Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senior Bowl thread

redskins021

The Senior Bowl rocks. Regarding the earlier comments about the Senior Bowl just being one other scouting opportunity to supplement film, I disagree. The game probably doesn't matter, but watching prospects practice against NFL caliber players for a week can be invaluable. Lots of prospects have seen their stock skyrocket after a strong wek at the Senior Bowl. Look at BJ Raji, who was unblockable all week.

Regarding particular prospects, I could really see Blount fitting well in a Shanny running scheme. He is well suited for a one cut and up the field scheme, and has remarkable athleticism for such a big guy. Shanny hasn't been one to shy away from running backs based on character concerns.

McCluster isn't going to be looked at as a 3 down back by anyone, but that doesn't decrease his value. He will be a fantasic scat back who can flex out as a slot receiver.

I wish that Charles Brown was participating, but maybe that means he hasn't been able to get his weight up, which could help drop him down to the second round for us. I feel very similarly about Jerry Hughes, who would look great as a 3-4 LB across from Orakpo.

I also wish we were in the Mike Iaputi sweepstakes, but he is probably going in the first round. If he's available when we pick in the second, I'd snap him up ASAP. I just hope he doens't wind up on the roster of one of our rivals.

I'm loving watching this right now.

Gilliard, WR from Cincy, is showing great release off the line against press coverage. Both times he's left his man off balance.

As well as the CB from Boise St. Didn't catch his name yet.

Kyle Wilson is the CB from Boise. If he keeps this up he'll go in the first.

Sydq'an Thompson CB from Cal gets beat a lot.

Mardy Gilyard had a great release to beat Thompson.

Iupati is just a beast I'd love to get him.

Ducasse looks ok but I wouldn't take him in the 1st.

I kind of want that Arenas CB from Bama he is the real deal as a return man and wasnt bad at CB which we could use some help at for sure.

My g//f is an Auburn fan and we have met Ben Tate the RB from Aub. he has some size and good speed for his size. i would like him later in the draft, one of things i like about Shanny is the RB position i don't feel a need to have to spend a lot on a stud he just seem.s to make them better then they are. And Tate has the size to run through arm tackles and the speed to make it a decent gain when he breaks them!!:2cents:

I kind of want that Arenas CB from Auburn my g//f's an Auburn fan and he is the real deal as a return man and wasnt bad at CB which we could use some help at for sure.

Also Tate the RB from Aub. he has some size and good speed for his size i would like him later in the draft, one of things i like about Shanny is the RB position i don't feel a need to have to spend a lot on a stud he just seem.s to make them better then they are. And Tate has the size to run through arm tackles and the speed to make it a decent gain when he breaks them!!:2cents:

Correct me if I'm wrong....but isn't Javier Arenas on Alabama?

I could really see Blount fitting well in a Shanny running scheme. He is well suited for a one cut and up the field scheme, and has remarkable athleticism for such a big guy. I also wish we were in the Mike Iaputi sweepstakes.

Blount is dummer than an oak tree and can't catch a cold. Forget him. Iaputi will not get past the Steelers. Be happy the Skins end up with Clausen or McCoy (2nd rnd) ...perfect fits for a Shanny WCO-oriented offense.

Archived