Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will the players approach Cowboys game this Sunday? It still matters to us Dammit

NoCalMike

I seriously can't handle another embarrasment like we witnessed on MNF. Not only did we get handled for four quarters, but the saddest part was our team looked like they gave up, or at least some of the players did, and looked like they could care less.

If there is one(well two actually) game every season that matters the most to Redskins fans, it is the Cowboys game. Especially at home. No one wants to be embarrased on their home field, and especially not by the Cowboys.

If the players have any motivation or care left for this season, hopefully it comes out this Sunday. I hope for 60 mins they can forget about the horrible outcome of this season. Forget about the offseason looming. Forget about what changes might be coming for 2010. Forget about the inevitable coaching staff change. I want them to just come out and bring it with a passion against their #1 rival.

Regardless of our record and/or being elminated from playoff contention, the bottomline is THE FANS still care about this game on Sunday Night. It's a matter of pride for this organization. Especially now, The Cowboys are coming in to FedEx riding high, just having done what we couldn't do, put away the Saints. They are probably looking at the lowly Redskins as a whipping boy that can change their December fortunes for the better, before entering a battle in Dallas against The Eagles to close the season.

The Redskins can go to San Diego next week and get shut out 45-0 for all I care and look forward to another offseason of turmoil and change. However for one day of football, this Sunday at Fed Ex Field. I sincerely hope they intend to BRING THE PAIN to the Dallas Cowboys. Let them know that this rivalry still matters and they will not be a whipping boy. Let them know that this franchise will return next season with returned vigor and passion. Give them a preview of what they can look forward to in 2010.

With that said, I think the most frustrating part is that I truly do believe we have the personnel to beat the Cowboys. I think we just matchup well with the style of play they like to showcase. Hell, we held them to 7 points in their own stadium, on astroturf in perfect temperature and weather conditions. The only thing I question is whether our team is motivated, whether they care enough to give the full effort.

Well one thing is for sure. THE FANS STILL CARE!!!!

:dallasuck

:helmet:

I dont really see a letdown on the players side. Theres enough players on that team who understands what the Dallas game means.

Plus, im sure that they would be a little irked by what happened the last time the teams played.

Ive heard a lot of Dallas fans claim that "Their December woes are over" after beating NO, but that doesnt change the fact that the team is still 1-2 in the month and a lot of teams had come close to beating them in the past. Im hoping that Dallas gets big heads as well.

I feel the same as you OP, I wanted to rip my hair out while watching that giants game. But nothing is as bad as losing to Dallas, especially since I live in Dallas and have to hear everybody jumpin back on to that bandwagon. I could only hope the team hasn't packed it in, and still have some fight in them.

Win or lose, it will look nothing like the Giants game. Seeing Wade's band of slack-jawed yokels last year on Hard Knocks, it's clear that they have nothing on Coughlin's coaching staff.

I predicted the Giants would use us to "get well" and that our recent ascent toward respectability would be put to a screeching halt -- although I didn't know it would be THAT pathetic a showing. It's just what they do to us. They have our number. They know how to zig when we sell out for zag. The Cowboys do not have this ability.

It should be a close game.

Before last weekend's games I predicted that we'd probably lose a close one to the Giants and win a close one against the Cowboys.

After this past weekend, even though I know the league changes on a week-to-week basis, I don't think I can honestly predict we'll beat Dallas on Sunday. I don't think its going to be as bad as it was on Monday, but my original thoughts of a 24-17 Redskins win have turned into a 27-17 Cowboys win.

Of course I'll be watching the game from kickoff to the final gun, but this team lost me way early in the season with its performance against the tomato cans of the league. My apologies if I'm looking forward to the offseason already to fix what the hell is wrong with this team and not obsessing so much about the Cowboys.

The Giants game was the most pathetic game i've seen them play in my 32 years of cheering for them. I still like to believe that when I was born I had a feather on the back of my head, and ABSLOUTELY NOTHING will ever make me jump ship to another team, no matter what moronic calls Zorn wants to pull outta his ass.

Still, somewhere in the clouded muck I call my brain, I believe the Skins are going to pull off the "what got into them" performance against Dallas.

Yea, Dallas may come out fired up, but as others stated, playing football is one thing, playing Dallas is a horse of a different color, and I look for Orakpo to rub Romo sits to pee's face in the mud for 30 minutes...

The players, even though looked pathetic last monday, know THIS is the game to hang their feather on, so look for a totally different product on the field this sunday night.

And most of all, E N J O Y !

How many people thought we'd beat Dallas on November 5, 2006? I even turned down free tickets to that game :doh:. Dallass was a much better team and we had been finding ways to lose all season, but we still pulled out the win. It's Dallas week, anything goes.

:dallasuck

While I still care and really want to beat the Cowboys, there is so much crap going on witht this team, it is more like an episode of Jerry Springer. While I think the players do want to beat the Cowboys. many have checked out given the circus like atmophere within this organization. The owner looking over everyone's shoulder, a new GM, a castrated head coach, various "assisitants" and daily newpaper articles about who may or may not be here next year. Most, I think, just want this season to be over..

HTTR

Archived