Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT/ESPN-Report: Redskins interested in Leonard Little(merged)

TGW21

Could Little play DE in a 3-4 do you guys think?

For anyone asking these silly questions about guys playing DE in a 3-4 ask yourselves this simple question.. Is he at least 285 pounds? Most DEs in a 3-4 are at the very least that heavy and usually have good height too. Preferably you want all three of your guys on the defensive line in a 3-4 to be at least 300 pounds. Lightest guy along the Steelers defensive line is Aaron smith at 298. Lightest guy along the dallas cowboys is 309 pounds.

Little is 267 according to NFL.com

Well thank you for the condescending response. I was uncertain of the build quality needed for a 3-4 DE and I didn't know Little's height and weight.

It wouldnt have taken long to find that info on your own either, if you didnt already know the basics for the 3-4. As for Little himself, it would have taken 1 trip to NFL.com to see how big he was and what kind of player he is. There may not be any stupid questions, but there are lazy ones.

I keep a couple links handy in case I dont know anything about a certain player.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

http://www.nfl.com/

Maybe I can help correct what seems to be a mountain of misinformation in this thread.

Little plays LDE, not RDE.

He was drafted as a LB, but only started to enjoy success in the NFL when made a DE. He was a good pursuit end vs. the run, but too often took himself out of the running plays directed to his area by focusing on his pass rush. Hard to say how much of that was scheme or lack of instincts.

One of the quickest first steps I've ever seen when in his prime, and on the rare occasions he's healthy these days, he still flashes. He can still get to the QB when he's got his legs.

He can't play OLB in a 3-4. Little was caught in space a few times in Spags zone blitz packages, and it wasn't pretty!

He didn't cop a second DUI. In the second instance, the arresting officer's partner, who was present at the scene, completely refuted the arresting officer's testimony, and all other evidence available exonerated Little. It's generally conceded that the arresting officer, based on his history, was a bit of a cowboy, and may have been out of line. Little was found not guilty. I'll concede that Little did not use good judgement by even having one drink, given his past, and getting behind the wheel.

Little made a horrible mistake early in his life. A woman died. He has to live with that forever. Apparently, he wasn't a big drinker, but was out with some friends and team-mates for his birthday. They were buying him drinks. He made some bad decisions that night that ended in tragedy.

I'd hardly call him a scum bag, in the traditional sense of the term. He's spoken at schools about his mistake, and seems remorseful.

Where he ends up, or if he's done, I don't know.

Just thought I'd clean up some of the facts in this thread.

I'll add a couple things to Littles history as well. He was probably the 2nd best DE Tennessee ever had (after Reggie White) but was moved to LB his Sr year because of his small size and it was thought it would help him in the draft. He stuggled there however. He ran a sub 4.5 40 while in school and was the fastest guy on the team.

Funny that this comes up. I was just thinking we should sign an over-the-hill, big name free agent with a questionable history. You know, for a change of pace.

Yep. And hopefully he'll get way more money than he would have with any other team, and then under-perform. That would be awesome.

Maybe I can help correct what seems to be a mountain of misinformation in this thread.

He was drafted as a LB, but only started to enjoy success in the NFL when made a DE. He was a good pursuit end vs. the run, but too often took himself out of the running plays directed to his area by focusing on his pass rush. Hard to say how much of that was scheme or lack of instincts.

One of the quickest first steps I've ever seen when in his prime, and on the rare occasions he's healthy these days, he still flashes. He can still get to the QB when he's got his legs.

He can't play OLB in a 3-4. Little was caught in space a few times in Spags zone blitz packages, and it wasn't pretty!

He didn't cop a second DUI. In the second instance, the arresting officer's partner, who was present at the scene, completely refuted the arresting officer's testimony, and all other evidence available exonerated Little. It's generally conceded that the arresting officer, based on his history, was a bit of a cowboy, and may have been out of line. Little was found not guilty. I'll concede that Little did not use good judgement by even having one drink, given his past, and getting behind the wheel.

Little made a horrible mistake early in his life. A woman died. He has to live with that forever. Apparently, he wasn't a big drinker, but was out with some friends and team-mates for his birthday. They were buying him drinks. He made some bad decisions that night that ended in tragedy.

I'd hardly call him a scum bag, in the traditional sense of the term. He's spoken at schools about his mistake, and seems remorseful.

Nicely written, but try to sell this B.S. to the ladies family! He's a scum bag!

Are you serious? :laugh: Little is a 4-3 RDE. Basically he's Andre Carter.

Correction. Basically he is Andre Carter without 11 sacks. In fact, this would be basically Bruce Smith all over again. An aging defensive end who takes the outside pass rush on every play in an effort to get 1 last sack to enter the record books. "Damn the running plays. I'm gonna get me a QB sack even if they run to my side and get a 20 yard run and TD"

A very nice spin, I'll admit.

However, he killed someone and then continued to drink and drive. I don't know about you, but remorse to me means never, ever putting yourself in that position again.

He didn't.

It wouldnt have taken long to find that info on your own either, if you didnt already know the basics for the 3-4. As for Little himself, it would have taken 1 trip to NFL.com to see how big he was and what kind of player he is. There may not be any stupid questions, but there are lazy ones.

I keep a couple links handy in case I dont know anything about a certain player.

If everyone looked up everything up wouldn't it negate most of the need for a forum?

A very nice spin, I'll admit.

However, he killed someone and then continued to drink and drive. I don't know about you, but remorse to me means never, ever putting yourself in that position again.

He didn't.

Nicely written, but try to sell this B.S. to the ladies family! He's a scum bag!

Wow I wonder how it feels to wake up every morning and be as completely perfect and amazing as both of you. Freaking get over yourselves!

Neither of you actually know what happened that night either time so comments like this make both of you look completely asinine. Surely a police officer never abused his upstanding moral in the public eye before. No never. As far as the initial incident, it was extremely terrible what happened. Living with something like that has to be so difficult. But if this happened to your son or daughter, brother or sister, mother or father, Im sure both of you would chastise them, never speak to them again and hate them for the rest of your life.

Then why are you even here? I made the comment so others can discuss it. Perhaps everyone needs your approval before writing anything?

Archived