Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell: 'Offseason ... will take care of itself'

redskin01fan

What "personal accomplishments" should any Redskinds fan be happy with Jason for? I can't wait until this mickey mouse circus of praising a terrible player is over with. I want results and Jason produces nothing, absolutely nothing for this team and never has. His role on the team of losing QB can be taken over by anyone else in the league. He's not elite, he's not good, he's not average, he sucks and always will.

He is unquestionably the worst QB in Redskins history. This year solidified that.

That in itself is an accomplishment. Over 70 years of tradition and football with ups and downs and he is hands down the worst ever. 30 years from now when a crappy QB is behind center for the Redskins and someone claims he is the worst ever, the answer will be that he might be bad but at least he'll never be as bad as Jason Campbell.

A lasting legacy of complete failure. That is what Jason Campbell achieved.

I don't think we can bring Campbell back at this point. Too much spilt milk. Too many question marks. After five years, we don't know what we have in Jason. That's not good. This year, I see a good qb in a terrible situation... his "star" receivers have let him down in route running and with their concentration as manifested by drops. His o-line consists of third and fourth string guys, two of which weren't even on the starting roster at the beginning of the year. And yet, his qb rating is above average. His play has been C+. Under almost any other condition I'd say he was doing a fantastic job holding the team together.

BUT

He has never shown he can be a winner. He has always had legit excuses. Inexperience. O-line. No big receiver. Play calling. Systems. etc. At some point, there has to be production. You have to know and with Campbell we don't know. We don't know what we have with him and as unfair as it is to judge him this year that's what we must do. If he fails this year and 3-8 is failing by any standard, then he isn't the guy. If he had led us to the playoffs, if he had been a probowler, then you scratch off this year and say no qb could have made it, but what a heroic effort.

This year, we have to know and the fact that we can't see that he is the guy means that he isn't.

The exact things you call excuses are the reason why we don't know with Campbell.

The franchise hasn't put the neccesary elements around him to make a informed judgement.

Yeah there hasn't been great production but under the circumstances the production in my opinion has been good or better then expected.

Jason Campbell has league average stats behind a terrible line.

He has the worst losing percentage of any Redskins QB in history with the same or more starts.

The exact things you call excuses are the reason why we don't know with Campbell.

The franchise hasn't put the neccesary elements around him to make a informed judgement.

Yeah there hasn't been great production but under the circumstances the production in my opinion has been good or better then expected.

Not true.

The team has made the playoffs every year he was not the starter the last game of the season since he was drafted.

Other QB's have won since he has been here.

The only consistentcy with JC is abject failure.

He is unquestionably the worst QB in Redskins history. This year solidified that.

That in itself is an accomplishment. Over 70 years of tradition and football with ups and downs and he is hands down the worst ever. 30 years from now when a crappy QB is behind center for the Redskins and someone claims he is the worst ever, the answer will be that he might be bad but at least he'll never be as bad as Jason Campbell.

Hillarious dude, you should have an anti-Jason Campbell comedy routine

For people saying we should resign JC, think from his perspective, what that would mean. The general concensus is either sign him to small contract & start / draft QB & sit him on bench to learn 1 yr or sign him to small contract / draft OL with QB following year. Either way, looks like 1 year and done. Now, why would he resign what amounts to small contract for 1 year?

At this point it's best for both side to end this marriage.

I really don't think there is any question on the type of QB that Jason Campbell is in this league when you consider some simple facts:

1. He's never had a 2 minute come from behind win in any game

2. He's had 1 game in 40+ starts where he threw for 3 or more TD's in a game.

3. He's had all of 5 games where he threw for 300 or more passing yards in a game

4. He averages less then a TD pass a game for his career starting

This all happened on teams when the most important offensive linemen was considered to play at a pro bowl level, when his RB was playing at a pro bowl level and leading the league in rushing yards, and when his TE was playing at a pro bowl level. This was all happening when the team brought in WR after WR after WR to help him. The offensive team around him did have a lot of talent for Jason to use but yet he has never produced.

All he's done this year is further enforce the preconcieved notion that posters had prior to this year. If you thought the problem was everything under the sun but Jason then you probably still think that today. If you thought that Jason wasn't a productive QB then you probably think that today. The only reason there might still be a question about Jason Campbell is because someone can always play politics with Jason and make excuses for him. This year it's the coaching, the distractions, the play calling, the offensive line. Last year it was something else and it can go on. If you want to play politics and look for excuses to bail Jason out then you have plenty to choose from if you look for them. But that's the question I have when evaluating my own thoughts on Campbell.

Why is it that a guy who came out in the league when Jason did like Aaron Rogers has been sacked 14 more times then Jason has this year can have a passer rating 20 points higher then Jason, 800 more passing yards then Jason, 10 more passing TD's then Jason, 6 fewer INT's then Jason, 2 fewer fumbles then Jason, and most importantly have a winning record this year then Jason? Why is a guy being sacked much more then Jason, who puts the ball in the air much more the Jason, have Jason beat on every meaningful stat there is for a QB? If it were the offensive line then Campbell should have Rogers beat. If expirence mattered then Campbell should have Rogers beat as well as Jason's started 47 games and Rogers has started 27 games.

The answer I come up with is Jason's not that good, he's below average. But I already knew that coming into the year. He's gotta go

The REDSKINS are not very good.It amazes me that the QB is sadled with win and loses in posters minds.It's a team sport.

I know it was 6 or 7 games too late for this type of play to finally start, but better late than never! Thoughts?

I disagree that Jason has just started playing well.

I think he's played well in most of our games.

I think his play stands out more know because the playcalling is better and its more apparent to the fans and the media that he has to overcome a suspect OL.

[/b]

The REDSKINS are not very good.It amazes me that the QB is sadled with win and loses in posters minds.It's a team sport.

The REDSKINS since Campbell was drafted have performed far better without him playing. They made the playoffs twice.

With that same playoff roster, Campbell has amassed the worst losing percentage of any Redskins QB in history with the same or more starts.

The self-fulfilling prophecy may actually be complete and the Redskins might not be able to produce with a new QB at a playoff level because they let the window of opportunity close while pretending Campbell was capable of playing.

Why is it that a guy who came out in the league when Jason did like Aaron Rogers has been sacked 14 more times then Jason has this year can have a passer rating 20 points higher then Jason, 800 more passing yards then Jason, 10 more passing TD's then Jason, 6 fewer INT's then Jason, 2 fewer fumbles then Jason, and most importantly have a winning record this year then Jason? Why is a guy being sacked much more then Jason, who puts the ball in the air much more the Jason, have Jason beat on every meaningful stat there is for a QB? If it were the offensive line then Campbell should have Rogers beat. If expirence mattered then Campbell should have Rogers beat as well as Jason's started 47 games and Rogers has started 27 games.

Because Rodgers is a better QB on a much better team.

Then next question should be why is Rodgers a better QB?

o Rodgers was drafted to a team that already had there system in place

and running at a high level of efficiency with Brett Favre

o McCarthy is a much better HC/Playcaller the Zorn

o The Packers coaching staff and FO supported Rodgers as their future as their "franchise" QB

(even after he lead a 13-3 team to a 6-10 record)

o the Packers have an all around better staff

o Rodgers was groomed as the future QB for 3 years behind Brett Favre

o The Packers have better a much better receiving corps

o The Packers defense gets more TOs

o Rodgers is not getting pressured and hit and sacked on 3 step drops.

The Packers OL isn't as bad as their sack total would lead to believe.

The Packers WCO has more downfield throws and Rodgers has to hold onto the ball to let the plays develop and sometimes he does get sacked, but the offense hasn't been truncated, they run a complete passing game 3-5-7 step drop routes, the Skins on the other have been reduced to running 3 step drop heavy passing game because the pass protection isn't good enough

Question: If Rodgers played here do you think he would have the same numbers and would the Skins have more wins?

I'd rather lose than be mediocre. I'm sure Dan Snyder shares that vision. Skins must dump Campbell and continue the quest for an elite franchise-quality QB. There is no other option.

I'm sorry, but that is just plain stupid. So you'd rather win 2-4 games than 7-9? Do you enjoy losing? "Dumping" JC doesn't really do any good at this point because he will be a free agent and there are not any better alternatives available. You say "there is no other option." Thank the heavens above you are not replacing Vinny, because with your line of reasoning we'd be even worse off than we are right now. While I hope JC leaves just on principle, the smart move would be to actually build the offensive line and add some actual playmakers in the backfield, and see how he does for one more year.

Of course, that will not happen, and we will have another off-season filled with change and alterations that will continue our pattern of no continuity. We can look forward to many more seasons of crappy play, but it won't be due to JC anymore--anyone we bring in will suck ass and you'll be able to dog them too. Good luck, and Hail!

Jason's second career start he had a come from behind victory in a two-minute drill.

Aaron Rodgers sat behind and learned from Brett Favre for three years. Campbell sat behind Brunell for a season and a half.

Wow the excuses for JC just dont stop. JC bashers, I feel sorry for you guys cause they (JC fans) are using every excuse possible.

I'm sorry, but that is just plain stupid. So you'd rather win 2-4 games than 7-9? Do you enjoy losing? "Dumping" JC doesn't really do any good at this point because he will be a free agent and there are not any better alternatives available. You say "there is no other option." Thank the heavens above you are not replacing Vinny, because with your line of reasoning we'd be even worse off than we are right now. While I hope JC leaves just on principle, the smart move would be to actually build the offensive line and add some actual playmakers in the backfield, and see how he does for one more year.

Of course, that will not happen, and we will have another off-season filled with change and alterations that will continue our pattern of no continuity. We can look forward to many more seasons of crappy play, but it won't be due to JC anymore--anyone we bring in will suck ass and you'll be able to dog them too. Good luck, and Hail!

Does he enjoy losing? what are you talking about? With JC we have been big time losers. Only time we have meaningful wins is when JC isnt playing. Sad but true. Every last time we went to the playoffs there was no JC. When TC had came in, that was so obvious. But thats why I call JC voodoo campbell cause he has to have a spell on his supporters. If a rookie came here and we started winning with the same Oline and team they will have an excuse for why the rookie looks better than JC. Its just sad.

Wow the excuses for JC just dont stop. JC bashers, I feel sorry for you guys cause they (JC fans) are using every excuse possible.

You're calling my facts excuses? Why not support your positions with facts instead of deflections and open letters to JC bashers. .

He isn't going demand a rediculous contract, so you might as well bring him back. ...

He is going to demand a ridiculous contract. He has been groomed to demand a ridiculous contract. He will.

If Snyder gives it to him, he will lose more than the confidence by fans that he has any idea what he is doing.

Snyder should just offer him the minimum one year contract number to make him a restricted free agent. That number is only about $1.5 million.

Then, if another team signs him, we get a draft choice equivalent to where he was drafted...ie. first round.

We can't trade him for a 1st rounder. We couldn't trade him for a 2nd or 3rd either. We couldn't get anything for him last year, and he is no better.

We gave up a # 1, # 3, and a # 4 for him.

We got nothing but a bunch of excuses.

All that said, he will demand a ridiculous number and some owner will give it to him...because he won't know better and their fans won't know better. And that is better for us.

You're calling my facts excuses? Why not support your positions with facts instead of deflections and open letters to JC bashers. .

When have some of these guys ever, when you bring up other QB's who perform poorly, they throw the same excuses out. Is he our franchise QB? I don't know. Will we be the most epic dumbasses if we take Bradford and do not address the O-Line yes. Bradford will get tapped and then go out for 8 weeks

When have some of these guys ever, when you bring up other QB's who perform poorly, they throw the same excuses out. Is he our franchise QB? I don't know. Will we be the most epic dumbasses if we take Bradford and do not address the O-Line yes. Bradford will get tapped and then go out for 8 weeks

I don't know about that. Maybe we should sign Jon Kitna to groom a Bradford or a Colt Brennan, and have Kitna start next year. We could do worse than a Jon Kitna.

He could never be our franchise QB because our franchise is a rag tag of individual parts instead of a cohesive machine. The playcaller doesn't talk to the QB. The owner doesn't talk to anyone. The head coach's job has been reduced to motivational speaker.

Our offense and Jason Campbell has shown improvement since Sherm Lewis has taken over playcalling. This pretty much guarantees that Zorn will be fired but could let Campbell control his own destiny. Our remaining schedule is pretty brutal, so if Campbell continues to play well and our offense can consistently put up more then 17 points a game I think there is a pretty good chance we give him a short contract extension (2-3 years).

Jason's second career start he had a come from behind victory in a two-minute drill.

Aaron Rodgers sat behind and learned from Brett Favre for three years. Campbell sat behind Brunell for a season and a half.

Your right, he did. My mistake. However what does that say about the rest of his carear? He did it once, never again.

And which QB do you think Jason reminds most of us of? Brunell. Brunell couldn't score when he was here either.

Can't argue that. But I'm afraid of what it says about the posters who can't see that :doh:

What QB had the best optimal situation with every single piece good around him when he got there besides Bret Farve this year? That's a complete co-out and bull

Archived