Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huddle Report: Drew Boylart's second take on Bradford

Farbod21

That's certainly where I stand too. I will be behind any pick/trade they make at 4. Having said that, I believe the best course of action would be to take Bradford (if they are high on him), build the line through the rest of the draft and FA, and make a decision this summer on whether you've improved your line enough to play Bradford. If it's still in shambles, let him sit. If it's improved (even if not completely rebuilt), let him play and learn. As you mentioned, 2010 isn't a playoff year so why not let our rookie (SAFELY) take his lumps?

i agree with this

Gotta agree with this. I think Bradford has potential, but to say that he is hands down the best prospect since Peyton Manning is an enormous stretch. Manning had superior footwork, better mechanics (though that doesn't mean Bradford's mechanics are bad), played against much better defenses, had a better arm, had an extremely high football IQ (as much as I've heard that Bradford does, the whole thing of getting his defensive reads from the sideline is a little troubling, whereas Manning made those reads on his own in college). Manning also didn't have a throwing shoulder that he hurt and then re-injured. If any scouts thought he was the best prospect since Manning there wouldn't even be a conversation about who would be going #1 overall. As it is, Bradford may be lucky to be a top 10 pick, depending on how well he can throw on his pro day, etc.

Saying he is "the best prospect since Manning" actually isn't comparing him to Manning at all.

what happened the last time we draft a "stud" from OU that was hurt in college? I think it took him 2 years to make a catch... you can have that garbage...

Dude if you know anything about Malcolm Kelly its that he's lazy. He was lazy in college and he's starting to realize that if he wants to be any good at the NFL level he has to actually work. This has more to do with his lack of production than the fact that he went to OU or had an injury.

Archived