Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Misc. Art Thread

I wish I could paint or at least sketch...you're really good swainy.

I like the 72 C10 Mike. Are those in order from oldest to recent?

Thanks. And yes, I do believe they are in order form oldest to most recent, but it has been almost two years so some might be out of order.

Thanks. And yes, I do believe they are in order form oldest to most recent, but it has been almost two years so some might be out of order.

I'm just starting out with sketching, I stink. I want to make a digital portrait of some redskin players but I never took an art class or picked up an art book in my life until a year ago. Did it take you long to make those, I mean how long have you been sketching before you made those?

I'm just starting out with sketching, I stink. I want to make a digital portrait of some redskin players but I never took an art class or picked up an art book in my life until a year ago. Did it take you long to make those, I mean how long have you been sketching before you made those?

Well I started sketching when I was probably in kindergarten or so because my big brother liked to sketch. All of my early one sucked. I would mostly draw cars from the side view because it was easiest. Overtime, I started getting better and eventually started sketching 3/4 views when I was in 8th or 9th grade. With sketching, just like anything else, I have found out you get better the more you do it. I haven't sketched a whole lot recently, but my favorite cars to sketch are 67-72 Chevy/GMC trucks.

Painting things was very hard for me to learn. I took a ton of art classes all 4 years of high school, and it took me until the end of my senior year to start painting decent. I would always just take a single color and paint an entire car my first 3 years and then just go back and draw the details with my pencil rather than painting high and lowlights. If you look at my paintings I posted, you can see how I progressed over half a year, with the 72 C10 being my best painting because it was the last one I did. One thing I still can't paint is glass, so that is why I would always like to crop windows out of the pictures. I will have to see about scanning some of my sketches and posting them up.

Next project: Take out menu for a fake mexican restaurant....

This is the 1st draft but I thought I'd see what you kind folks thought.......

MENULOGO.jpg

I know I need to work on the name, I dont like how it sits.

I was thinking I'd drop the little guy down and center the name.

What say you??

btw: PG, that Avril work is great looking.

The actual wooden sign is a bit blurry. Was it small and you tried to blow it up to a bigger size?

As you said, the text would need to be a bit more centered on the sign but, overall I really love the font and color. I think it fits for what you are trying to do.

I'd also try and blend in the the guy image a bit. He seems kinda just placed on there like a sticker, if that makes sense.

The concept is there, just some small details that need a little TLC.

(I HATE font. I hit sometimes but, generally I never know where to place it, which font to use or color to select, how opaque to make it so it stands out but also for it to not take away from the focal point of the image. It takes time and I can get frustrated with it lol)

Keep working Capt!

The sign was smaller, I hadnt even noticed that I was looking at the content so much. I'll see what I can do about that.

The little guy has been my nemesis all morning. I have been working on getting him to not look like a sticker, with next to no luck.

I'll keep plugging away, I still have the entire rest of the menu to layout. Professor was nice enough to give us a list of available menu items.

Thanks for the input.

It is a cool idea. I like the concept. One thing you need to do is make sure the text goes along with the sign. There are cracks in the sign and you have text going over the cracks. You want to make sure the cracks go through your text so the text looks even more like it was on the sign before it cracked. Does that make since?

You did improve the person there, but the text still looks like a sticker on the sign. Work the text into the sign more and you will have it done. Great work so far.

When you get done can you post the finished menu? I would love to see it.

:point2sky

To LCSF-Soup, thanks for all the Redskins artwork you guys have contributed to the site. I have a nice collection saved that makes up an impressive screen saver. One thing I'm lacking is a decent wall of my other addiction, Syracuse Basketball. Any chance I can get a collab effort on a Syracuse Orange Basketball wall?

If you're interested, I'll let you know what I had in mind and send some photos and PNG images your way like the one below.

WesJohn.png

It is a cool idea. I like the concept. One thing you need to do is make sure the text goes along with the sign. There are cracks in the sign and you have text going over the cracks. You want to make sure the cracks go through your text so the text looks even more like it was on the sign before it cracked. Does that make since?

You did improve the person there, but the text still looks like a sticker on the sign. Work the text into the sign more and you will have it done. Great work so far.

When you get done can you post the finished menu? I would love to see it.

:point2sky

I have been trying to figure out how to work the cracks into the text. As you have probably noticed I have tried to work the text around the cracks as much as possible for this very reason. Any tips on how to accomplish this particular objective?

I absolutely can and will post the finished product. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend.

Didn't think this threa would get any attention. Glad I was wrong, a lot of great artists are on this board. WHERE the heck have all of you been??? With you guys would post more, I really like all of this stuff and I know others will too.

----------------------------------------

to diggs43

I don't know if left has time to do a collab, he does a lot of freelance stuff and he's usually busy. Maybe skinzfan0007 could do something, I'm kinda curious to see what kinda of sports stuff he can make.

I have been trying to figure out how to work the cracks into the text. As you have probably noticed I have tried to work the text around the cracks as much as possible for this very reason. Any tips on how to accomplish this particular objective?

I absolutely can and will post the finished product. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend.

First off, are you using Photoshop? If you are, do you know about masks? It can be done but the technique is a little advanced. Let me know if you are using Photoshop and I will do my best at explaining how to use masks. I like the idea, great job.

First off, are you using Photoshop? If you are, do you know about masks? It can be done but the technique is a little advanced. Let me know if you are using Photoshop and I will do my best at explaining how to use masks. I like the idea, great job.

I have the CS4 Design Premium package (only using PS, Ill and InDesign so far)

We touched on masks but I dont have alot of experience using them just yet. Any tips you (or anyone else) want to throw my way will be greatly appreciated. I have spent alot of time lately googling tutorials and learning different techniques. I also have been spending time on a couple Graphic Design forums but havent found one I really like yet.

Thanks again for the input!

After you know the size of your text is correct you can make that text a layer then just cut away where the cracks intersect with the txt

I don't know if left has time to do a collab, he does a lot of freelance stuff and he's usually busy. Maybe skinzfan0007 could do something, I'm kinda curious to see what kinda of sports stuff he can make.

That's cool if you guys can't collab, worth a shot. I should prolly just start a thread to improve my chances of finding someone who wants to give it a shot.

Archived