Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats with the certain upset people on this board. About how the offseason is going.

PigSkinRodeo

Sure, we were 4-12 last season. I don't really feel, however, that record best describes last years team. Once it was obvious where the ship was headed, they pulled the advisor and reverted back to week 1's Zorn team. Why? So we could get a better pick for Shanny :)

So.. we were 4-12.. we should've won a few and we lost a couple on purpose..

IMO.. This is a 9 win team :D

I am ecstatic about the direction of this offseason. This FA year is very weak. The Skins have picked up some experienced O Line help to help fill in gaps while young guys come along. Probably will pick up more. Picking up Kemoatu is a big pickup. Once he is recovered from his injury fully, he will be a good NT for the Skins. If the Skins can pick up Larry Foote that would be great.

Sure, we were 4-12 last season. I don't really feel, however, that record best describes last years team. Once it was obvious where the ship was headed, they pulled the advisor and reverted back to week 1's Zorn team. Why? So we could get a better pick for Shanny :)

And that there is the fictional reality that Redskins fans live in.

You sound awfully optimistic. So much so that I feel that I need to justify my pessimism.

the draft hasnt happened. you think were not gonna draft at least 2 starters in the draft? newsflash: you cant rebuild an oline as bad as ours in one season, however you can make it much much better, which i think were doing, and will be doing in the draft.

How many starters did we get last year? Orakpo and ______.

How about the year before that? Horton and ??? maybe Thomas? maybe Kelly? maybe Davis?

The year before that? Landry and who else?

The year before that? Rocky and who else? Doughty's a maybe.

In fact you've got to got to go back to 2005 to see us getting two starters in Campbell and Rodgers (both of whom I like, but they're not the most popular guys on this board).

I think I'm allowed to still have doubts.

backup portis? did you not see we brought in parker and LJ? and again, finding a RB is like finding gum at 7-11: theyre everywhere. we can draft a guy in the 5th round and have him be a back up runningback. thats hardly an issue.

Then why haven't we been able to find anybody? McD5 thinks Betts was the best thing since sliced bread. Everybody else saw the flaws in his game. People were praying that Aldridge or Mason would amount to something. Then we prayed for Ganther and jumped for joy when he got like 50 yards in a game, as if thats an accomplishment.

Until this team shows me that they can fill our needs I'll remain skeptical about their abilities.

we have moss, thomas, kelly, and mitchell. were missing 1 WR for a 5 man set. are you really this worried about finding 1 WR?

and what have they done? We had no thousand yard WR last year. its like each guy has one good game per season and all of a sudden they're the second coming around here. We're thin at WR too.

we signed a blocking TE. i personally think were gonna trade a TE and recoup a pick or get a player in return. but thats just me.

TE may be the ONLY position on offense where I'm actually confident about our depth. And when you look at the importance (or lack thereof) of a TE in the overall schemes, I think I and those others who have their doubts about the Skins are justified.

Vinny is that you?

I'm fine with the way that they've approached things thus far.

The one move that will tick me off to no end will be if Bradford goes 1, Okung is there at 4, and the Redskins draft Clausen.

Until then, I'm down.

And I can live with a rebuilding year this year IF they rebuild the OL, have another top 5 pick in 2011, and they draft a franchise QB after fixing the OL first.

You sound awfully optimistic. So much so that I feel that I need to justify my pessimism.

How many starters did we get last year? Orakpo and ______.

How about the year before that? Horton and ??? maybe Thomas? maybe Kelly? maybe Davis?

The year before that? Landry and who else?

The year before that? Rocky and who else? Doughty's a maybe.

In fact you've got to got to go back to 2005 to see us getting two starters in Campbell and Rodgers (both of whom I like, but they're not the most popular guys on this board).

I think I'm allowed to still have doubts.

who was running last years draft?

how about the year before that? or the other years?

see theres this guy, hes called the general manager. before we had a guy pretending to be one. now it looks like weve actually got a real one for once. so while i can see how youre somewhat worried about continuing on the same line, give this guy a shot to win you over. he isnt vinny.

and with the way we handled the first week of free agency calmly, maturely, intelligently, and not insane, im looking forward to how shanny and bruce handle the draft.

Then why haven't we been able to find anybody? McD5 thinks Betts was the best thing since sliced bread. Everybody else saw the flaws in his game. People were praying that Aldridge or Mason would amount to something. Then we prayed for Ganther and jumped for joy when he got like 50 yards in a game, as if thats an accomplishment.

Until this team shows me that they can fill our needs I'll remain skeptical about their abilities.

weve been looking? again, why are you lumping vinny in with the new group? bruce is not vinny. and weve never had a runningback problem until now. betts was a great backup. but he was a backup. only a few teams have true stud 1-2 punch runningback combos, we currently arent one. but were supposed to be a throwing team, gotta fix the QB/Oline problem first.

im sure you werent worried about our backup runningback situation when portis was popping off 1400 yard seasons. its only magnified now because we sucked so badly last year. but in short, RB is not a big problem.

and what have they done? We had no thousand yard WR last year. its like each guy has one good game per season and all of a sudden they're the second coming around here. We're thin at WR too.

we need a QB for our WR to have success. currently we have a crappy one. im hoping bruce and shanahakyle fix that.

TE may be the ONLY position on offense where I'm actually confident about our depth. And when you look at the importance (or lack thereof) of a TE in the overall schemes, I think I and those others who have their doubts about the Skins are justified.

fair enough, but have worries after the draft and after you see these guys in camp/preseason/etc. youre worried in march about a roster thats not even finished. that doesnt make much sense.

and again, this is a rebuild year. its gonna be ugly most likely, but it should be fun if the guys in charge pick some good players and get this thing headed in the right direction.

who was running last years draft?

how about the year before that? or the other years?

see theres this guy, hes called the general manager. before we had a guy pretending to be one. now it looks like weve actually got a real one for once. so while i can see how youre somewhat worried about continuing on the same line, give this guy a shot to win you over. he isnt vinny.

And that there is my problem with much of this season and offseason - the whole "he isn't Vinny" (and he isn't zorn) arguments. I don't want a not-Vinny guy running my team (well I do, but its not all I want). I want a GOOD GM running my team. How will I know he's a good GM? By his results! As of now, I've got nothing to judge Allen and Shanny by (as Redskins). So I'm not so excited about them.

Even the horrible Vinny had his offseasons where he was quiet and his draft days where we felt like he'd done something right. We've even had a double digit win season one year. If we go back to Marty, we'll remember when he had a quiet offseason and a hard training camp and he was fired the next year.

I've wasted too much of my energy with the "you just wait, we're gonna be good next year" argument. Now I'm in a wait and see mode cause I've pretty much lost the faith that we'll be any good.

Just because a vocal minority have an opinion doesn't mean its that big of a deal. There will never be anything that everyone will agree on. Someone will always disagree, and they will be vocal about it.

If you read the threads on here I think you will clearly see that the overwhelming majority of fans are just fine with this offseason.

Archived