Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Skins in Hamptonroads- Email Bruce Rader (Mergedx3)

skinsfan1992

We need to bomb the poll on the Fox page as well.

I went to the Fox page and didn't see a poll. Is there a poll up there I'm missing. Last year they put a poll up and fans voted for the Skins/49ers game over the Eagles/Boys game, this year it appears that Czar Rader has made up his mind and the Skins game won't be shown. I never want to hear him say he's a fan of the Skins, because that's total and utter bull****.

I hate it. Truly do. But I understand the reason.

Our Skins are bad. As in terrible. Every season starts off very promising then ends in total heartache. This game against the Chargers is so meaningless.

From all Ive learned the ratings for Fox in my market has dropped dramaticaly during airings of our Skins games. It makes sense, as much as I hate it, to televise a battle for second seed by way of winning the division. Makes sense to me.

I just pray that this wont start a trend of Fox not giving a damn about the fan base for next season.

East Coast Cowboy fans:

If you are from the DC, Philly or the NYC region – Why on earth would you abandon the tradition of your hometown, family and friends?? Why would you abandon the camaraderie and joy of bonding with the other denizens of you home region that comes along with a mutual love???

It’s quite simple

EAST COAST DALLAS FANS ARE SELF LOATHING LOSERS WHO ARE STARVED FOR ATTENTION!! I had this epiphany several years ago. Since then I‘ve viscously dressed down every big mouth East Coast Dallas fan I’ve had the displeasure of coming into contact with. Everyone last one of them.

The playbook:

Start by asking where they are from. If they are indeed from Texas -- FINE…really. I talk football with them in a civil manner. The thing is – Most every “real” Cowboy fan from Texas is not so bad. They know football and love the team that hails from their region… AS THEY SHOULD.

Now then

If the response is “well I’m from _____ but I’ve been a Cowboy fan since blahhhhh”

All hell should break loose. Start by telling them that they have deep psychological issues that need to be addressed. East Coast Cowboy fans really are equal to a subconscious virus stemming from their low self esteem!!!!

More than likely they were plain vanilla little kids who didn’t receive what they felt to be proper attention from their parents, teachers and class mates. The obnoxious Cowboy star just screams LOOK AT ME!!! PLEASE!!!!!! I MUST FLAIL MY ARMS IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO GARNER ATTENTION!!!!

These people are as phony, shallow and void of souls as they come. Chances are they’re mediocre childhood stepped them right into a miserable attention starved adult life. This of course would lead to these people being losers in their adult life….

And there you have the answer to the question, “why do East Coast Cowboy fans only come out of the shadows when the Cowboys are streaking??” THEY ARE LOSERS WHO FEEL AS IF ASSOCIATING WITH A WINNING TEAM WILL MAKE THEM APPEAR AS IF THEY ARE “WINNERS”

THE ANSWER:

INFORM THEM THAT FROM THIS DAY FORTH – WHEN IT COMES TO THE NFL – THEY ARE DEAD TO YOU

TELL THEM YOU’RE SORRY THEY’VE LEAD A TORTURED LIFE

TELL THEM THEY SHOULD SEEK PSYCHIATRIC HELP

AND FINALLY…LIFES FAR TOO SHORT TO WASTE ON THE RAMBLINGS OF ATTENTION STARVED PHONY PEOPLE

WATCH:

AS THEIR EYES GLAZE OVER IN FRUSTRATION AND ENJOY THE WARM GLOW OF KNOWING YOU LOVE YOUR HOMETOWN TEAM THROUGH THICK AND THIN… AS YOU WELL SHOULD

Natmagic

Lets Go Caps

HTTR as always

Just voted on the poll. I dont care that the Eagles/Dallas game is for the division. We will see tons of highlights and a good portion of Sportscenter talking about that game. We love our team, no matter how horrible they are and I will not let my streak of watching games be ruined by that man. I have been TDY thru the air force many times during football season and I always find a place or way to watch the Skins game, no matter the time difference or how small the screen is.

His email response:

Dear Graham,

I understand how you feel, and your frustration. This was not an easy decision for me. I grew up a Redskins fan, my father was the assistant director of the Redskins band for 30 years. I started in 1973 as the spotter for the Redskins radio team and produced the George Allen Coaches show. I have covered just about every Redskins home game since I moved to Hampton Roads over 30 years ago, including every single Super Bowl and every summer camp. I have season tickets, many games this season I could not give them away, because nobody wanted to go.

At six o’clock last night I asked the viewers to email their thoughts on which of the two games we should show. It was not a vote, but I wanted to gage the feeling of the football fans in the market. From 6:30 to 8pm I received 150 emails, the most emails I have ever received for any story I have ever done.

Less than 10 of the 150 said we should show the Redskins game. Half of those 10 were from Redskins fans, who as much as they hate the Cowboys had to admit the Cowboys-Eagles game would be a much better and more meaningful game to watch.

I am sure we will get more viewers for the Cowboys-Eagles game than we would have for the Redskins-Chargers game considering the way the Redskins have been playing and the fact that San Diego has already clinched their playoff spot and probably won’t play some of it’s starters.

At some point I have to the right thing and not let my personal feelings about the Redskins cloud what is best for the majority of the sports fans in the area.

By the way, I will continue to cover the Redskins as much as I have in the past, and doubt if I will make this suggestion in the future. At least I hope I don’t have to.

Thanks for the email.

Bruce Rader

"At six o’clock last night I asked the viewers to email their thoughts on which of the two games we should show. It was not a vote, but I wanted to gage the feeling of the football fans in the market. From 6:30 to 8pm I received 150 emails, the most emails I have ever received for any story I have ever done."

I guess he believes every Skins fan in Tidewater only watch HIS sportscast!! See what a ego he has....sound like someone else we know, who is short?

Archived