Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats with the certain upset people on this board. About how the offseason is going.

PigSkinRodeo

Did I say the majority of the people were moaning? Some!!! Right now, I'm talking to you. Stop acting like a *****!!!! Be patient.

You don't understand reading comprehension, do you Mcfly? I said that I was elated with our new approach. Now :stfu: before you continue to embarass yourself.

we have a real head coach

we have a real offensive coordinator

we have a real GM

the draft hasnt even happened yet

we havent made any trades yet

the season is 1 week old

are you really that upset that we didnt blow a bunch of money on peppers and sproles? that would have made us so much better! LOL

Who said anything about Peppers or Sproles? Have the O-Line been addressed? Who's gonna backup Portis, who I'm not sold on either at this point? We could use a WR. What do we do, sign a TE? Explain that one.

It only seems like a majority because those of us that are happy with the new direction aren't constantly on the boards whining. But I assure you, the majority are at the very least, ok with the direction we're heading. If we bomb this year then you'll probably see a lot off pissed off fans.

Who said anything about Peppers or Sproles? Have the O-Line been addressed? Who's gonna backup Portis, who I'm sold on either at this point? We could use a WR. What do we do, sign a TE? Explain that one.

Kind of hard to address needs when those players we need are RFA due to the uncapped year and I sure as heck don't want to continue the practice of surrendering draft picks to acquire those players.

You don't understand reading comprehension, do you Mcfly? I said that I was elated with our new approach. Now :stfu: before you continue to embarass yourself.

I know what you said. I understand what you said. Now, if you can make me stfu, do it!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be tough guy behind the computer. DO IT!!!

I'll give you my name and address. Send me a private message.

Totally agree.....yo OP, sit your $5 camp fodder status azz down, before I make change....

Wow...calm down. He stated his opinion from what he observed. Who cares how many posts he has? Maybe he just reads a lot. Anyway, I do see a good number of people freaking out because we aren't signing all the OL that we can. But a lot of people are very happy about the way we are doing business.

I for one am happy about everything. I expect the draft to contribute a lot to our major changes. Trades and draft picks. Nobody on here knows as much as Bruce or Shanny so I kind of just ignore people who think they should be a GM/Coach in the NFL. I don't know what their plans are but I plan on waiting until after the draft to come to more solid conclusions.

HAIL!:shhh:

Kind of hard to address needs when those players we need are RFA due to the uncapped year and I sure as heck don't want to continue the practice of surrendering draft picks to acquire those players.

There's some "cheap" UFA's out there that could help this team.

I know what you said. I understand what you said. Now, if you can make me stfu, do it!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be tough guy behind the computer. DO IT!!!

Good lord. Take it easy people. Why is everybody getting so angry? We are all Skins fans here. I hate internet tough guys as well but nobody is trying to fight you.

HAIL!!:dallasuck

I've been frustrated with the way the offseason has played out so far. And I've voiced that frustration but I'm not crying about it. For the OP to say "you're not a true diehard fan if you're not letting it play out" I think is quite unfair.

For any of us whether pleased or not pleased with the offseason so far you have to be a pretty dedicated fan to be checking the boards and making comments in early March when most football fans aren't even thinking about the pigskin.

So regardless of your thoughts on the offseason I think the OP is completely out of bounds to take shots at everyone's fanhood.

And one final tidbit, while I've been outspoken against the lack of moves so far I realize the offseason isn't won in just one day and that's is a process. Patience and being a Redskins fan is a tough pill to swallow but I think we can all be optimistic about our future.

Eh, I'm immune to most of the people on the board, if you read alot of the posts they b*tch about both sides.. if we are looking at a player they say things like "we should sign him to a low dollar contract and low years.. he's old.. he's fat.. he's ugly... etc etc" So the guy goes and gets 5 years with 20m gtd with another team. Then people complain because we didn't sign that player.

They complain because Vinny/Dan make's it rain, then we stop and people complain that we havent signed anyone.

People complain the team is old and washed up, we cut 10 and then they complain because we have holes to fill.

Bottom line, your never going to please people.. they always will b*tch and moan about everything and everyone, they will always find something to blame, and they will always second guess everything and never fall on their sword.

Me? I'm happy with the change of pace and I trust Shanny/Bruce to run the team.. I got exactly what I asked for, competent football people making decisions. I'm happy.

I could do nothing but laugh out loud at that comment. Doesn't that piss you off? :ols:

Anybody see the irony in his post?

Wow you people take it as if i'm attacking everyone on the forum. Which i'm not i'm talking about a select few people i see here and there when reading post and such. Yeah i agree it sucks about being a 4-12 team last year. But i'm not crying i'm just voicing some excitement about this new era thats all.. So before you take it as a attack of sort maybe you should reread. We all want to win no doubt. We want to cheer for more then 4-12 but you know what thats what makes us fans. But at the same time we need to emprasse that this good coaching staff will but are players in the best postion unlike some of are other coaches of the past. Die hard fans will support there team just as much when losing cause it's there team and because they never give up no matter how long it takes to win.. That for some people in a true fan.

But the problem is that this team was 4-12 last year and we have not improved this roster at all. Yeah, it's nice to say that we have football people calling the shots, but have they improved the team yet?

really? you're a redskin fan and you just said this?

The Redskins need to build a team, not buy one. You don't need to improve the roster, you need to improve the players on the roster we have. This has been the Redskins mentality for a long, long, very long time before Snyder showed up. Shanny knew this because he knew the previous owner and his subsequent staff, and that's what he's trying to bring back to this organization.

Character over raw talent. Leaders over divas.

The mentality of the younger Redskins fan-base generation is terrible. You guys need to go watch some games from the first Gibbs era

I am patient. But if we run out the same 4-12 team we did last year, this year, should I still be patient?

First we still have the upcoming draft to improve the team. Second, has it crossed your mind that the major reason we were 4-12 was not the talent, but JIM FREAKIN ZORN? He has to be one of the worst coaches I have ever seen in any sport. So a losing season does not automatically mean you bring in high priced free agents. It does not mean you need to spend $90m on Peppers, or $60m on Dansby (who has never been to a probowl by the way), or spend $20m on Chad freakin Clifton. Allen/Shanahan needed to get rid of overpaid, underacheiving, and old players, and they did that already. They need to change the mentality of this team, they need to change the culture, we'll see how well they do with that.

really? you're a redskin fan and you just said this?

The Redskins need to build a team, not buy one. You don't need to improve the roster, you need to improve the players on the roster we have. This has been the Redskins mentality for a long, long, very long time before Snyder showed up. Shanny knew this because he knew the previous owner and his subsequent staff, and that's what he's trying to bring back to this organization.

Character over raw talent. Leaders over divas.

The mentality of the younger Redskins fan-base generation is terrible. You guys need to go watch some games from the first Gibbs era

Dude, I'm quite older than you. I actually remember when the Skins were winning championships. No offense, but you were only 9 the last time the Skins won the SB. You just heard someone else say this and thought it sounded cool.

Anyway, I have no problem with our defensive talent. Offense on the otherhand, there's only so much "coaching up" you can do.

I am patient. But if we run out the same 4-12 team we did last year, this year, should I still be patient?

10 players are gone. 10 contributing players from last year are gone. The team is fundamentally not the same.

How would you expect them to change their team? By signing an aging DE, a LB we don't really need, a CB who commanded a high price despite not being the #1 on his team, trading picks away from WR's?

They are building it smartly.

Dude, I'm quite older than you. I actually remember when the Skins were winning championships. No offense, but you were only 9 the last time the Skins won the SB. You just heard someone else say this and thought it sounded cool.

Anyway, I have no problem with our defensive talent. Offense on the otherhand, there's only so much "coaching up" you can do.

So what? You are older than him but that doesn't mean your passion or knowledge of the CURRENT team is any better than his.

Wow...calm down. He stated his opinion from what he observed. Who cares how many posts he has? Maybe he just reads a lot.

Goodness grief, I was just joking, you can sit your overly sensitive azz down to. Yall complain about people complaining and then you complain when people joke around. Step away from the cpu and analyze your life.

10 players are gone. 10 contributing players from last year are gone. The team is fundamentally not the same.

How would you expect them to change their team? By signing an aging DE, a LB we don't really need, a CB who commanded a high price despite not being the #1 on his team, trading picks away from WR's?

They are building it smartly.

Again, I just said defensively we're good. Offense on the otherhand.....

At the end of the day We are all Skins fans here and i understand that.. I just wish some people on here would not take it as a direct threat to every person.. And i pretty sure it was stated that way. But i understand some people read to much in to what is being said and i understad that.. The end result is YES we want are Skins to WIN. No doubt and i just feel that we are headed in that direction.. With Vinny going, Zorn then following and then bringing in the right personal I think burgandy and gold is in the right hands.. I also feel that everyone that we state on the message board we should get they were already looking at months ago. They are some of the best at what they do. And i think we will see on no just FO wise but on the field results as well.

Who said anything about Peppers or Sproles? Have the O-Line been addressed? Who's gonna backup Portis, who I'm not sold on either at this point? We could use a WR. What do we do, sign a TE? Explain that one.

the draft hasnt happened. you think were not gonna draft at least 2 starters in the draft? newsflash: you cant rebuild an oline as bad as ours in one season, however you can make it much much better, which i think were doing, and will be doing in the draft.

backup portis? did you not see we brought in parker and LJ? and again, finding a RB is like finding gum at 7-11: theyre everywhere. we can draft a guy in the 5th round and have him be a back up runningback. thats hardly an issue.

we have moss, thomas, kelly, and mitchell. were missing 1 WR for a 5 man set. are you really this worried about finding 1 WR?

we signed a blocking TE. i personally think were gonna trade a TE and recoup a pick or get a player in return. but thats just me.

the draft hasnt happened. you think were not gonna draft at least 2 starters in the draft? newsflash: you cant rebuild an oline as bad as ours in one season, however you can make it much much better, which i think were doing, and will be doing in the draft.

backup portis? did you not see we brought in parker and LJ? and again, finding a RB is like finding gum at 7-11: theyre everywhere. we can draft a guy in the 5th round and have him be a back up runningback. thats hardly an issue.

we have moss, thomas, kelly, and mitchell. were missing 1 WR for a 5 man set. are you really this worried about finding 1 WR?

we signed a blocking TE. i personally think were gonna trade a TE and recoup a pick or get a player in return. but thats just me.

Amen BLC. Great post and very true.

Archived