Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar and Dukes

Gibbsisgod2006

I don't think Lavar hates the redskins - I actually think he loves the fans and the franchise but has a big problem with snyder.

I really think he does. He enjoys when the Redskins lose so he can keep talking about Dan Snyder. If the Skins start winning he will have nothing to talk about. IMO, he pretends to care about the team to appeal to the DC fanbase.

I really don't understand why Lavar is not doing a show in Pittsburgh. He loves the Steelers and Penn State. Or how about New York, the city that saved him from the evil Washington Redskins organization? He really needs to just go somewhere else. He is not a Redskin anymore.

:ols: He said he'd quit and couldn't bear to talk about the Redskins if they had signed Peppers.

Lavar didn't want them to sign Peppers because he thought it would be more of the same, which it would.

No their was another moment right before Rich Campbell came on or right around that time and said that he wouldn't be surprise if the Redskins didn't sign someone right after midnight and that would bet his career on it.

What ticked me off was that these guys were talking about "more of the same" when the 'Skins hadn't signed a SINGLE guy. Nobody from the team had even talked about signing anyone, and they automatically go for: well, they cut 10 guys so that must mean that they are going to spend that money on Peppers. Most of the crowd in the Give-Allen-and-Shanahan-a-Chance camp have been explaining that you cannot assume that what happened under Vinny and Snyder will happen under Allen and Shanahan.

I really like LaVar, but sometimes he just doesn't think. I hope that he does some serious crow eating this afternoon.

He fills a need. All the fans that tune into this crap are the ones on this board ****ing and moaning all day about Snyder. He uses this frustration to justify his vendetta against the redskins. Some of you are so pathetic...

I listen and don't B&M.

I think these guys are better than the alternative, merely a different flavor.

That is why peppers signed with the bears, LaVar plz dont quit ur the absolute greatest talk show ever and ur opinion on every sport is so justified because of your amazing career in all of them. I just hate how he talks about basketball, and relates it to his football career, or baseball or hockey. I listen because I love the redskins but I hate how he bashes the organization, the players like himself are never held responsible for their actions.

I really think he does. He enjoys when the Redskins lose so he can keep talking about Dan Snyder. If the Skins start winning he will have nothing to talk about. IMO, he pretends to care about the team to appeal to the DC fanbase.

I really don't understand why Lavar is not doing a show in Pittsburgh. He loves the Steelers and Penn State. Or how about New York, the city that saved him from the evil Washington Redskins organization? He really needs to just go somewhere else. He is not a Redskin anymore.

he did, and it failed. or at least he got a better offere to come here. he was on XM/Sirius

he'll fail here. 106.7 got extremely lucky - the redskins not only sucked this year, but looked completely inept and disfunctional. tack on the washington posts take on 'ticket gate' (lol...) and 106.7 had exactly what they wanted - the fan base almost completely against the redskins.

if the fans start get behind the team again, and start to think its actually headed in a good direction, they'll change their toon.

which is why I consider them all hacks. They'll sit there and bash the skins for 2 1/2 hours, then have 2 players on air and go in ac ompletely different direction.

the bottom line is there are no reporters on 106.7 except for wise, and he's an idiot. the whole station is 'color commentary'. after a while it gets old. i bet i could pretty accurately predict all of their positions (from each of the shows) on any given topic. thats how pathetic its gotten.

I listent to espn 980 for my news, and for obscur yet backed opinions. I listen to 106.7 when nothing else is on and i need a laugh...

Gotta a give it to them they have changed their tune today? They are quickly earning back the respect I almost lost yesterday.

They are being objective and giving Allen and Shanahan a lot of credit right now.

They're a joke.

They're doing what they think the fans are thinking - nothing more. If the fans hated the moves, they'd be the first to bash. If they thought the fans would like the moves, they'll be the first to applaud.

They're hollow opinions. They don't have any insight, or any real knowledge. They're just trying to spit out what they think we want to hear.

In Lavar's show they asked Randle El about Snyder and this is what Randle El had to say..... Lavar wanted Randle to talk rubbish about Snyder, but Randle is a character guy to not to stoop down.... class act Randle.. it did not work out here, but you were a good football player... Good Luck!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/03/randle_el_compares_the_redskin.html

Is Snyder a good owner?

"I think Dan is a great owner," Randle El said. "When I say great, I mean in every sense of great. Dan just has to continue to get back to that comfort zone. Dan needs to know that who I hired, I can sit back and let them run the show, and I think that's one of the things that he's gonna do here with Mike and Bruce being at the helm."

Arrington said that he obviously disagrees, but that possibly Snyder has changed.

"Hey LaVar, I can say that," Randle El said. "He has grown from when you was playing and when he was bringing in Deion and different guys. It was almost like he wanted to go and get 'em, go and get 'em, go and get 'em. Now he sees it a little better than he did when you were playing. Believe me."

in lavar's show they asked randle el about snyder and this is what randle el had to say..... Lavar wanted randle to talk rubbish about snyder, but randle is a character guy to not to stoop down.... Class act randle.. It did not work out here, but you were a good football player... Good luck!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/03/randle_el_compares_the_redskin.html

is snyder a good owner?

"i think dan is a great owner," randle el said. "when i say great, i mean in every sense of great. Dan just has to continue to get back to that comfort zone. Dan needs to know that who i hired, i can sit back and let them run the show, and i think that's one of the things that he's gonna do here with mike and bruce being at the helm."

arrington said that he obviously disagrees, but that possibly snyder has changed.

"hey lavar, i can say that," randle el said. "he has grown from when you was playing and when he was bringing in deion and different guys. It was almost like he wanted to go and get 'em, go and get 'em, go and get 'em. Now he sees it a little better than he did when you were playing. Believe me."

randle el is a good dude

I think LaVar and Chad Dukes are usually entertaining. Sure they have a perspective (Bashing Danny Boy - BTW, I loved the reference to him as a Keebler Elf today - that was funny), and sometimes they go overboard, but I'm glad I have two stations instead of one. I'm guessing I do the same thing as most everyone else does - I go between the two stations, usually switching whenever there is a commercial or if the hosts get annoying.

Such is life for radio broadcasting. I certainly don't hate the pair, then again I don't hate the folks on the other channel either. Bottom line, I find them entertaining occasionally, and yeah, sometimes I like hearing people bash Snyder.

I can't stand that. Lavar is a lifelong Steelers fan who hates the Redskins, and yet he tries to be some kind of Redskins spokesperson. Like he's the voice of the fans or something. Lavar, please leave DC and go do a show in your beloved Pittsburgh.

Chad Dukes is the worst radio personality I have ever heard in my entire life. How does someone so unknowledgable and annoying become the host of a sports radio show in Washington DC?

Dukes is Lavar's bedwench. There to kiss his butt.

I do think Lavar is posing when he says he is a Redskins fan. There is no way he is a fan the way he constantly hates on the team. The recent interviews conducted with the just released players just confirmed my beliefs. Trying to bait the recently released players into bashing Snyder on moves made by the new coach and GM is petty/weak.

I pretty much tuned Lavar out before December as I quickly tired of his act. He is of course entitled to speak his mind on the team, I just wish he would stop hiding behind the facade of 'he's a skins fan' because he isn't. He is a scorned ex-player who can't get over his bitterness of how he and the team parted ways. :obvious:

I wonder how they're going to bash the Redskins for not going after Julius Peppers or Antrel Rolle? :rolleyes:

They're such tools, and Lavar is a bitter never was who disgraces the Redskins team by even trying to associate himself with us. He was never a true Redskin, ever.

Archived