Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Draft 2010

Burgundy~N~Gold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We should just see what the other teams pick and go from there. If its possible to trade down and still get a bradford, davis or whomever shanahan wants and still get more picks then so be it.

We have the weapons guys our te's, wr's are good. We just need someone to pull the trigger... And even before that

Some guys to protect that person whose pulling the trigger...

But also keep in mind we cannot focus on just the offense and let the defense wither... We gotta balance draft picks on d as well.

This is gonna take time so....

as for the assumption about bradford playing for the lions, how did stafford end up this year? oh that's right, injured shoulder from the pounding he took.

His injuries were from a horse collar(Bears game) and on a desperation play where he scrambled around for 10 seconds(Browns game). It's kinda hard to fault the OL for those injuries, don't you think?

And yes, QBs do bust more than any other position in the first. And it gets worse by the round.

From 1991-2006, 31 QBs were taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Only two guys from that list, who I shouldn't have to name, have proven to be legitimate franchise QBs.

Like I said in another thread, with no CBA trade our first and Rogers to the 49ers for their #13 and #17

Get a OT (Okung gone, one of Williams, Campbell, Davis should be there) and then you can take Spiller, Terrence Cody (if they really want to switch to a 3-4), Colt McCoy (if they think he's worthy), maybe even Bulaga as a RT or OG.

We'd still get an OT after trading down and then add another solid talent. If not Spiller with #17, I'd like to see Best at #2 (as long as OT has been covered).

Are the 49ers giving us PWillis too?

Cause our first is about equal to their two. Tossing in Rogers as well is Dan talk.

Except how many of these were drafted with a top 5 pick?

Cutler and Big Ben weren't top 10. Flacco was top 20. Rodgers was top 25.

And since you included McNabb, why not include the other 1st rounders from that draft?

Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper, and Cade McNown all had such wonderfully productive careers right?

In 2000, when we picked Chris Samuels and Lavar Arrington, we should have grabbed our franchise QB right? Who was the first rounder that year? Chad Pennington, he's a free agent this offseason.

All in all, my point is that QB's in the 1st round, and top 5 picks are no exception, have a much much much higher bust rate than any other position. And with the amount of money invested in this pick, that is just foolhardy drafting.

I'm a big proponent of BPA near the top of a draft.

There are always hits and misses on first round players thats where your scouting department must be up to par. There is no denying that if you do not have a franchise QB you must take one if your are staring one in the face when your on the clock. Take a look at all the teams in the league:

Bills: Trent Edwards - 3rd round pick - NOT a franchise QB

Dolphins: Chad Pennington/Chad Henne: 1st round pick/2nd round pick - Uncertain (too soon to tell)

Patriots: Tom Brady - 6th round pick - Franchise QB (very rare chance)

Jets: Mark Sanchez - 1st round pick - Uncertain (too soon to tell)

Ravens: Joe Flacco - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Bengals: Carson Palmer - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Browns: Brady Quinn - 1st round pick - Uncertain (too soon to tell)

Steelers: Ben Roethelisburger - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Texans: Matt Schaub - 3rd round pick - Franchise QB

Colts: Peyton Manning - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Jaguars: David Garrard - 4th round pick - NOT a franchise QB

Titans: Vince Young - 1st round pick - Uncertain (too soon to tell)

Broncos: Kyle Orton - 4th round pick - NOT a franchise QB

Chiefs: Matt Cassell - 7th round pick - Uncertain (too soon to tell)

Oakland: JaMarcus Russell - 1st round pick - NOT a franchise QB

Chargers: Phillip Rivers - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Cowboys: Tony Romo sits to pee - UDFA - Franchise QB

Giants: Eli Manning - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Eagles: Donovan McNabb - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Redskins: Jason Campbell - 1st round pick - NOT a franchise QB

Bears: Jay Cutler - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Lions: Matt Stafford - 1st round pick - Uncertain (too soon to tell)

Packers: Aaron Rodgers - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Vikings: Brett Favre - 2nd round pick - Franchise QB

Falcons: Matt Ryan - 1st round pick - Franchise QB

Panthers: Jake Delhomme - UDFA - NOT a franchise QB

Saints: Drew Brees - 2nd round pick - Franchise QB

Buccaneers: Josh Freeman - 1st round pick - Uncertain (too soon to tell)

Cardinals: Kurt Warner - UDFA - Franchise QB

Rams: Marc Bulger - 6th round pick - NOT a franchise QB

49ers: Alex Smith/Shaun Hill - 1st round pick/UDFA - NOT franchise QBs

Seahawks: Matt Hasselbeck - 6th round pick - Franchise QB

Of the 32 teams there are:

- 17 True franchise QBs

Of the 17 true franchise QBs:

- 10 first round picks

- 2 2nd round picks

- 1 3rd round pick

- 2 6th round picks

- 2 UDFAs

Of the 32 teams there are:

- 19 1st round pick QBs

Of the 19 1st round QBs:

- 10 franchise QBs

- 6 Uncertain (too soon to tell)

- 3 NOT franchise QB Busts

The numbers above prove if you want to a 10+ years of a TRUE franchise QB you take him in the first round. Sure there are going to be busts but your scouting department is getting paid to make sure they aren't busts. We need to take Clausen or Bradford at #4 end of story!

I have to admit I have not seen much of Dan LeFevour, but he certainly looks impressive in his bowl game tonight. Not sure when he is slotted to go (Kiper has him as 4th best qb right now), but I would definitely take a flyer on him in the third or fourth round if we have not yet drafted a qb.

Im sure some of you know more about him than I do. Thoughts?

Take a look at all the teams in the league:

The numbers above prove if you want to a 10+ years of a TRUE franchise QB you take him in the first round. Sure there are going to be busts but your scouting department is getting paid to make sure they aren't busts. We need to take Clausen or Bradford at #4 end of story!

Great analysis.

The writing is on the wall. Unless Bradford and Clausen lose considerable traction throughout the combine, we're getting a QB.

as a reflex from the cerrato debacle, I immediately think oline, but I think we have the right guy in charge now to be able to indentify the necessary talent his O will need in order to succeed... if that means using our 4th overall pick for a QB, then so be it; if he sees value in a vet, JC, or a 2nd rounder for a QB, I'll trust his judgement...

This is pretty much how I feel. I want a QB. I think we need a QB. I don't think JC is the guy, at all. And I think any team that hopes to have success (the fluke of the 80's Skins aside) you need a QB to be a champion in the NFL. However, while I love Jimmy Clausen and think he's legit, what do I really know? I'm just some dude who learned football through John Madden and ES.

But, and where I agree with you, I totally trust the Shanahans and Bruce Allen to make the right call. If we have a shot at Clausen and instead go Okung or Suh or McCoy or Berry or Spiller or trade down or whatever, I trust them 100%. I think we have the best personnel people in here since Bethard and Gibbs.

Archived