Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about RB LeGarrette Blount in the 4th Round?

TGW21

He physically assualted someone and then went after fans, luckily security stepped in. Other people get time in the lock-up for that.

The other is Claussen.

It wasn't unprovoked. He snapped after being provoked. The other guy was classless for grabbing him then screaming in his face.

It wasn't called for, but if he had been unprovoked, I'd say never play college again, but it wasn't unprovoked. Then again, he did keep going after people. He was mad, but the only person he punched was the guy who provoked him... and he lost it...

The guy has size and skills, but he's no Jamal Lewis... 5th rounder...

Because the last thing we need is a RB who goes around punching players better than him after his team loses.

There are far better backs to be had in the draft. Best, Gerhart, etc. I'd rather draft one of them even if it meant drafting them a bit higher, so long as we walked out the draft with an ample amount of OL.

It wasn't unprovoked. He snapped after being provoked. The other guy was classless for grabbing him then screaming in his face.

It wasn't called for, but if he had been unprovoked, I'd say never play college again, but it wasn't unprovoked. Then again, he did keep going after people. He was mad, but the only person he punched was the guy who provoked him... and he lost it...

Blount popped off at the mouth the week before the game and talked all kinds of trash. If he's man enough to do that, he should be man enough to take a bit of ribbing after the game. Fair's fair. To punch someone in the face for a bit of comeuppance is uncalled for.

I would love for the Skins to take a flyer on Blount. I can think of a lot worse picks to make.

If he somehow proves that he is terrible sorry, acknowledges what a moronic move that was, and convinces the brass that he has truly learned...maybe. I would still rather take Gerhart, McKnight, Best, Spiller, Dwyer, Hardesty, and Charles Scott first.

I agree completely the guy was being a prick for getting in his face, but Blount talked a SERIOUS amount of trash before the game. The fact it was an utter sucker punch and then went after fans.... Just no way I could let him on this team.

Watch this:

Pathetic, Disgraceful, Unfathomable

Jahvid Best, Toby Gerhart, too many other good RBs available. If he's the best one out there when we're up to pick and we get him, I hope him the best. I just think there are too many other good backs out there that didn't get into trouble off the field.

Would love to get Jhaved Best and Toby or Blount. That would be a great tandem.

Would love to get Jhaved Best and Toby or Blount. That would be a great tandem.

Portis in combo with anyone but Blount would be a dynamic duo. Blount would but I cannot get over his actions. I do not want that guy anywhere near burgundy and gold. Portis pounding and grinding his way and then install a Joe McKnight or Best and the defense would have to change gears. Or just pound and pound and pound with Portis and Gerhart, like the Jets but better. Defense would eventually just give up and let the points start racking up.

Frohm the Senior Bowl- Re: Blount

• It is becoming clear that Oregon’s LeGarrette Blount is the best running back in Mobile. Once again Blount proved what a strong, tough, powerful runner he is while also showing the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-127.php

I think people are being a little extreme with the hate for Blount. The kid lost his temper thats a known fact but hes not a thug or a psycho. The fact is were looking for football players not candidates for the priesthood. Blount made a mistake a mistake he paid for with games during his last year and with the loss of being a day 1 pick. To be this closed minded is completely uncalled for and short-sighted. Blount has the potential to be a bonafide steal in the draft and Be one hell of a running back. And i would be more than happy to take a flyer on him in the 4th round id say 3rd if we had it becuase i know there will be another team that will be less worried about the one issue hes had and take a later roll on him and get a good back for taking that chance.

Those who are calling the punch an isolated incident are familiar with Blount's other issues, I hope? Mike Bellotti suspended him multiple times for team rule infractions while he was still the head coach. The guys a punk with a history of poor behavior on and off the field.

Okay he messed up and punched a guy who was ragging on him

He definitely has talent. The issue, I think, isn't just that he punched that guy. I think even some people could have overlooked that punch (though it never happens after games, and I'm sure that opponent wasn't the first to ever talk smack after a game) if he had just been restrained and left the field.

But he then got into it with fans and had to be physically restrained from attacking fans in the stands. He was this close to going Artest. He was pretty much dragged into the locker room. That is a far, far cry from simply throwing one punch in anger.

it was one punch, this happens its football, albert hanyesworth punched brandon jacops, santana moss and aaron ross deangelo hall and brandon jacops, sean taylor spit on somebody. why we acting like our current players have so much class, i for one do not care. If he had not been so big and knocked him out would we even be still talking about it. Granted it was a cheap shot, but who cares the man is a lot like steven davis and running people over is something i personally miss. That gives the team a whole type of personality, like we are going to smash you in the mouth every play, how great would that be??

as much as i'd love to have him, we wont get him for a fourth. He is impressing at the senior bowl so i bet you he gets taken earlier. like a 2nd

Only 64 players will be selected in the first two rounds. Besides the players that were already projected to go in rounds 1 and 2, there will be more that will rise and fall as the bowl games, combine, and visits complete.

Running backs, in particular, get selected later than expected every year. Look at McCoy last year: he was considered a top 3 back and yet he went at the end of round 2.

With his performance this week, I'd expect him to be available in round 3 or 4. If he plays bad in the Senior Bowl or times badly at the combine, he could fall even further.

My 1st choice is CJ Spiller. But if we could get Blount in later rds I would be all for it. Ive been begging to get a RB to replace Betts for years now just to watch teams like Dallas get Barber, Jones, and Choice. Hopefully this is the year we draft a back...there are too many young talents out there not to.

AMEN to that.....you and me both. Ive been wanting a new fresh RB for a minute now. Im at the point where I dont even care which RB we get (I really like Spiller and Best though), as long as it's one of the higer tier RBs....

Projections are pretty much useless.

Tom Brady

Marcus Colston

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Zach Thomas

Terrell Davis

(Need I say More?)

actually you should say less. you listed some good names. five of them, in fact. and theres roughly 250 drafted every year. knock out the first three-four rounds and thats about 150 every year. now going back to 1995, when davis was picked, is 15 drafts. so take how many drafts (15) times how many fourth and later round picks per year (150) and you have 2250 players drafted. so you picked five players out of 2250 that became above average players....

awesome job.

He definitely has talent. The issue, I think, isn't just that he punched that guy. I think even some people could have overlooked that punch (though it never happens after games, and I'm sure that opponent wasn't the first to ever talk smack after a game) if he had just been restrained and left the field.

But he then got into it with fans and had to be physically restrained from attacking fans in the stands. He was this close to going Artest. He was pretty much dragged into the locker room. That is a far, far cry from simply throwing one punch in anger.

Does anyone know what exactly was said to trigger him? What exactly happened with that fan? Sometimes as fans, we feel like we can say and do whatever we want to the athletes and they are supposed to just take it..ie drunk fan throws a beer at and hits Artest.

He is a college kid that was already having a bad day. By no means am I saying what he did what right, however I think he deserves a shot to play if he has the talent to do so.

Does anyone know what exactly was said to trigger him? What exactly happened with that fan? Sometimes as fans, we feel like we can say and do whatever we want to the athletes and they are supposed to just take it..ie drunk fan throws a beer at and hits Artest.

True, I don't know the whole situation. We have to remember that the fans at college games may have personal beefs with the players (or vice versa) since they do go to class together.

Archived