Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lame Ducks

Burgold

I don't have a problem with Danny scouting other potential coaches, it's what he should be doing to help better the organization by finding the best candidate for the job.

Zorn needs to be commended for keeping the team focused and playing hard despite the turmoil and dysfunctional situation he's had to deal with this year. At the same time, I've seen enough from him that tells me the guy isn't cut out to be a head coach. He started 6-2, and since is 6-15, which tells me the fast start last year was the rest of the league didn't know him, and he's done a extremely poor job of adjusting since. The team has played hard the last several games, but you can't erase the games earlier in the season in which they played like complete crap and were totally unprepared to play. That falls on the head coach.

If I am a GM I am evaluating everything and developing everything. If the my grading of Zorn falls suddenly short that is not when I begin my search because I am way, way too far behind the curve. I want to know what all my options are simultaeously so that I can do what's best for the team and my continued employment. It's called due diligence. At the worst, it's called being politic.

I didn't follow that. Was it supposed to be a response to my question?

Zorn needs to be commended for keeping the team focused and playing hard despite the turmoil and dysfunctional situation he's had to deal with this year. At the same time, I've seen enough from him that tells me the guy isn't cut out to be a head coach. He started 6-2, and since is 6-15, which tells me the fast start last year was the rest of the league didn't know him, and he's done a extremely poor job of adjusting since. The team has played hard the last several games, but you can't erase the games earlier in the season in which they played like complete crap and were totally unprepared to play. That falls on the head coach.

Remember, this is a guy that was hired with NO head coaching or off cord expeience. You reall think he's going to roll in and win the super bowl in two years?? He had/has a lot to learn. Maybe he's not ready now, but to write him off completely is pure speculation on your part. I think he will get another chance down the road and will someday be a HC again and will do well at it.

Zorn continues to get treated like crap and takes it gracefully. Is there anything left to understand why he failed as a HC? He is a doormat.

He is being treated like crap here in once sense, but if the Redskins Win out then possibly he saves some face and can sign on somewhere else as a head coach or a Offensive Cord.

I don't doubt that Zorn is a genuinely good guy, I expect he understands football and he also does good work with quarterbacks. So he will surely catch on with another team whether thats Pro or College he will find another home.

Perhaps he was just a little over his head, I mean QB coach to Head Coach is a big step ha

The right thing to do is keep zorn one more year...His offense is clicking lets not blow it up AGAIN when things are going right!

Keep it going and draft OL early!!!!!

Reminds me of an ES post from 1980:

Should we give Pardee another year?

The Redskins just posted a 40-17 beat-down of the Chargers who are headed for the playoffs. They also had close losses to a Falcons, another team headed for the playoffs and the Cowgirls, which looks like they'll get another ring. Jack Kent Cooke is just a big-name, he wants to make a splash hire with a guy like Madden! Don't you think Pardee deserves another year?

Especially poignant because we were just about to face the midgets.

One of things working against Zorn is that he was a Snyderatto hire. That being said, the team has been playing hard for him lately. Allen did say that they've got games coming up in the NFC East and if they play hard against the Giants and Dall@ss, Zorn is going to make a strong case for himself.

Maybe yes. Maybe no. Normally, I'd agree with you, but there seemed to be warcamps setting up inside Redskins Park. Cerrato vs. Zorn. Cerrato lost. That could actually bode well for Zorn although Zorn hasn't done much to earn his job either. I don't know what the outside eyes will see. On the one hand, he kept the team fighting and they got better on offense. On the other hand, the defense and special teams are still gaffing up the place and giving up big plays and the overall record and effort hasn't been great. So, what do you see a trendline up or a horrible season where they were able to tread water towards the end.

Originally Posted by Jeff in D.C. viewpost.gif

Remember, this is a guy that was hired with NO head coaching or off cord expeience. You reall think he's going to roll in and win the super bowl in two years?? He had/has a lot to learn. Maybe he's not ready now, but to write him off completely is pure speculation on your part. I think he will get another chance down the road and will someday be a HC again and will do well at it.

I didn't expect Zorn to win the SB in two years, hell I didn't even necessarily expect that he'd even make the playoffs. But the mediocre performances earlier this season against the Rams, Lions, Panthers, & Chiefs were completely unacceptable.

[/i]

I didn't expect Zorn to win the SB in two years, hell I didn't even necessarily expect that he'd even make the playoffs. But the mediocre performances earlier this season against the Rams, Lions, Panthers, & Chiefs were completely unacceptable.

Heck, calling the performance against the Rams, Lions, Panthers, & Chiefs mediocre is an insult to mediocrity. We were crap and that may be insulting crap too.

At that stage of the season we were a bottom three football team. The fact that we were good enough to go to toe with Saints, Cowboys, and Eagles and wipe out the Raiders shows that we should not have been.

Archived