Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Trade Rumor

Lachey79

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyBoy

He got 5.5 playing on a line next to Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice, kinda makes you wanna focus on the other guys instead of him, doesn't it. Thats how he got his sacks.

This may be true, but he still had to beat someone to get those sacks, didn't he? I doubt teams were so focussed on the other guys that they routinely wouldn't block a guy right in front of the QB.

If I'm the Redskins, I make this trade in a NY minute. Which is why it probably is bogus. Under normal circumstances, teams don't routinely trade top backups along the DL for players that may not be of much use to them. Unless they have an undisclosed problem at RB and Gruden/McKay has decided that Watson is a bona fide at RB.

I'd be opposed, simply because I think Watson has that special spark you look for in a player. I'll always take an overachiever workhorse over someone slightly more talented but less driven. I realize the reality of our DL situation may require us to make a move, but if we could hold on to Kenny Watson somehow, someway, I'd love it. Guys gonna make a mark in the NFL, I just have a feeling he's our David Akers right now. Hold on to him.

I'm not sure why people are so quick to dismiss this rumor. Just because Sapp and Booger are FA's next year, doesn't mean they won't trade the next guy in line. Maybe they don't think he can be a starter. Maybe they simply feel adding a player like Watson is worth it.

And Betts' injury doesn't mean much here. Betts can be the backup to Trung. He proved as much last year. Gillespie and Co. can pick up the slack until Betts comes back. Its not like hes out for the year-that would be a different story. The FO would probably make this deal if its on the table-most likely they can't keep all 4 and this is the exact deal they would want to make.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat, but I have to think the Bucs would want a higher pick than a seventh. I would give up Watson and a fourth or fifth for a decent pass rusher. I know nothing about Wyms, but if he plays left end, then the idea of moving Wynn to tackle seems more realistic.

Archived