did you just go with the flow once you get out of Customs?

When I did a tour of the US back in '92, the US women were the same with me - they loved Aussies coz American men treated them like crap - so that shoe fits both feet.

The only really arrogant person we came across was some hotel front desk clerk who must have been having a really bad day as he also abused a lady who was in front of us. As we were using vouchers for our accomodation (all pre-paid prior to departure), he decided that he wasn't going to accept ours, so a quick phone call to the manager soon saw us upgraded, and the clerk fired. As we were travelling at our own pace, and going where we wanted, we were generally treated well wherever we went. Yes, even in Texas. We actually spent a couple of days in Texas.

Anyway, you might find that women are the same all over the world. They were cracking on to you because, no doubt, they thought you had money, being a traveller. Don't fool yourself thinking it was because you were American. They do it here to everyone - French, German, Italian, American, - anyone who they think has got a dollar or two.

My point exactly. She knows he's a 'foreigner', so therefore assumes he has money, more than she has. The fact that she's playing the role of a skanky ho also needs to be factored in.

Are you saying that US girls don't do what's being depicted in the comedy sketch? I can win that argument any day of the week.

Archived