Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular NFL opinions

21cents

What are your unpopular NFL opinions.

1.Dallas Clark is a better player then Reggie Wayne

2.Ben Roethlisberger is not good as advertised

3.Bradys 3 superbowls were a result of good coaching and beast defense. Hence why his first 4 years, 3 superbowls. Last 4 "0".

4.Jason Campbell is better then Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton.

5.Tony Romo sits to pee isnt bad as hes advertised. This season the December record is the lack of coaching and defense. Romo sits to pee has been very good last 2 games.

6.Chris Johnson>AD

7.Brian Orakpo has had an bigger impact on the redskins the 100mil dollar man.

8.Wes Welker is a top 5 WR and is the only WR in the league that is literally uncoverable.

9.Santana Moss is washed up

10.Rivers is a top 3 QB behind Manning and Brees.

1.Dallas Clark is a better player then Reggie Wayne [about even, both are great at their positions.]

2.Ben Roethlisberger is not good as advertised [dude has won two Super Bowls because of plays he has made in those games. He's the real deal.]

3.Bradys 3 superbowls were a result of good coaching and beast defense. Hence why his first 4 years, 3 superbowls. Last 4 "0". [Dude still has three rings - are you going to criticize Elway for going 2/16 (rings/seasons) in his career?]

4.Jason Campbell is better then Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton. [Agreed. Orton wins, but he's been on much better teams than Jason has. Ryan has great WR's, a great OL, and a great RB. Flacco is an average NFL QB no matter what delusional Ravens fans think. And Cutler is an INT machine.]

5.Tony Romo sits to pee isnt bad as hes advertised. This season the December record is the lack of coaching and defense. Romo sits to pee has been very good last 2 games. [Agreed, although I'm not going to say it's their defense. It's more the toxic environment that Jerrah has created because of his ego, and it has trickled into the locker room because son of Bum has no authority to coach. ]

6.Chris Johnson>AD [Yup. ]

7.Brian Orakpo has had an bigger impact on the redskins the 100mil dollar man. [Probably, although keep in mind DT is not a "stats" position, Al was brought in to do a job. It's not his fault that Danny threw $100 mill at him, any of us would have taken it.]

8.Wes Welker is a top 5 WR and is the only WR in the league that is literally uncoverable. [I'd say Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, & Randy Moss (when he wants to play) are also uncoverable. ]

9.Santana Moss is washed up. [Yes and no. He's not what he once was, but he can still make plays from time to time and he takes up double-teams that allow other guys to get open, plus he's a good downfield blocker. So he still has value. ]

10.Rivers is a top 3 QB behind Manning and Brees. [Can't ignore what Favre has done this year, but agreed. Rivers is the most underrated QB in the league. 16-0 career record in December. Eat your heart out Romo sits to pee. ]

what are your unpopular nfl opinions.

1.dallas clark is a better player then reggie wayne hard to argue against it but wayne is fantastic as well.

2.ben roethlisberger is not good as advertised i agree. Without the running game and great defense he looks normal. That first sb he was horrible. Pretty clutch in the last one.

3.bradys 3 superbowls were a result of good coaching and beast defense. Hence why his first 4 years, 3 superbowls. Last 4 "0". they helped, but he was the catalyst. They weren't going to the sb with bledsoe and brady put them over the top.

4.jason campbell is better then joe flacco, matt ryan, jay cutler, kyle orton. disagree. I think cutler will be fine next season with a new oc. Flacco and ryan are going through sophomore slumps but have a much higher ceiling than campbell and are already better than him, especially ryan. Orton is slightly better, though both are backup qb's.

5.tony Romo sits to pee isnt bad as hes advertised. This season the december record is the lack of coaching and defense. Romo sits to pee has been very good last 2 games. agreed. He's taking much better care of the football this year. True, the media overhyped him way too much in the beginning. But they are also the first to shoot him down when the team falters. Without him, that oline looks like a turnstile.

6.chris johnson>ad this year, yes. Career, idk.

7.brian orakpo has had an bigger impact on the redskins the 100mil dollar man. agreed. If you guys would put him @ de he'd be a monster. He's not a lb. Perhaps in the 3-4, but not in the 4-3.

8.wes welker is a top 5 wr and is the only wr in the league that is literally uncoverable. disagree. You could put more than 5 wr's in his role in ne and they would put up better or similar stats than welker. Imagine desean jackson catching all those short passes.

9.santana moss is washed up has been since roy left the division.

10.rivers is a top 3 qb behind manning and brees. Agreed! I've said it before, but i think this just might be the chargers year. Rivers is good and better yet he might be the biggest competitor playing. That guy hates losing and his confidence is sky high.[/quote]

I agree with what you said about Roethlisberger. He won two superbowls on the strength of the defense. The first one, he wasn't good at all. The last one, he made great plays, but without that Harrison INT, they don't win.

As far as Brady, he had 2 last minute drives to win Super Bowls. It's hard to argue with that. His defense has let him down this year. I'd also say the injury last year has affected him this year.

I have one of my own:

Despite what many in the media say, the overtime system is just fine. Look at what happened last week vs. the Saints. The defense for the Saints won the game by forcing a turnover. If you lose the toss, stop the other team. You may get better starting field position than you would have if you won the toss.

1.Dallas Clark is a better player then Reggie Wayne. I'm a "meh" on this.

2.Ben Roethlisberger is not good as advertised. He's good, but Troy Polamalu is the MVP of that team.

3.Bradys 3 superbowls were a result of good coaching and beast defense. Hence why his first 4 years, 3 superbowls. Last 4 "0". Partially true, but those rings were sealed by Adam Vinatieri.

4.Jason Campbell is better then Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton. Not in this universe, though I'd like to be in that other one.

5.Tony Romo sits to pee isnt bad as hes advertised. This season the December record is the lack of coaching and defense. Romo sits to pee has been very good last 2 games. His December record is due to the overall poor Cowboys organization. He might be able to overcome it, but I doubt it.

6.Chris Johnson>AD. Meh, I need to see playoff huevos from either.

7.Brian Orakpo has had an bigger impact on the redskins the 100mil dollar man. Disagree, Haynesworth being doubleteamed has helped Orakpo get off to a good start this season.

8.Wes Welker is a top 5 WR and is the only WR in the league that is literally uncoverable. Put "slot" before WR and you would be right.

9.Santana Moss is washed up. Yup.

10.Rivers is a top 3 QB behind Manning and Brees. Might be if he takes the Chargers to the AFC Championship again. Until then, Brady.

People hate on Big Ben too much. How many Super Bowls did the Steelers win before he got there? I'm not talking about in the 70s, I'm talking about recent history like the 90s to early 2000s, they always got to the AFC Title game but couldn't get over the hump, save that one year they got there and lost to Dallas. They get Big Ben and all of a sudden they win two in four years. Yes they had great defenses but Big Ben won them many games on their way to those Super Bowls.

Anyway my unpopular NFL opinion is that running the football is incredibly overrated and is an outdated concept. In today's NFL you win with the passing game. Look at last year's Super Bowl teams: neither the Cardinals nor the Steelers were great running teams. The top teams this year are all great passing teams.

Oh and the concept of time of possession being important. I'd rather hold the ball for two minutes and score a touchdown than hold it for five minutes and punt. At the end of the day time of possession doesn't mean jack **** if you aren't scoring points.

I have one of my own:

Despite what many in the media say, the overtime system is just fine. Look at what happened last week vs. the Saints. The defense for the Saints won the game by forcing a turnover. If you lose the toss, stop the other team. You may get better starting field position than you would have if you won the toss.

I almost agree, I don't think FG's should count in OT make teams go for the TD.

1.Dallas Clark is a better player then Reggie Wayne

Agree.

2.Ben Roethlisberger is not good as advertised

Correct. That team lives or dies by defense, and when the Skins injured Worthlessberger, Leftwich came in and won the game for them by being decisive and getting the ball out early.

3.Bradys 3 superbowls were a result of good coaching and beast defense.

And cheating.

4.Jason Campbell is better then Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton.

Too early on Flacco and Ryan but yes on the other 2.

5.Tony Romo sits to pee isnt bad as hes advertised. This season the December record is the lack of coaching and defense. Romo sits to pee has been very good last 2 games.

This season, yes. He is not the reason they are lost the last 2 but he isn't exactly wowing anyone these last two games either. His past record does show him to choke in the clutch so he's being advertised about right.

6.Chris Johnson>AD

Shocking but yes!

7.Brian Orakpo has had an bigger impact on the redskins the 100mil dollar man.

True. Even when 92 is out of the lineup Carter and Orakpo still get their sacks. Gotta credit Orakpo.

8.Wes Welker is a top 5 WR and is the only WR in the league that is literally uncoverable.

Does he get doubled constantly? Can he line up in he same spot consistently and get open? Because there are other guys who do and can, and Welker cannot.

9.Santana Moss is washed up

Santana would thrive if they would cut Randle El, let Moss return all the punts and be the slot receiver.

10.Rivers is a top 3 QB behind Manning and Brees.

I'd put Rodgers ahead of him. He is performing with zero protection, no run game to speak of and a defense that spent this year in a transition to the 3-4.

I like your thread. Should make for interesting discussion, Good job! :)

I'll throw my own list in to this, although I don't know how many of these would necessarily be "unpopular":

1. The 5 worst owners in the league by far are (not necessarily in this order): Al Davis, Danny, W.C. Ford, Jerrah, & the Lerners. None of the other 27 come close.

2. Dan Rooney, Bob Irsay, & Bob Craft are the three best owners in the league.

3. Bill Belichick is overrated as a head coach.

4. The two best kickers in the league are David Akers & Rob Bironas.

5. A QB can win a Super Bowl these days without a good running game.

6. A team can win a Super Bowl these days without a great defense.

7. Andre Johnson is the best WR in the league, not Larry Fitzgerald.

8. Kurt Warner is definitely a HOF'mr.

Do away with the challenge system except for booth reviews.

Instant replay is pretty much useless when the crew not only gets the call wrong in real time, but then gets it wrong after review. ugh.

If you don't have a top 5 or so kicker, your guy is completely replaceable (same for closers in baseball).

Having the players wear horrendous pink gear for the month of October for "Breast cancer awareness" was super lame.

"Captains" patches are lame too. The Redskins abstained from that stuff under Gibbs and that was the right call. Let the Titans or Texans put that ugly thing on their jersey. The Redskins are above that.

1. Cowboys and Redskins fans are basically the same type of fan

2 Pass interference calls are getting bull**** let the men play

3. Ravens fans need to get over the Colts/ Not a popular opinion on the ravens board--its like running into a daycare yelling sex./ No need to give the browns fans hypocrite ammuniton. Move the hell on, we have another team know. Going as far as to edit out portions of the Indy Colts on Espns Greatest game ever played is a bit psycho. I respect the history but dont need to brood

4 there is nothing better than a bengal fan, most passionate and hilarous

3.Bradys 3 superbowls were a result of good coaching and beast defense. Hence why his first 4 years, 3 superbowls. Last 4 "0".

Cheating helped them get those SB trophies...they need to be asterisked.

Um, no.

Romo sits to pee has had chances in those games to hit open guys for big plays that would have changed the results.

1. The "Challenge System" is terrible. Get the call RIGHT. I don't care if a team has a challenge left or not, get the call right.

2. The Patriots are overrated. Bill Belichick is overrated.

3. Rex Ryan is annoying. Shut the hell up Rex.

4. The Cowboys are not America's team. They are ESPN's team.

5. Mike Holmgren will not be a good GM. He is a good coach, not a GM.

1. The "Challenge System" is terrible. Get the call RIGHT. I don't care if a team has a challenge left or not' date=' get the call right.

2. The Patriots are overrated. Bill Belichick is overrated.

3. Rex Ryan is annoying. Shut the hell up Rex.

4. The Cowboys are not America's team. They are ESPN's team.

5. Mike Holmgren will not be a good GM. He is a good coach, not a GM.[/quote']

1. AGREED.

2. AGREED.

3. AGREED.

4. AGREED.

5. Holmgren didn't do well in Seattle, which is his only track record so far, so I'll have to say agree, although he was coach also which took away from his GM ability. I think he'll do okay in Cleveland if he gets the gig.

Archived