Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many wins will our new coaching staff be worth?

21MadFan

I was thinking about this earlier and I truly believe that the coaching staff that we have put in place could be worth atleast 3 extra wins next year. That would put us at 7-9. I am not expecting a full turn around next year with all the rebuilding that will be going on but I think we will be much more competetive. What do you guys think?

I don't think your prediction is unreasonable but I believe it's far too early to tell. We don't know if we're going to have a vet like JC or a rookie starting at QB. We don't know if Chris Samuels or Randy Thomas will be starting on the OL for us. Clinton Portis still hasn't been cleared so we don't know what our running game is going to look like.

Assuming all things are the same plus a few draft picks I think you're probably right that we'll squeeze out 2-4 more wins but it's really hard to even guess without knowing what our roster is going to look like.

I don't think your prediction is unreasonable but I believe it's far too early to tell. We don't know if we're going to have a vet like JC or a rookie starting at QB. We don't know if Chris Samuels or Randy Thomas will be starting on the OL for us. Clinton Portis still hasn't been cleared so we don't know what our running game is going to look like.

Assuming all things are the same plus a few draft picks I think you're probably right that we'll squeeze out 2-4 more wins but it's really hard to even guess without knowing what our roster is going to look like.

Couldn't agree more. I was just curious as to what people thought Shannahan and the rest of his staffs value to this team might be.

Quite a few, I don't think people realize how poorly prepared and coached this team has been. At least 3, maybe 5. Like someone said, we did lose many games by few points.

Man your so right about this. We really did not have any offense this year None. There is no way Shan would put up with all those check downs. We will win 10 games easy rookie QB or not, Shan has never been part of losing team and he won't start now.

If you look at a lot of the games, we were not really horrible. We hung in a lot of the games and getting an O-line and some actual coaching and preperation will go a long way. I won't say playoffs or anything, but I think we will be a LOT better.

If you look at a lot of the games, we were not really horrible.

No our offense was horrible. It was hard to watch without wanting to physically assault someone.This year we will be a completely different team even tho we have a lot of the same players. Like I said before, if Zorn was a Doctor he would of been sued for Malpractice.

I was thinking about this earlier and I truly believe that the coaching staff that we have put in place could be worth atleast 3 extra wins next year. That would put us at 7-9. I am not expecting a full turn around next year with all the rebuilding that will be going on but I think we will be much more competetive. What do you guys think?

It depends what way they go. If they start a rookie QB or make sweeping changes in the youth direction there could be only mild improvement. If they stick pretty much with the roster as is with some vet FAs added in the could be 9-7 next year.

I would have to say with no personel changes we would go 6-10.

But the vibes coming out of the front office indicate there will be some players gone, and new ones starting. So in that case I am looking for at least 8-8, maybe 9-7.

The two biggest things I want to see, is a sweep of the Cowboys, and I dont ever want to see an embarrising performance on MNF/SNF again.

Archived