Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Temp Agencies?

Hunny

So, I absolutely cannot stand waiting tables anymore. I've been taking various classes to become a "certified" administrative assistant. I've whored out my resume to every secretarial/receptionist position posted to Craigslist, and only gotten 2 interviews. I went to a resume class, so I'm assuming it's my lack of experience.

Can anyone recommend a great Temp Agency in the area? (Fairfax County.) I really need to get my foot in the door! Hopefully this is the right path to take. Any advice on the matter would also be greatly appreciated! :)

P.S. Any of you looking to hire a bright, young admin. assistant? :D

I'm in the same position as you, Hunny. I graduated in May and I am still in the same ****ty retail job I had during college. All of my applications have been shot down. I've tried going to career counselors, career fairs, career centers, Montgomery Works, etc and have been out of luck. I've tried seeing if any of my contacts could find something for me, but so far no luck there either.

Good luck. You aren't the only one out there.

When I was in college, I worked for TeleSec Corestaff in Falls Church. I got pretty good placements each summer, so I'd recommend them. I worked for Gannett, the Inova Health Care system (3 times), the catholic church, and a couple other places.

Hunny, I feel like I'm in a similar position. I'm currently working an internship at what we'll simply say is a political news site that happens to be based around here. I know I could do things for the site that would go above and beyond what they want now, but for the moment, I'm stuck doing menial duties. Breaking in? It's hard. Very ****ing hard.

Archived