Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lost Dog and Cat Rescue

HRNY4ZRNY

Greeting's Redskin's fans

My fiance has a page in her name taking donation's for lost dog and cat rescue. So far I'm the only one who has donated... She sent it out to many people and no one has donated thus far.

I just wanted to post the link to see if anyone would care to donate to a great cause. Here is the link for the page. This is a secure site, all funds go straight to the foundation. http://www.firstgiving.com/amandabrittle

Any amount of money would be great. 5-10 bucks would really help. Just thought I would throw it out to my Redskin's bretheren. Thanks to all that donate. My fiance and I truly appreciate it, the dogs and cats will too.

Here are some pups you will be helping. Check out "Chiquito"--- Around the 30th from the top.http://www.lostdogandcatrescue.org/main/pets.asp?status=1

So far we have raised $175... Thanks to Judy B., ForOldDC, DaBear, Perturbed, SmoothCoconut, Landy, Dawn, Tom (Giants Fan), B-rad, John Lydon and MSJHWT.

the_cutest_dog_in_the_world_by_claytes.jpg

We've gotten all five of our current pets from LDCR. They're a caring, hard-working group, run mostly with volunteer support. They're a no-kill outfit, which is one of the considerations that first drew us to them.

We got our 3 legged dog their and he is still the fastest dog in the dog park. He lowers his head and runs into other dogs. We wanted to get him a Sean Taylor jersey.

Sounds like a great cause. We need more places like this.

Heck, maybe here is the place to post my probelm with my cat:

6 years old with all shots and front declawed still talks like the siamese litter he was found with (black and white medium hair so not siamese)- pees in the room next to his liter box and around our house for about 6 months now. We've taken him to the vet. We've treated him for a UTI. We've gone the pheramone route... He still pees in our basement, in rooms other than his litter.

Odd part: While we were having our basement redone, he spent 3 months at a friends house. Never went outside the litter. Came home and two weeks later started up again. :mad:

Now we're getting rid of him. Any hope other than putting him to sleep? I called one rescue that said there are too many cats needing homes to take one with a history of peeing outside of litter. I'll hate to put him down. He's a great cat who gets along with dogs and kids, but I guess not our house.:(

Any places likely to take him?

6 years old with all shots and front declawed still talks like the siamese litter he was found with (black and white medium hair so not siamese)- pees in the room next to his liter box and around our house for about 6 months now. We've taken him to the vet. We've treated him for a UTI. We've gone the pheramone route... He still pees in our basement, in rooms other than his litter.

Odd part: While we were having our basement redone, he spent 3 months at a friends house. Never went outside the litter. Came home and two weeks later started up again. :mad:

Now we're getting rid of him. Any hope other than putting him to sleep? I called one rescue that said there are too many cats needing homes to take one with a history of peeing outside of litter. I'll hate to put him down. He's a great cat who gets along with dogs and kids, but I guess not our house.:(

You first have to donate before you will get an answer.

It's none of my business and you didn't ask me so I apologize if you don't care what I have to say.

I just think there has to be a better option than to put the cat down over that one issue. I understand it's a bad issue but I would think at the very least you could put up with it long enough to find someone willing to adopt the cat.

I'm not a cat person at all but the thought of a cat being put to sleep over an issue related to peeing makes me kind of sad.

I was sent the following from my rescue organization today. It is being passed to all rescues so I thought I would add it here.

PLEASE CROSS POST* To all Shelters, Rescue Groups & Individuals posting pets on Craig's List Nationwide DNA

Richard Hayden of Fairbanks Alaska, IS A DANGEROUS CON MAN SEEKING HELPLESS DOGS IN THE U.S. AND POSING AS DEDICATED ANIMAL LOVER WANTING TO ADOPT. HE HAS KILLED 'MANY' DOGS. PLEAE READ THIS ALERT. HE IS CURRENTLY HEADING TO ORLAND FL ON JAN.20. HE GETS THESE POOR DOGS THRU CRAIG'S LIST POSTINGS FROM SHELTERS, RESCUE ORG'S AND INDIVIDUALS. NOONE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING TO THESE ANIMALS, BUT THE DOGS HE GETS THRU CRAIG'S LIST HAVE ALL DIED. HE IS CURRENTLY ADVERTISING A BOGUS CRAIG'S LIST AD LOOKING TO ADOPT A FEMALE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG APPROX. 5-9 YRS. OLD TO TAKE BACK WITH HIM TO ALASKA. BUT THE DOG WILL DIE!!! BELOW IS HIS PERSONAL CONTACT INFO. CROSSPOST... CROSSPOST. ..CROSSPOST! !!! HE MUST BE STOPPED!

*Phone number: 907-378-2807 907-378-2807 *Email: flyingrichard@ hotmail.com (at hotmail.com)

Richard Hayden is currently seeking dogs throughout the US, from rescue groups, shelters, and from private individuals via sites like Craigslist.

Rescues and shelters are often impressed that he is willing to adopt at such a long distance and assume that someone willing to spend so much money to get a dog must be a good home. According to some of his information he lives in an RV with three German Shepherds. In other applications he states he lives in a house with a yard. Sometimes he says he has one dog, in other cases no dogs.

He is an experienced con man and knows what to say and how to work the system. He has groups of devoted followers on Internet forums who think they know him and believe that he’s a good home.

The truth is very different..

He has adopted countless dogs that have since disappeared. At least 3 dogs from rescues have died within weeks of arrival in Alaska. He told the rescues that two of them died of cancer (after being in perfect health and vet checked prior to sending) but he has been unwilling to produce any veterinary references to support his claims. The third dog supposedly drowned. He has adopted several other dogs from Anchorage and Fairbanks animal control that have since disappeared. He has potentially gotten many other dogs from Craigslist and similar sites.

He usually has multiple ads in different cities running. He will typically back off when rescues and shelters request a home visit or reference checks but is savvy to adoption screening systems and is good at manipulating well-meaning people to pull dogs for him.

He flies a small plane and sometimes comes for dogs himself, in other cases he has them shipped to Alaska.

He prefers German Shepherds, but is known to have taken Labs, Pit Bulls, and a Malamute mix. The dogs he gets are always large breed spayed females.

He prefers dogs that are overweight with passive, docile temperaments.

Please cross-post widely!

It is especially important to warn shelters who may not typically receive these alerts, or be as likely to do the home visits and veterinary reference checks that would immediately expose this person.

A few questions:

Did your friend use a different litter or litter box?

Did your friend clean the litter box more frequently that you do?

What room is the litter box in? Have you removed all previous peeing spots with something similar to natures miracle etc? Is he neutered?

Call local cat rescues to see if they can help. One might be full but others should be able to help or take him to a no kill shelter.

Wow thats weird. Reminds me of the movie Beehtoven with the evil scientist getting dogs to experiment on.

(Girlfriend made me watch it like 2 weeks ago on HBO)

Good info will pass it on.

I am the Director of Adoptions for www.basetcare.org

Unfortunately people do this for multiple reasons. It could be something as simple as a hoarder to a fighting ring and they steal or use other unwanted pets as bait. I do not want to gross you out so I will stop there.

I am the Director of Adoptions for www.basetcare.org

Unfortunately people do this for multiple reasons. It could be something as simple as a hoarder to a fighting ring and they steal or use other unwanted pets as bait. I do not want to gross you out so I will stop there.

I've read that people should never post "Dog Free to Good Home" ads for just that reason.

It's such a shame that on top of the crazy amounts of homeless pets out there that you have to worry about these sickos getting their hands on the poor animals.

FWIW he must have disconnected his phone.

Archived