Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curtis Gatewood Makes The Team Next Year

method man

Remember that he was on the Steelers' practice squad this season so he already has knowledge of the 3-4 scheme that Shanahan intends to run next year. Furthermore, he already has a relationship with Lou Spanos.

I know that he has been a career practice squad guy up to this point, but I have a feeling he is a real sleeper going into next season.

Hopefully hes our James Harrison?

I have a good feeling about him. He was a DE in college who also now has experience at LB. I think his best fit in the league is as a 3-4 OLB.

There must be a reason good teams such as the Eagles and Steelers are taking the time to pick him up to add to their practice squad.

People dont realize that 3-4 LBs are a different mold than a 4-3 LB. London Fletcher would be useless in a 3-4 as well as Rocky.

easy there with the overstatement. when he came into the league, people thought London was useless as a 4-3 LB as well. he'll be fine. he's a few inches below average for an interior LB in either scheme, but his weight is ideal.

other than having to learn his new assignments, i don't see a big problem.

our big problems would be:

1) Carter has already failed in a 3-4 defense, and can't be traded unless he agrees to be,

2) Jarmon doesn't really fit anywhere, and

3) we don't have a NT (Haynesworth would work, but he probably won't want to).

Archived