Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about RB LeGarrette Blount in the 4th Round?

TGW21

Chavous just said he has Matthews as his top rated rb and Mayock has him at number 2 so no way matthews goes past 2nd round if not late 1st rd.

Rankings will change in the combine when guys like Spiller and Best run blazing fast 40s.

If Matthews ends up being the #1 back taken then that is good for us because Spiller/Best could fall to us in round 2.

well blount is a terrible pass blocker, so he would probably have to be taken out on 3rd downs....but i guess he could learn....

i prefer to grab andre dixon from uconn...he is explosive and a tough runner like marshawn lynch...and we could gt him in the 5th

adixon-0102jpg-bc1678bc03ac7042_large.jpg

Admit it: you only chose to compare him to Lynch because of the dreads.

Next you'll compare him to Edgerrin James. ;)

the boy is nice and i think we would only be lucky to get him in the fourth round. He was projected as a first round pick before the inncident. Yeah he hit somebody but maybe some attitude would give this team some kind of identity. If you play football, then you know you want guys in the locker room if they lose they want to knock somebody out. The redskins have to many nice guys already, i want our ray lewis, Sean Taylor was that, now we have nobody. He'll im tired of landry just whiffing on plays, we need somebody to be a little mean, and i know he is a rb but let him run somebody over and give the other teams something to fear.

Does anyone remember Tatum Bell? See this si why I love D. Snyder. Even after a 4 win season we still have hope. We debate about who will be taken where and how Shan will spinkle some fairy dust on them, and poof Terrel Davis or Clinton Portis. If this guy has issues stay away. We need to stay away from all suspect players until we have a solid base of veterans that are comfortable in their roles.

Welcome to Extremeskins!

Now Blount has been discussed in previous threads. At the top of the screen is a Search button. You can click that, enter in Blount, and be able to see the threads related to him and post in one of those. It'll be good reading :)

You people really need to create your own forums and go be mods there.

If you don't like the thread, DON'T POST IN IT. Geez, get over your high horse crap that most of you do on these forums.

I'd be all for picking up Blount so long as we get him in Rounds 5-7. 4th Rounder, maybe. I just worry about his character issues; that said, I also feel like the Skins need someone who has a mean streak in them and can push other players to play with that mean streak.

You people really need to create your own forums and go be mods there.

If you don't like the thread, DON'T POST IN IT. Geez, get over your high horse crap that most of you do on these forums.

I'd be all for picking up Blount so long as we get him in Rounds 5-7. 4th Rounder, maybe. I just worry about his character issues; that said, I also feel like the Skins need someone who has a mean streak in them and can push other players to play with that mean streak.

We need o-line and there should be some good ones still around in round 4. I think it'd be crazy to waste a valuable pick on a risky guy like Blount.

We need o-line and there should be some good ones still around in round 4. I think it'd be crazy to waste a valuable pick on a risky guy like Blount.

I agree completely which is why I'm a little hesitant on using that 4th on him. However, we got Rhinehart with the 3rd and he so far seems like a wasted pick.

IMO, o-line is a lot harder to judge because of all the schemes used, whether or not the team runs or passes the ball more, etc. When you look at o-lines like the Colts, you have people like J. Saturday who wasn't even drafted.

He is projected to go in the 7th round, but hey, why not use our second and pass on better talent.

the hell he is....talent like his, more like 3rd round and dont be surprised if Shanny rolls the ball on him....it woudlnt be the first time he takes a chance on a guy with a past (see maurice clarette)

also, Blount was suppose to be a 1st round pick if he did not punch that guy in the face.....

The guy has talent and that is clear. If he is there and there is not a better rated OLineman there take him in the fourth or lower. Okay he messed up and punched a guy who was ragging on him and it happened to be on national TV its not like he pulled a gun on someone in a locker room.:doh:

How about LeGarrette Blount. From what I have seen of him he is very much like Jonathan Stewert. He is powerful, but still has breakaway speed. Since his incident vs. Boise he wont be a high draft pick

Edit

So why don't we get him in the Fourth Round? He could be a Pro Bowl Caliber player because what Shanny can do with RB's...........

Are you on crack? :doh: Lets not. He is nothing like Jonathan Stewart. The only thing they have in common is a they went to Oregon

Plus he will prob be there in the 6th or 7th rd

My 1st choice is CJ Spiller. But if we could get Blount in later rds I would be all for it. Ive been begging to get a RB to replace Betts for years now just to watch teams like Dallas get Barber, Jones, and Choice. Hopefully this is the year we draft a back...there are too many young talents out there not to.

How about LeGarrette Blount. From what I have seen of him he is very much like Jonathan Stewert. He is powerful, but still has breakaway speed. Since his incident vs. Boise he wont be a high draft pick

Edit

So why don't we get him in the Fourth Round? He could be a Pro Bowl Caliber player because what Shanny can do with RB's...........

Because he's a 5th or 6th round pick.

Personally I would take 2 RBs in the draft. One power, one speed. Toby Gehrhardt has Riggins potential (I call Toby "Bio-Diesel"). And Dexter McCluster could be a mid round pick.

The thing is, though, is running back our greatest need? Do we have enough draft picks to spend on two running backs?

As many people are saying, analysts project him to be a later round selection. I, myself, am a huge Blount fan, though and wouldn't be at all upset if we took him as early as the 4th round. I'm thinking 5 or 6 is more reasonable, though.

I'll go above and beyond and suggest we ALSO select LaMarcus Coker out of Hampton in the 7th (or sign him as an UDFA) to complement Blount. Perfect combination of power and speed those two would be...

He's a thug, nothing more. He should never have been reinstated by Oregon and NCAA should have stepped in to take his scholarship away.

He is one of two players that if drafted, would really piss me off.

What he did was wrong, I agree, but I don't think the NCAA should've gone to the levels you're suggesting... we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Anyway, who is the other player?

Can I ask what exactly did Blount do? Is he a serial killer, drug dealer, gang member etc... All I know is he punched someone once. That to me does not mean he should be banned for life or is a headcase or be a locker room cancer in the future (unless hes been punching people through his career so far).

If you play contact sport you know there will always be scuffles, a punch thrown here & there in the heat of the moment, and to ban someone or say he is worthless based on that is ludicrous. The guy can play as he was slated as a 1st rd pick til the incident so getting him in the 4th would be a steal IMO.

What he did was wrong, I agree, but I don't think the NCAA should've gone to the levels you're suggesting... we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Anyway, who is the other player?

He physically assualted someone and then went after fans, luckily security stepped in. Other people get time in the lock-up for that.

The other is Claussen.

Archived