Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Misc. Art Thread

That's cool if you guys can't collab, worth a shot. I should prolly just start a thread to improve my chances of finding someone who wants to give it a shot.

I would but I'm just not a fan of basketball at all. The only thing I like about basketball is the NCAA tournament. Other than that I don't care for it. I have tried working on some basketball stuff for some friends of mine and I just don't like working on it. I think because I hate basketball so much it is just boring to work on basketball stuff.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything I just can't stand basketball at all. This is my least favorite time of the year for sports. I have a love for football that isn't matched by any other sport. I get about 10 minutes of football from Sports Center and the rest is basketball, baseball, golf or nascar.

I'm sorry but I'm just not interested in working on it.

I would but I'm just not a fan of basketball at all. The only thing I like about basketball is the NCAA tournament. Other than that I don't care for it. I have tried working on some basketball stuff for some friends of mine and I just don't like working on it. I think because I hate basketball so much it is just boring to work on basketball stuff.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything I just can't stand basketball at all. This is my least favorite time of the year for sports. I have a love for football that isn't matched by any other sport. I get about 10 minutes of football from Sports Center and the rest is basketball, baseball, golf or nascar.

I'm sorry but I'm just not interested in working on it.

It's all good man, if your not into basketball the project would be no fun and prolly would show in the outcome. That's why the Redskins Art you put out is badass! Thx anyway guys

• 2 weeks later...
I think it looks pretty good. My only complaint is that under 'Mexican Favorites' the text seems really small.

agreed, in my defense: It looks much better at full size (8.5x11)

after looking at in I wish I had put the brown(ish) background on all the sections and not used that odd shaped pic for the buffet section. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts.

I like the over all design of it, but it feels a little crowded to me. It looks good though, well done. I do this for a living and that is the only thing that is bothering me, the text seems to be a bit crowded. Did you have to put that many menu items? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just asking if you had a certain number of items or did your teacher give you those items for the menu? Other than the crowded text I like the rest, I really like what you did with the sign/logo, well done.

Overall = Good Job ;)

I like the over all design of it, but it feels a little crowded to me. It looks good though, well done. I do this for a living and that is the only thing that is bothering me, the text seems to be a bit crowded. Did you have to put that many menu items? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just asking if you had a certain number of items or did your teacher give you those items for the menu? Other than the crowded text I like the rest, I really like what you did with the sign/logo, well done.

Overall = Good Job ;)

Yes, my professor gave us the menu items and everything we were given had to be on the menu. Seemed a bit "crunched" to me also.

Don't ever think you are being mean, if I didnt want to hear opinions and get feedback I certainly wouldnt post anything on the internet for the world to see.

Thanks for taking the time, and that goes for all of you that do.

Yes, my professor gave us the menu items and everything we were given had to be on the menu. Seemed a bit "crunched" to me also.

Don't ever think you are being mean, if I didnt want to hear opinions and get feedback I certainly wouldnt post anything on the internet for the world to see.

Thanks for taking the time, and that goes for all of you that do.

I wish more people would post and get into Graphic design and post here, its not like we'll completely destroy what you post just to be mean.

I know at least Three REALLY good artist that are on this board but don't post. We try to make it so people don't run off but for some reason there are not a lot of people who post. But that's the way it goes I guess

I'm just sensitive! :silly:

I love working with GIMP and PS but, time is rather non-existent. Any 'free time' I might have when not working consists of changing diapers, making bottles, yelling "clean your room", going to the park, dance class, and spending time with the lady. Not that any of that is complaining, just that GFX is now on the backburner.

I'm sure in time I will be able to work with GFX as much as I'd like.

I'll be posting more and more stuff as I get a better handle and understanding of how things work. I am about to undertake my final project for this semester and am certain I'll be leaning on the posters here for feedback and advice.

First things first I have to write a 3 page paper on an artist or designer. Then I have to write a 1 page paper on one of his pieces of work and finally I have to rework a piece theirs. I chose Saul Bass and this:

The-Man-with-the-Golden-Arm-Movie-P.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Did you make the last one from scratch? if you did its a good job.

I also like the first one. Not feeling the second or third I think you could do a better job. The redskins logo in the second one brings the whole thing down. Its a bad cut out. I'm not liking the text in the postcard one the text looks pixelated. When you stretch out text, first convert it to a smart object so it doesn't look so pixelated.

Thanks for the feedback, I've found it's invaluable in my learning and getting better.

The last one is from scratch using a photo for reference. I am really happy with the way that one came out.

The logo in the scrapbook project was actually my professors doing, I wasnt real happy with it but she was and since she's the one doing the grading.

The postcard, I'm not exactly sure what's going on there, the original doesnt look like that. The text is much more crisp.

Archived