Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Violation of Rule 9: Zorn leads Washington to 3 Super Bowl Titles (MET)

skinsince72

it's interesting to me how many people act like MODS on this site... i wonder if you people making "corrections" to other posters are rolling your windows down telling people they're speeding on the highway too...

Just going by your join date, you're new and that may be part of you being apparently unaware that ES has always asked members to help self-police the forums (preferably politely in most cases). :)

And it appears you haven't carefully read the rules as you agreed to do when you registered your account, since this matter is described therein. ;)

Sorry but a "good leader" is not describing Zorn, sad to think what the world is coming to for some or the people/experiences in some peoples lifetime to think as such.

Sort of dramatic, there. :)

Among numerous professionals connected to the NFL, and in his community history, positive qualities regularly associated with Zorn for 20 years included working well as a team-mate, a group leader, and a teacher, just to share some pre-DC knowledge and perspective fwiw.

HC Zorn had numerous stumbles and his share of outright flaws, as I would expect for any new NFL head coach bumped up two major levels of job position. And he's had two seasons so far to learn. He has certainly been no miracle-worker-prodigy, or even operated at “NFL HC competent“, at many times.

And there's also no doubt in my mind that his challenges were seriously exacerbated by being surrounded by a very chaotic and dysfunctional support system in a variety of areas (a problem I called from when they announced his hire). Even the Dream Team of Super Coaches had significant struggles within this environment, so I’m not all into the Zorn-hate and "Zorn is useless" slam-camp.

He made plenty of errors IMO, however, and bears the consequences.

It’s a tough racket. I easily understand and support the move to a new HC. However, were they to keep him and improve on all the other problems, I wouldn’t be real upset---more like cautiously hopeful. But that’s a very unlikely scenario. I have thought we’d get Shanny for awhile now, and the closest thing I have to “inside” sources agree.

An emerging running game?

Dude, if we stumbled on a Steven Jackson or a Chris Johnson while I was hibernating, let me know, 'cause Ganther sure ain't the answer we're looking for.

LOL. You might have a point, but too early to tell. True Ganther had a good game but well have to see how he does collectively for the rest of the year...

Just going by your join date, you're new and that may be part of you being apparently unaware that ES has always asked members to help self-police the forums (preferably politely in most cases). :)

And it appears you haven't carefully read the rules as you agreed to do when you registered your account, since this matter is described therein. ;)

That's my point right there, carefully reading. The guy (op) stated he knew better, so it's out of the random members hands to "suggest he better.." Kinda lame.

I read the rules as I also "carefully" read the op state he knew the rule. Thanks though ;)

I see where you're coming from. Recently, I've been advocating a third year for Zorn (with a new OC). But the Vinny/Allen change isn't the kind of change we've seen over the Snyder era. This isn't just another coaching change, this is change at the FO level, the franchise moving in a different direction entirely, and possibly the owner finally making a change in how he runs this franchise (fingers crossed!). Whatever move our GM makes (we have a GM!!) this year, I'm behind it. If he decides to keep Zorn around for another year (I'd be stunned), awesome, but if not, I'm still with him. Let's see where this guy takes us!

Don Shula - Colts and Dolphins

Dick Vermeil - Rams and Eagles

Bill Parcells - Giants and Patriots

Dan Reeves - Falcons and Broncos

Mike Holmgren - Seahawks and Packers

came pretty close ;) thanks to wikipedia lol

Wait what? None of those guys won Super Bowls as HC with two different teams. No one ever has.

Although IMO that's one of those totally irrelevant stats.

Don Shula - Colts and Dolphins

Dick Vermeil - Rams and Eagles

Bill Parcells - Giants and Patriots

Dan Reeves - Falcons and Broncos

Mike Holmgren - Seahawks and Packers

came pretty close ;) thanks to wikipedia lol

Wrong. None of those coaches won a Super Bowl with two different teams. They made appearances to Super Bowls with two different teams.

I think Zorn is a classy guy and a hard worker, but bottom line is he just isn't cut out to be a head coach. I'm not going to give him a bunch of credit because he "kept the team focused and prepared to play each of these last several games." Umm, IT'S HIS JOB PEOPLE!! It's what he is still getting paid to do! I get that the circumstances and turmoil he's had to deal with this season have been unusual to say the least, but I'm not going to give him all this praise for doing his job. The reason that Sherm Lewis had to be brought in in the first place is because Zorn wasn't getting it done on offense, and the offense was completely pathetic. He wouldn't play younger players who needed to be put in, and with records of 3-6, 3-7, & 3-8 he was way too conservative against the Cowturds, Iggles, & Saints in losses that were by 3 points or less where an aggressive approach or two in some key situations could have made a difference.

I like the guy personally, but he needs to go. Shanny has a proven track record and won games earlier this decade with mediocre/average QB's. Let's see what he can do here.

How can we expect consistency and growth when we're constantly changing coaches and systems on our players? We'll perpetually be in restart/learning mode because a) it takes time to learn systems and B) when we dont give it the time it needs because we dont get immediate results, we change things around and begin all over again. Perpetual catch 22

Does anyone know how many coaches have won a SB with two different teams?

Not sure if you're asking this as a question you don't know the answer to, or you're essentially arguing against Shanny coming here. But anyone who argues against Shanny coming here for that reason is making an incredibly stupid and irrelevant argument.

this zorn love kills me

a man that cannot stick up for himself becomes a sympathy figure unbelievable.

As much as he is a nice guy it still does not take away from the fact

he is and soon to be was over is head

as a head coach

a offender of timeouts and arguably the worst 60 minute game mangers in the nfl..

As they saying goes every man nows when it is time to stand up and fight , there is no shame going into fight and get your ass kicked the biggest shame is not standing up to fight at all

I would have more sympathy and respect for him If he did and all for 3million dollars

smh

Lets not forget that Gibbs had the same problems

How can we expect consistency and growth when we're constantly changing coaches and systems on our players? We'll perpetually be in restart/learning mode because a) it takes time to learn systems and B) when we dont give it the time it needs because we dont get immediate results, we change things around and begin all over again. Perpetual catch 22

Good points, but we need a proven coach and I don't think that Shanny would blow this up or make major changes to what's been going on, but rather just tweak things a bit.

Remember - Shanny, Zorn (who learned under Holmgren so there's a connection), & Sherm Lewis are each from the late 80's/early 90's 49er coaching tree, so I don't think the offense changes drastically if Shanny comes here. Marty, Spurrier, & Gibbs were complete polar opposites, so this argument is somewhat apples & oranges.

Does anyone know how many coaches have won a SB with two different teams?

Well he didnt win a superbowl with 2 different teams but he Weeb Ewbanks won a superbowl and world championship with 2 different teams He actually is the only coach to win a Nfl Championship, AFL championship and a Superbowl.

Zorn was in over his head being asked to coach and call plays out of the gate. however, i think the players respect him and, and crazy as the current playcalling situation is, its worked in the second half of this season. ideally id like us to give zorn another year with sherm lewis as offensive coordinator. My main problem with firing everybody all at once is that it doesn't let you see where the real problems were. id like to see how the team responds with no vinny, with zorn and lewis working together for more than half a year.

Change is good when its necessary, but its hard to tell whats necessary if you fire the next person before you get to see the effect of the last firing

Let Allen determine what the best move for the team is before writing zorn off. Sometimes the best move for a struggling team is consistancy, or no move at all. It would certainly be a new approach for the skins.

I'm definitley looking forward to the last 3 weeks of the season. i feel like a giant weight has been lifted from the redskins back and theyre gonna come out inspired for the rest of the season.

A belated thank you to the mods for sparing me the NNT. I re-reviewed the rules and I clearly broke one. This year has us all frustrated.

I know there's no chance JZ comes back as HC but I hope there's at least some discussion about retaining him in some fashion. The new HC probably would not want that, and it may be uncomfortable, but Zorn has characteristics you want on the sideline.

Archived