Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl really a good idea?

MattFancy

No, but when you have the GOAT in the super bowl and Tom Brady pulls out and Carson Palmer is having Surgery you go to the next best which is Garrard.

I'm pretty sure that Joe Flacco had better numbers than Palmer, Young (obviously) and Garrard. So it's not about who is best, which we probably already knew.

I the the skills competition is a great idea. I mean the game is basically flag football anyway. So just do away with it and bring back the old QB challenges they had back in the day. Have a fastest man race, have a FG kicking contest, and like a WR contest. More players would probably be interested in that and more people would watch.

Yeah I always liked those. As I said before I really don't watch it because it's not really a good game. You can't blitz and it just takes a major part of the game away. I also agree that more players would probably be interested. I'd love to see Chris Johnson vs Adrian Peterson race.

Heres 14 guys that would have never gone to the Pro Bowl if they held it after the Super Bowl like every other year.

Do you think these guys are deserving? I think most are, but are we missing the point?

Added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster are:

Jaguars QB David Garrard (replacing Peyton Manning)

Chargers WR Vincent Jackson (replacing Reggie Wayne)

Steelers TE Heath Miller (replacing Dallas Clark)

Titans C Kevin Mawae (replaces Jeff Saturday)

Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch (replacing Dwight Freeney)

Jets DE Shaun Ellis (replacing Robert Mathis)

Dolphins S Yeremiah Bell (replacing Antoine Bethea)

Added to the NFC Pro Bowl roster are:

Eagles QB Donovan McNabb (replacing Drew Brees)

Giants OT David Diehl (replacing Jon Stinchcomb)

Giants OG Chris Snee (replacing Jahri Evans)

Panthers C Ryan Kalil (replacing Jonathan Goodwin)

Redskins LB London Fletcher (replacing Jonathan Vilma)

Cardinals FS Antrel Rolle (replacing Darren Sharper)

Eagles SS Quintin Mikell (replacing Roman Harper)

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/25/fourteen-players-added-to-pro-bowl-rosters/

I'm as die-hard an NFL fan as there is, but I can't stand the pro-bowl, it seems pointless to me. Most of the players are only there for a vacation, half of them don't even play anyway, and the ones that do play half-*** it (well except for Sean). It's not even like Madden would be in Hawaii because he didn't like to fly.

The other sports can at least come close to making their all-star games thrive, simply because of how they market individual stars more than teams and the wow factor with the individual stars in those sports. The NFL is totally opposite since they market teams much more than individual players. The only individual players I've ever cared about seeing play have been Favre, Barry Sanders & ST because of the possible wow factor with each. Otherwise I could have cared less about the game. And I doubt that Favre will play because of how beat-up he was yesterday.

The game is worthless and the plug should have been pulled on this farce years ago. Now if they wanted to have something during the off-week between the championship games & SB, sobeit, but make it something other than this crap. The absolute worst one year was when a bunch of sports hack douches actually attempted to handicap the game. :rolleyes:

It was better in the old days when the best players didn't show up because they didn't want to.

Without naming Sean Taylor decapitating a punter' date=' what is your favorite Pro Bowl memory?[/quote']

The memory that you listed in your thread. I'll be honest I've never really watched a full pro bowl game. I do remember last year when when Fitz made that amazing catch in the end zone.

IMO it does. When some of the best players have to be pulled because their team has had success and is playing for a Super Bowl.

I mean I'm glad Fletcher is finally going to get to play in the Pro Bowl, but I'm sure he would've loved it more had he been voted in by the fans and his peers. I mean David Garrard gets to go this year and he was basically the 8th best QB in the AFC after Manning, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Palmer, and Young.

I mean I'm glad Fletcher is finally going to get to play in the Pro Bowl, but I'm sure he would've loved it more had he been voted in by the fans and his peers. I mean David Garrard gets to go this year and he was basically the 8th best QB in the AFC after Manning, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Palmer, and Young.

Garrard wasn't even the eighth best. Flacco and Orton both outperformed him. But I don't think anyone is fooled by the Pro-bowl this year.

If freakin David Garrard made it, the pro-bowl is nothing more than a weak version of a training camp scrimmage imo.

Brady, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Palmer, and Young's missing the pro bowl can't be attributed to the schedule change.

Schaub and Young are going to the Pro Bowl. Brady, Palmer and Roethlisberger aren't because of injury. Maybe if it was after the SB that would've given those guys an extra 2 weeks to get healthy? It certainly doesn't help the players than made it on the SB teams.

Schaub and Young are going to the Pro Bowl. Brady, Palmer and Roethlisberger aren't because of injury. Maybe if it was after the SB that would've given those guys an extra 2 weeks to get healthy? It certainly doesn't help the players than made it on the SB teams.

I say this in all sincerity:

"Who gives a ****?"

My dream is that everyone refuses to play and your AFC starter ends up being Rex Grossman.

Archived