Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it just me or has anyone else heard SF wants our 4th for Eric Berry? (MET)

Shaniesbunch

Has anyone heard the speculation that San Fran wants our 4th pick for Eric Berry? Berry seems like a perfect fit for Singletary's system. If they want him bad enough you think they'd be willing give up their 13th and 17th picks. If they offered a deal like that it would be a prime opportunity for us to get a athletic kind of guy (CJ Spiller) and the best LT availible. Does anyone think this is too wishful of thinking? Because I think Berry's one of those players that you can pass up if your looking to build a defense like the 9ers are doing.

I have not heard that, but I would definetly jump on it. Another interesting note, is that I have been frequenting Draft message boards that are not team specificic. On all those boards it seems that everyone believes the skins will either take Okung or draft down, and most see Bradford and Clausen sliding...

Just saying it is interesting to hear opinions from outside the Redskins bubble.

The value doesn't match up. 13 and 17 would be worth more than 4 so they would really have to want Berry.

I personally would take this deal but it means we wouldn't get Bradford. If we want Bradford then we can't make this trade.

Also, we'd obviously need Berry to still be on the board at #4, and since it looks like Suh and McCoy are the 1 and 2 right now, Tampa Bay looks like a more logical trade partner for SF than us.

I think it's pure 49ers board speculation...

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/1/19/1258264/100-in-100-eric-berry-8-of-100

Most people believe that Eric Berry is the 2nd best player entering the 2010 NFL Draft; some even believe that he is the top rated player in the Nation. Even though the consensus has been both of those two scenarios, a lot of folks think that he won't be drafted any higher than the 5th overall pick because of the position he plays. There has been a lot of debate regarding where and who Eric Berry will be selected by. Some of the kind people here at Niners Nation have even mentioned trading up to get this potentially great future NFL player.

I was listening SVP on espn 950 in Richmond the other day and the subject was brought up. I know we'd have to give something in return but if the situation arose we would have to take a deal like that. Give them the 4th and our 2nd round for their 2 first rounds. Plus svp being a huge redskins fan, I would find it hard to believe that it would be complete specluation.

I'd also like to see a link or something.

Even if it were for one of SF's 1st round picks and some second/third rounders I'd expect us to take the deal. I hope Mike and Bruce fleece some poor front office.

Here is the chart:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

mattTVC3.jpg

There two 1st rounders would equal our 2nd and 1st.... Not sure that is worth it, especially not with a potential franchise QB sitting there when we do not have one.

I was listening SVP on espn 950 in Richmond the other day and the subject was brought up. I know we'd have to give something in return but if the situation arose we would have to take a deal like that. Give them the 4th and our 2nd round for their 2 first rounds. Plus svp being a huge redskins fan, I would find it hard to believe that it would be complete specluation.

SF: 13th (1500) and 17th (1300)= 2800

WAS: 4th (2400) and 36th (720) = 3120

They would still owe us 320, if the chart was stuck to strictly... There 3rd round pick is worth 350, which we put is close to enough. So the deal would be #4 and #36 for #13, #17, and #79.

Or just the #4 (2400)

#13 (1500) + #47 (610) + #79 (450) = 2560

#17 (1300) + #47 (610) + #79 (450) = 2360

We would have #13/#17, #36, #47, and #79

They would have #4 and #17

If its for #13 and #17, I don't care who is left on the board, we would be downright retarded to not take that offer.

In all likelihood, we'd have to throw in at least a 3rd(which we don't have), or more likely swap 2nds.

Imagine what we could do with that. Baluga would most likely last till 13, unless he has a monster combine and Okung and Davis suck big time. Davis too might be available but since he's the 2nd best OT and Okung is losing steam as we get closer to April, he'll probably go Top 10.

Then we could still draft Iupati and maybe even Bruce Campbell. Campbell has an injury history, but physically he's the most gifted OT. If he panned out we could use him at LT and Baluga at RT with Iupati mauling people as a guard. Hello Competent Offense.

Then I guess we trade the #4 pick for the entire 7th round. That should just about equal out the value chart.

Damn drunk math. I guess #4 is worth 6th AND 7th round

7th round is worth 888, roughly 1/3 of our pick... I see your point though. 8-8 teams are looking to win now and would prefer quality over quantity, so it may not be quite as skewed as your are painting.

];7279306']If its for #13 and #17' date=' I don't care who is left on the board, we would be downright retarded to not take that offer.

In all likelihood, we'd have to throw in at least a 3rd(which we don't have), or more likely swap 2nds.

Imagine what we could do with that. Baluga would most likely last till 13, unless he has a monster combine and Okung and Davis suck big time. Davis too might be available but since he's the 2nd best OT and Okung is losing steam as we get closer to April, he'll probably go Top 10.

Then we could still draft Iupati and maybe even Bruce Campbell. Campbell has an injury history, but physically he's the most gifted OT. If he panned out we could use him at LT and Baluga at RT with Iupati mauling people as a guard. Hello Competent Offense.[/quote']

"Competent"........ Did you forget the guy in your sig would be our signal caller? Maybe competent works, but deep playoff bound...not so much.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291018028

Succop's leg lifts Chiefs to first victory; Redskins bench QB Campbell

The Kansas City Chiefs are winless no more. Neither is coach Todd Haley, who earned victory No. 1 with an assist from the last player taken in this year's draft. Ryan Succop kicked four field goals in Sunday's 14-6 win over the Washington Redskins, whose season is tanking toward oblivion because of losses to winless teams.

Let us not forgot Portis (everyone's let us get rid of this guy ASAP) also broke a 78 yard run in this game.

Let us think about this, Portis...78 yard run, defense...no TDs allowed, Haley and winless KC gets 1st victory...in WAS.

You know who else might be in the market to trade up for our #4 pick to draft Berry... The Ravens!

According to PFT, Ed Reed's pinched nerve has gotten worse, in addition to other injuries. He was already considering hangin 'em up this offseason, and now that appears even more likely. I'm not quite sure what picks they could offer us, but I guess I'm being lazy. Point is, they might want to scoop this kid up to become the heir apparent for a pivotal cog in their aggressive Defense.

They would still owe us 320, if the chart was stuck to strictly... There 3rd round pick is worth 350, which we put is close to enough. So the deal would be #4 and #36 for #13, #17, and #79.

Or just the #4 (2400)

It would have to be 13 for me. If they want to move up to get their guy, it will cost them a little extra.

I'd love a trade like this. Gives us an extra 2nd and 3rd, not to mention a still solid pick in the first.

Or just the #4 (2400)

Just FWIW, we have the #37 pick, not #36. We rotate with KC every round after the first.

Archived