Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A reason to root for Kyle Busch (Redskins related)

IceDragon38

Neither can I. What I can't figure out is what is the big deal. What exactly has Kyle Busch done to deserve all the hype. Except for DW yelling wild thing everytime he makes a pass. BTW Yes, I am a Dale Jr. fan & I rooted for his father before him & for the last few years I've been wishing that his father would take control of his body during race day. In fact I actually thank that might have happened on the last lap at the Daytona 500 this year.

He only wins twice as often as Dale Jr. How can you point out how Busch doesn't deserve all the hype, and then say you're a Dale Jr. fan?

I know you and I have had issues in past (OchoCinco Thread) but damn if this post wasn't telling the truth. A, freaking MEN!!

Quite frankly, I don't even recall us having problems any problems. Then again, people take me way too seriously in that thread.

Don't think it has anything to do with Gibbs. Didn't Tony race for Gibbs? I don't recall him ever wearing anything Redskins, could be wrong though.

Yeah, he raced for Gibbs. That is, until Gibbs switched to Toyota. And I never saw Stewart wear any Redskins stuff either. But I do recall watching a Redskins game about 5 years ago, and them showing Tony on our sideline.

Now this is RICH!! A DALE EARNHARDT JR fan is asking what another driver has done to deserve all the hype? Are you SERIOUS with this?!:ols::ols::ols:...Dude, YOUR driver is, perhaps, the most overrated driver in the HISTORY of Nascar! We're talking about a guy that hasn't won a race in nearly two years, despite being in the best equipment in Nascar (Hendrick driver). We're also talking about a guy that just entered the top 12 (8th) in points for the first time in FORTY-EIGHT races!! A guy that is coming off a season in which he finished TWENTY-FOURTH in points! And you SERIOUSLY have the nerve to ask what KYLE BUSCH has done to deserve the hype? I've heard it ALL now!:laugh:

:ols:...We may not agree on baseball but damn that was great. Personally I like Busch because he is an old school racer who doesn't give 2 *****. Jr. is one that I love to see struggle just because so much hype is built up on him and everyone I talk to with racing seems to think he is the greatest thing ever. The guy speeds on pit road every race and F's himself over and I find all of it very hilarious. But of course it's not his fault...they blame the pit crew (what happened twice this year with his new pit crew? speeding)

:ols:...We may not agree on baseball but damn that was great. Personally I like Busch because he is an old school racer who doesn't give 2 *****. Jr. is one that I love to see struggle just because so much hype is built up on him and everyone I talk to with racing seems to think he is the greatest thing ever. The guy speeds on pit road every race and F's himself over and I find all of it very hilarious. But of course it's not his fault...they blame the pit crew (what happened twice this year with his new pit crew? speeding)

Wait, what did you mean about the baseball thing? You a Mets fan or something?:silly:

But back to the JR thing. You just hit the nail on the head. I don't have anything against the guy, personally. FWIW, he seems like a very down-to-earth guy. And grew up not to far from me. But like you said, I've long grew sick of all the hype this guy gets. And for WHAT?! He hasn't done a damn thing in several years now. I remember when he went to Hendrick a few years ago, all you heard was how he was gonna win a championship, and alot of races, and compete every year. Its funny as hell that he hasn't done squat since he went there. Hendrick's other three drivers finished 1-3, and then JR is way down in 24th, one spot behind AJ Allmendinger, of all people! Junior hasn't done anything more than Casey Mears did while he was at Hendrick. Pretty sad. Btw, now the thing I constantly hear from JR nation is that with the return of the spoiler (its back starting this week) that he will revert back to winning races, etc. Yeah, ok.:pfft:....I do look for him to be in the top 10 again this week though. Martinsville is one of his better tracks.

Now this is RICH!! A DALE EARNHARDT JR fan is asking what another driver has done to deserve all the hype? Are you SERIOUS with this?!:ols::ols::ols:...Dude, YOUR driver is, perhaps, the most overrated driver in the HISTORY of Nascar! We're talking about a guy that hasn't won a race in nearly two years, despite being in the best equipment in Nascar (Hendrick driver). We're also talking about a guy that just entered the top 12 (8th) in points for the first time in FORTY-EIGHT races!! A guy that is coming off a season in which he finished TWENTY-FOURTH in points! And you SERIOUSLY have the nerve to ask what KYLE BUSCH has done to deserve the hype? I've heard it ALL now!:laugh:

Don't watch NASCAR (couldn't pay me to) but Kornheiser says that Earnhardt Jr is the most overrated sports figure in the entire world. Period.

Anyway, the Skins used to be the team of the South so it makes sense that a lot of these guys are fans.

Btw, now the thing I constantly hear from JR nation is that with the return of the spoiler (its back starting this week) that he will revert back to winning races, etc.

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

So, it was the wing's fault that he hasn't done much in a Hendrick car. Never mind the fact that his teammates finished 1-3 last year, with one of them doing so in his very first year in the car. Or the fact that it took Martin only about 10 races or so to pass Earnhardt's win total in a HMS Chevy. Nope, it's totally the wing's fault.

Don't watch NASCAR (couldn't pay me to) but Kornheiser says that Earnhardt Jr is the most overrated sports figure in the entire world. Period.

Anyway, the Skins used to be the team of the South so it makes sense that a lot of these guys are fans.

Kornheiser is probably right. I can't think of anyone in sports that is more overrated, other than Danica Patrick.

And I think the only reason you see Busch wearing a Skins hat, or a jersey, is simply because he drives for Joe Gibbs. Kyle is from Las Vegas. Pretty sure he wasn't a Redskins fan, prior to Gibbs hiring hin.

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

So, it was the wing's fault that he hasn't done much in a Hendrick car. Never mind the fact that his teammates finished 1-3 last year, with one of them doing so in his very first year in the car. Or the fact that it took Martin only about 10 races or so to pass Earnhardt's win total in a HMS Chevy. Nope, it's totally the wing's fault.

Yeah, man, Junior fans are so delusional. They'll come up with ANY excuse for why he's sucked there. And forget comparing JR to Martin. Junior has the same amount of wins in a Hendrick car as CASEY MEARS!:ols:

Stewart was a regular at Redskins Park.

:2cents:

Don't think he's a skins fan though.

Tony is a Colts fan, he has said that several times on air. Tony did attend the December 2005 game when the Redskins crushed the cowturds; he was wearing a Redskins sweatshirt.

To the Dale Jr. Argument:

I 100% agree that JR is the most overrated sports figure in the HISTORY of sports.

Just as I grew up with the Redskins, I grew up with racing. My family was friends with local stock car racers and we went to weekly races/demolition derbies and such. In fact my first car, when it finally was at the end of it's "life", met the end of it's life in a demolition derby in maryland. While I can't list the drivers my parents rooted for in their day, I know Petty was one. I've always, before JGR, enjoyed racing, but never really had a favorite. I had drivers I did not like, but I did always respect Mark Martin and Jeff Burton. When Gibbs got his team, I became loyal to his team. I fell in love with Tony Stewart from the start; and I agree with whoever said this... Kyle is like a young Tony Stewart. Tony was very controversial as he moved up the ranks. One can only hope Kyle also learns. He has talen. I don't think anyone whether you like him or not can really disagree about his ability to drive a race car.

While I am still loyal to JGR, the drivers I root for, in order, are:

Tony Stewart

Denny Hamlin

Ryan Newman (actually Ryan and Mark are tied... I'm not sure who I like better)

Mark Martin

Kyle Busch

Joey Logano (He has improved; hopefully he will continue improving for JGR).

I'll always be a Stewart fan. He reminds me of a local stock car racer our family always rooted for just in his whole demeanor, the way he looks at things, his passion for racing... whether it's Sprint or minis or anything in between. While people believe he left JGR because of Gibbs' switch to Toyota, I don't believe that. Tony has wanted to own his own team for a while and it was only a matter of time.

I will also always be loyal to Joe Gibbs Racing.

Neat story: One year when we were on vacation... I believe it was 2006.. we always to to a beach in southern North Carolina (Kure Beach). My niece and I took a side trip to Joe Gibbs Racing. It was during the mini camps and it was a Friday. We got to see the garage where the car were being worked on, the museum and all the different paint jobs/special race suits with various themes, etc. As we were leaving, who walks in but Joe Gibbs. We were not expecting to see him; we stayed back but he came upto us and asked us if we were the owners of the burgundy Maryland car outside. I said, yes, I was. Then he looked at me and said.. you come out to Redskins Park when we leave and come back from games... anyway.. he approached us, we did not approach him, which I thought was classy. We were not going to interrupt him in his place of business. He talked to us, gave us autographs, played a little bit with my great-grand nephew.

It was neat.. short but neat. he then got in the elevator and went up to his office.

The sad thing was that there was a family in looking down at the garage just before he came in.. they had what I assume was their son with them and they, too, were Redskin fans. They finished going through the displays and watched the garage workers for a while and left literally 5 minutes before Gibbs came in. They were from South Carolina and it would have been a great chance for them to meet the classiest coach in the NFL :) (Okay I'm biased).

Quite frankly, I don't even recall us having problems any problems. Then again, people take me way too seriously in that thread.

Yeah, he raced for Gibbs. That is, until Gibbs switched to Toyota. And I never saw Stewart wear any Redskins stuff either. But I do recall watching a Redskins game about 5 years ago, and them showing Tony on our sideline.

Yeah I think Tony just won the Sprint Cup title that year. Then Gibbs invited him to the sidelines on our last home game of the season. He was taking pictures with Portis.

I think it's that Busch is closer to carrying the mantle of Dale Sr far more ably than Jr is so Jr fans hate him.

Archived